+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Just finished the scene with Sheena's tanked up mom and I have tears rolling down my cheeks - probably because I'm associating the mom with tanked up "Sweeeeeet" chick from the first episode (was it Melissa?) and that got me thinking about webbed-foot chick and pretzel girl. And THAT made me remember Brad's PI (first episode) where he couldn't stop laughing (about webbed-foot girl).

Sheena's mom and "Sweeeeeeeet" bombed b'ette chick even sound alike. Fleiss must follow these clowns around and hook 'em up intravenously to their adult beverage of choice. And although the mom was whacky (and HAMMERED ), I liked her.

Loved DeAnna's family. The scene with DeAnna and her sister was touching. *sniff sniff*. I've gone back and forth with DeAnna and it was nice seeing a more tender "vulnerable" side.

I'm up to the Bettina HD now and I thought the stepmom was worse than the dad, although they were both judgmental pompous douchebags. Brad and Bettina's chat after visiting the parents was uncomfortable to watch as they were both clearly upset - Brad moreso than Bettina. At one point he even looked like he was on the verge of tears. Wasn't diggin' Bettina tonight.

I liked Jenni's family (what kind of an accent did granny have? ). That whole "You made the dance team" toast was so canned . . . hey - gotta bring the challenges of a long-distance relationship into play. There's definitely chemistry between the two of them, but I just don't think Jenni is feeling it as much as Brad. In fact, if she's not the chosen one, I don't think she'd blink an eye.

Aww, Sheena's exit was sad to watch. I didn't realize she'd fallen so hard for him. We get it shoved down our throat with Bettina (and last week with Hillary) that I didn't notice it with Sheena. And I know Brad didn't feel a "connection", but computability-wise, I think she would've been the best match for Brad. Don't ask me why . . . just a gut feeling.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 10-30-2007 at 04:20 AM.

I just wanted to say that last night I was really impressed by both Jenni's and Deanna's fathers especially. They seemed to trust their daughters' instincts and feelings about Brad and seemed only to expect that he would treat the women w/ respect and love. I liked that Jenni's dad asked Brad about "do you have goals" and Brad launched into specifics whereupon J's dad said he only wanted to know that he had goals. Same w/ Deanna's dad. Seemed extremely welcoming to Brad.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I really have not watched this season. I think I have watched portions of maybe 2 shows in the beginning. I honestly did not know any of the ladies until last night. Anyway, based on what I saw last night I believe Deanna is the final one. She seems to truly be ready to settle down. I think Jenni still has some things she wants to do and is not ready to settle down. Hopefully, Bettina goes next. It is one thing when your family is rude. You can't control that. However, she seemed rude too. She did not take up for Brad. She sat there and allowed them to be rude. Then appeared to make excuses for the way they treated him. I can't believe she had the nerve to say Brad did not look good on paper. I think she said something like "Well, I don't look good on paper either!" Why would a guy want to be with someone who doesn't think they are good enough. Usually I give the ladies a break when their families are rude but Bettina was just as rude as her stuck-up family.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2637408;
    I think Womack might keep Bettina for the final 2 but then pick one of the brunettes. I have no idea why i think that.
    Maybe to punish her high-horsed father. That would be a kick in his teeth to see someone think his daughter was not good enough for them. Of course, he would never stoop low enough to watch TV.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie;2636970;
    Typical Ivory Tower Academic.

Does not understand normal humans beings.
    Hey now, don't lump all of us academics in with that jerk. I'd say he is more of the exception rather than the norm nowadays...except at certain elitist institutions.

Bettina's father was a pompous ass. If I were Bettina, I'd be nervous to trust anybody, too. It appears that she'll never get his approval for anything she does.

It’s nice to see a family show skepticism and disdain for this ridiculous show, especially after viewing tapes of previous shows. What with all the crying, psycho women, horrible track record of breakups, hot tubs and fantasy suites. Like her or not, Bettina’s mom's made a good point about the whole "string them along for a while" angle. I felt sorry for Brad. He has got to be the nicest bachelor ever and I hated to see him get taken down like that. I would have enjoyed seeing this happen to Bob.

Bettina’s father is proof that they are plenty of ignorant people with fancy degrees. I am willing to bet that he hand-picked her first hubby. I have a feeling Brad is going to pick her just to spite them.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;2637940;
    It’s nice to see a family show skepticism and disdain for this ridiculous show, especially after viewing tapes of previous shows. What with all the crying, psycho women, horrible track record of breakups, hot tubs and fantasy suites. Like her or not, Bettina’s mom's made a good point about the whole "string them along for a while" angle. I felt sorry for Brad. He has got to be the nicest bachelor ever and I hated to see him get taken down like that. I would have enjoyed seeing this happen to Bob.

Bettina’s father is proof that they are plenty of ignorant people with fancy degrees. I am willing to bet that he hand-picked her first hubby. I have a feeling Brad is going to pick her just to spite them.

Looking at the pass shows if going by them she will be gone next week. I dont think he will pick her Deanna will win by default. sorry

Like her or not, Bettina’s mom's made a good point about the whole "string them along for a while" angle.
    I agree it's a good point, but I think she should have made it to Bettina, not Brad. I think all the parents should warn the girls at this point in the season. They all need a little voice of reason and caution. If Bettina's folks felt so badly about the show they should not have agreed to host this dinner. There certainly is precedence for that. Once they agreed, they should have been polite hosts, tried to get to know Brad, and saved their warnings for private discussions with their daughter.
    Concerns raised to him should have been more directly focused on his lifestyle and it's impact on Bettina. I think they could have politely asked: Brad, you say you want kids, but you probably have to work nights. How do you envision combining that work schedule with raising children? I really dont feel that sort of questioning would be rude at all. He probably would have welcomed the chance to explain more about his life and schedule.

But they had no interest in getting to know Brad. And they didnt care who knew. Nice.

Sheena's soused mom was a hoot. Good thing Brad knows how to be polite to a drunk.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 10-30-2007 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2637967;
    I agree it's a good point, but I think she should have made it to Bettina, not Brad. I think all the parents should warn the girls at this point in the season. They all need a little voice of reason and caution. If Bettina's folks felt so badly about the show they should not have agreed to host this dinner. There certainly is precedence for that. Once they agreed, they should have been polite hosts, tried to get to know Brad, and saved their warnings for private discussions with their daughter.
    Concerns raised to him should have been more directly focused on his lifestyle and it's impact on Bettina. I think they could have politely asked: Brad, you say you want kids, but you probably have to work nights. How do you envision combining that work schedule with raising children? I really dont feel that sort of questioning would be rude at all. He probably would have welcomed the chance to explain more about his life and schedule.

But they had no interest in getting to know Brad. And they didnt care who knew. Nice. Good thing Brad knows how to be polite to a drunk.
    Great insight! I concur wholeheartedly! Bettina's parents should have counseled their daughter about serial-dating-reality-tv shows! These shows are not rooted in "reality." These shows are for OUR entertainment, and I have to admit that I feed the little monkey in the zoo every Monday night!

In reality, no woman in her RIGHT mind with ostenisble evidence that her "boyfriend" is dating 24 other women, would not give this premise the time of day! Normal women do not find husbands on game shows! Well, Trista, was on the end of the bell curve. And, normal women do not cattle themselves in hope to be prodded by the proverbial Bachelor Farmer Brad! So, Betinna's snobby parents should question their daughter's senses! Being on shows like this one DOES NOT make one look intelligent no matter the angle. It is a reality carnival show, and I am ENTERTAINED!
    Peekaboo...I see you!

Is the show being replayed on tv? I missed it.

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread