+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I haven't watched enough episodes of this but I have to believe Brad is being forced to keep Bettina by ABC. Divorced (which he says he doesn't like) AND a disapproving family?

Tonight's episode was dull (well except for drunk Mom and rude Dad). Does it seem that this season is way rushed? I don't know anything about any of the women or Brad, do they know one another? Do any of them share anything with each other on a date, other than, "I like you" or "you look great"? What a dull season. Brad is nice, I'll give him that but no sparks, no interesting anything-no hobbies, no humor, etc. The women are one-dimensional, and that dimension is catty. I honestly don't see Brad and his chosen one lasting, which is a shame, I really want to see a success. My folks knew one-another 6 months when they were married, and they're at 48 years this April, so quick romance can lead to a lasting love. I think if they're truly the right person, then this can work. But none of this group has any dynamic with Brad. Sadly, it will be another break-up soon. I have no favorites, just a least favorite, whom I will keep to myself.

Wow, I thought Sheena's exit was very classy! She can definitely hold her head high.

I can't believe that he let Sheena go and kept Bettina though. I am wondering if he wanted to keep Sheena instead of Bettina and the producers told him no. The whole home visit w/Bettina was so harsh and he did not look happy as he was giving her the rose. It will be interesting to see how the FD's go next week.

Both DeAnna's and Jenni's HT dates went great. Jenni did get the longest air time for her date though. Don't know what to make of that. Either she is F1 or they are just trying to confuse us.

I thought it was interesting w/DeAnn's HT date that Brad mentioned that he felt like husband and wife w/her. I also like how he said that DeAnna doesn't "need" him which I think really fits into the kind of independent woman that he wants.

Now I am bummed that we have to wait a whole week for another episode!

I agree that parents would question a "bar-type" lifestyle, but the other parents did it without being condescending. He obviously doesn't drink much, and runs his businesses. The long hours might be a concern, but hey, doctors and all kinds of professions have long hours. I too, think Brad let Sheena off the hook so she wouldn't be hurt.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Brad has 4 bars.......he must be doing something right.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2637148;
    Brad has 4 bars.......he must be doing something right.
    Exactly. It isn't like he didn't have ambition, or goals or was futzing around loafing his existance. Bettina's father really has zero class.

Random thoughts:

1. I never saw chemistry between Sheena and Brad. But his brother liked her, and he valued his brother's opinion, and I'm sure Brad ended up confirming that she was indeed a good, stand-up person. He gave her a chance; no chemistry. He should have had the option of eliminating three girls last week, in which case Sheena would have been eliminated, too, and spared the awkward home-town date. Sheena's sudden depth of feeling for Brad makes me think that some little birdies were skillfully planting ideas in her head behind the scenes.

2. Four home-town dates is too much, IMHO. The guy tells me he has "feelings" for my daughter and he's possibly also telling that to three other sets of parents? Hmph. Let's face it; if you've still got four women in the mix, is it really appropriate to be meeting the family yet? Whittle down to three women (I would say two women, but I guess for suspense purposes, three is better) and show more of each date.

3. Even though I know there was no chemistry with young Sheena, and I think Brad wanted to let her go now before she got even more involved, I was kind of hoping that Bettina would get the boot anyway. Maybe she said some nice, wonderful things to/about Brad on the home-town date, and we didn't get to see them? Because really, she was almost as rude as the rest of her family. She didn't come right to Brad's defense. Rather, she said that her family's concerns made her concerned. And so on. That doesn't sound to me like someone who's ready to really give it the ol' college try.

4. DeAnna's got the edge now, I think, because I think Brad can better picture her at home, with their kids, making a life with him--better than he can picture that with Jenni, I mean. Jenni is very active, and I actually quite like her. As they say, she comes across as "I've got a lotta livin' to do." But is she ready to settle into some sort of domesticated married life as Brad might envision it? This year it's dancing with the Phoenix Suns. Has to. What about next year? I could be wrong. They do look cute together. I just wonder if he isn't more ready to settle down than she.

BTW: This does not mean that I think any of them will necessarily end up with him long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;2636796;
    well I found out MATCH....if he isn't married....Deanna's grandpa and Jenni's grandma...lol...

Jenni's dancing is very cute and her grandma is a "fire-cracker" Deanna is getting a better edit. Poor Bettina, she seemed shocked that she still got a rose! Sheena's exit was sad, I initially thought Jenni was leaving and Sheena stayed.
    Like the fatal blossom of the great gimson weed, I entice with my fragrance but can provide no succor. Blanche (The Golden Girls)

my dog asks, "Got Milk?" MidwestMama's Avatar

I'm not following this season that much, but is it just me or did Bettina's date seem eerily similar to Tessa's from last season??? Washington DC again. Similar style house, with similar decor and colors, even. Then the third degree, the awkwardness, the step-mother, the dog.... But this was worse and I didn't think it could go much worse.
    Last edited by MidwestMama; 10-30-2007 at 12:16 AM.

FORT Newbie

Brad's an idiot. I've watched only parts of 3 episodes, and the overwhelming feeling I get in all 3 listening to him is that he is a simpleton. He speaks slow; he has nothing unique, smooth, or sophisticated to say- he's virtually a robot repeating all his required lines from ABC about tough decisions and caring and having feelings.

For a 34-year old guy, even without a college education, he ought to have developed the skill and suave nature of a businessman now, at least in conversation. All we know is he is partner with 2 others in 4 bars- the brains of the operation could well be his brother and third partner.

If you're a simple, materialistic girl in for the money and and his build, Brad's perfect.

+ Reply to Thread