+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelor 10/22/07 Recap: Hillary, Dillary Doc…Prepare the Electric Shock

Re: The Bachelor 10/22/07 Recap: Hillary, Dillary Doc…Prepare the Electric Shock

Roses, I was sitting in my office reading your recap. My husband was on an important business call. I burst out laughing when you said you thought Bettina's nose would grow two feet when she told Brad what a great date they had. My husband thought I was laughing at him. I have said this time and again...you say exactly what I feel when I am watching this show. It would have been great to have DeAnna slap Hillary back to reality too. Great recap!

Re: The Bachelor 10/22/07 Recap: Hillary, Dillary Doc…Prepare the Electric Shock

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2626655;
    unless, of course, you count the bachelorette who dry heaved into the bushes several seasons ago. Booyah!

Brad feels Bettina has the “potential” to become Mrs. Right Now

(Didn’t everyone say this exact thing about Jenni last week?)

There is little to no chemistry between these two and they couldn’t look more uncomfortable if they were both sitting in chiffon dresses.

Things I Refuse To Do by Kristy
    * Play anywhere on anything at anytime.

With that, she mopes out of the room dragging her green, forked tail behind her.

But she’s definitely no Ryan Sutter because her Ode to Brad includes such tear-wrenching phrases as, “the moles that run up and down your arm,” and something about the hair in his ears. Woot! Way to charm him there, Sheena.

DeAnna tells us she’s found the most perfect thing in Brad which I’m guessing is his tongue.
    Hee hee hee.

I have no, um, balloon animal skills or anything.

I have decided that my favorite part of The Bachelor experience is not the final rose ceremony but reading your hilarious recaps. You are amazing and let us all drink to that!

FORT Fogey

This one was extra awesome! I kept laughing

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Loved it Roses. From the title, to Kristy being born without the happy gene.....GREAT stuff!

Great recap, roseskid! Some of my favorite parts:

Chris Harrison approaches, wearing a shirt left over from Michael Richards' days as Kramer on Seinfeld that he clearly dug out of the trash.
    I was wondering if the wardrobe dept. was on strike

He goes on to compliment her beauty, but it’s interesting that his arms are crossed as they chat. Bettina touches his arms, shoulders, and eventually puts her hands on either side of his face as they chat, and although he smiles, he’s definitely not reciprocating by physically interacting with her.
    Good catch!

Everyone rejoices except Kristy because, well, that would require some semblance of joy and I’m convinced she was born without the Happy Gene.
    Did we even see much of Kristy this time?

There is little to no chemistry between these two and they couldn’t look more uncomfortable if they were both sitting in chiffon dresses. Brad gives it all he’s got in an attempt to help her relax, but she’s one tightly-wound cookie. As they cross under the bridges, they exchange kisses by planting tiny pecks on one another's cheek. Later she tells us their relationship may be moving slowly, but it’s definitely moving. Well, compared to a six-ton, moss-covered boulder, maybe.
    Even without the voice-over, it seems pretty clear he’s trying to let her down easy, so I’m somewhat surprised when I realize she doesn’t get it. I wait for Miss-Telling-It-Like-It-Is- DeAnna to run up and rap Hillary on the forehead with her knuckles, shouting, "hello, McFly!" But, no. Hillary comes away from their encounter feeling it’s a good thing he’s so comfortable around her and says his eyes tell her there’s chemistry between them. Uh oh, poor Hillary.
    I’m guessing somewhere close by, an organ is also swelling, heh.
    He is rightfully stunned, and I suspect he’s smart enough not to not trust her words. He makes no attempt to kiss her.
    I hope ABC has a professional therapist on the premises, damn.
    Was this the first time we've know someone was leaving from the previews?

Hillary, Dillary Doc…Prepare the Electric Shock
    You're a genius!

The six ladies are obviously arranged on the couches in order of plunging necklines

What are You Thinking When You Think That?

Yeah, good luck with that one, you naďve Hans Christian Andersen fairytale boy.

I’ve heard the saying you look like an ass, but I’ve never actually known someone who had a face on their ass.

For now, Bettina and Brad stroll off together and Brad says their date the other night was perfect. She wholeheartedly agrees, and I wait for her nose to grow two feet.
    Nobody knows this show like you, Roses. I loved this recap from beginning to end. Fantastic job!

I wait for Miss-Telling-It-Like-It-Is- DeAnna to run up and rap Hillary on the forehead with her knuckles, shouting, "hello, McFly!" But, no. Hillary comes away from their encounter feeling it’s a good thing he’s so comfortable around her and says his eyes tell her there’s chemistry between them. Uh oh, poor Hillary.
    You're right. Brad should have sent Deanna to tell Hillary the harsh truth. No way would Hillary misunderstand (or misread) the abrasive DD. She might have given Hillary a whack on the head as well, just to get the message through.

Great job on the recap, BTW.

As Kristy demurely watches, I notice a little notepad sitting next to her. Fortunately, I’m able to zoom in with my x-ray vision to take a peek at what she’s been furiously jotting down:

* Dance.
    * Flirt.
    * Perform improv.
    * Throw caution to the wind occasionally.
    * Swim.
    * Play on Slip 'N Slide.
    * Play anywhere on anything at anytime.

What, No Balloon Animals?

Dinner is set at an intimate table for two which is completely surrounded by thousands of silver and white balloons. I immediately wonder if perhaps Brad’s going to get busy making balloon animals, but he seems to have something else on his mind, and presents her with gorgeous Chopard diamond earrings.

Speaking of seeing right through people, Brad and Hillary are alone and Brad looks forward to explaining to her once again (like at the pool party) that he sees her only as a friend. He worries, because she doesn’t seem to hear his words. I’m thinking quite possibly it’s due to a lack of oxygen because she’s wearing a dress so snug, and her boobs are compressed so tightly, they’re gasping for air directly under her neck.

She hopes he notices her beautiful (and snug) white dress and hopes it reminds him how she’ll look in a wedding dress. I hope ABC has a professional therapist on the premises, damn.
    Amazing recap! Thank you!! From the way they edited this show, seems like Sheena or Jenni will be F1, but I'm rooting for Bettina

What a great recap!! You had me already laughing hysterically just reading the title!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast