+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: 10/22 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/22 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

The more Bettina is defended the worse she sounds. Let's start with the 1 on 1 date. She was apparently tired of the "hard to get" routine so she kisses Brad on the cheek under the guise of the bridge underpass tradition to (I guess) release him from her "no intimacy" ban. Brad doesn't get the message and just kisses her back - on the cheek. At that point she seemed exasperated and bored to me. Clearly she doesn't understand Brad at all or she would realize that he is a simple man that doesn't play or want to play games during the courting ritual.

As far as her marriage goes, she should have decided not to settle BEFORE not after she was married. Once you are married the "for better or worse" clause kicks in. There was never a hint that her husband abused or even treated her badly, just that she wasn't satisfied with him. She knows that Brad doesn't approve of divorce so if she had been abused she would have said so to get a pass. Now she says that she loves Brad more than she's ever loved another which apparently includes the unsatisfactory man she married.

Bettina vs The Other Women. Since Bettina felt it was her business to know when Jenni and Brad first kissed and that she is appointing herself as Brad's protector (I worry about Brad being misled) and the moral compass for the show (Jenni is a liar and a slut), she can hardly blame the other women for getting up in her business. Both Jenni and Sheena interpreted her date comment the same way and they have spent a lot of time with her. She did say that she was going back to bed after she said it so my guess is that sleepiness greatly contributed to her letting it slip out, but not thinking it.

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2624259;
    I agree pakacat. I also think she was cast becasue they recognized she was easily manipulated and wide-eyed. Bevin talks about the "little birdies" and I am sure many little birdies were Hillary's friends. I also think she is spontaneous, in-the-moment and has a snarky wit. She would be a riot here on the board, but it doesn't come over right on film - or it is easily edited. I think she had help convincing her Brad was in love with her.

In real life she is a very competent, professional woman. She also has a wonderful sense of humor and quick wit.

I think the editing has sunk to a new low this year. Humorous has become mean and no one is spared. And it is too bad, because I am SOOO in love with this bachelor

Although this is only my second season, I know how these girls are manipulated by the producers. I'm sure Hillary was told to "play up" her disappointment. Since she does seem like such a fun person, she probably decided to have some fun with it. I don't think for a moment she was THAT heartbroken - sure, maybe a little - but not to that extreme.

Did anyone else notice her peeking around the curtain at the end when the girls were skinny-dipping? Another sign that she was mostly "acting." After the cameras were off she probably joined them|!

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2627987;
    The more Bettina is defended the worse she sounds. Let's start with the 1 on 1 date. She was apparently tired of the "hard to get" routine so she kisses Brad on the cheek under the guise of the bridge underpass tradition to (I guess) release him from her "no intimacy" ban. Brad doesn't get the message and just kisses her back - on the cheek.

Bettina vs The Other Women. Since Bettina felt it was her business to know when Jenni and Brad first kissed and that she is appointing herself as Brad's protector (I worry about Brad being misled) and the moral compass for the show (Jenni is a liar and a slut), she can hardly blame the other women for getting up in her business. Both Jenni and Sheena interpreted her date comment the same way and they have spent a lot of time with her. She did say that she was going back to bed after she said it so my guess is that sleepiness greatly contributed to her letting it slip out, but not thinking it.
    Bettina is interested in Brad... so why wasn't she allow to be more aggressive? Deanna didn't get to kiss Brad during her group date (he went away and kissed Jenni instead ) so DD initiated the kiss when she had her time with Brad before the rose ceremony

Everybody in the house suddenly thinking Bettina is their biggest competition now, so of course they would exaggerate whatever she has to say to make her looks bad! I think they might be too scared of DD (another front runner) to confront her haha so they focus on Bettina instead

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;2628220;
    I'm sure Hillary was told to "play up" her disappointment.

Did anyone else notice her peeking around the curtain at the end when the girls were skinny-dipping? Another sign that she was mostly "acting." After the cameras were off she probably joined them|!

And if it wasn't the case that Hillary was putting on a show she was ok with putting on, shame on Fleiss for the very mean edit and way it was introduced & presented. This show used to be funny to watch - but Fleiss is getting very close to killing the "golden goose" by getting meaner and snarkier with each episode.

I think that these girls aren't necessarily any cattier than any other seasons, but that Fleiss has made sure many catty situations were created and/or he has played with the editing to make all the girls look bad at one time or another. Then there was the degrading 'dog begging for a rose thing' at the comedy club, and now, the outright meanness with previews and editing on Hillary. Shame on you Fleiss. :nono

Since we all put up with D'Andy, (even 'loved' that bachelor season) when D'Andy was so obviously a player (leading on many girls with ILY's, only to dump them, and always showing off his bod or bragging on himself), maybe Fleiss thought this season he should even kick the meanness up a notch.

Note to Fleiss - most of your viewers are women. We like a little catty, a little tension, a little snark - but take it too far, and we'll turn on you. In the end, we women watch each other's backs, so don't insult us so much, or you can kiss goodbye what little interest remains in this franchise.

Also, I missed that peeking out that Beachmom caught. Good catch. That's great that it was shown. I think what Fleiss should do is at the end of each future episode, show some of the funny (not mean) outtakes. This would lighten up the mood of this season - because its been taken too far down hill and has to be redeemed - before the "tell all" show - or we won't make it to that. Ok, I'm done now!

FORT Newbie

um hilary broke down on another date with brad for no good reason. she is overly emotional in a very emotional situation. She was not acting, she was truly upset. why does everyone attribute it to fleiss' editing?! why the hell would she want to look like that on national tv. it was real. you can't fake tears or barely being able to breathe. I would probably do the same thing cause I am emotional! haha So, stop saying it was editing. The girl was just madly in love and thought Brad wanted to be with her.

ps fyi what fliess does edit is which girl the bach really likes. like the last bach. he made it seem like he would choose bevin when it was really tessa. that's how he edits or else it wouldn't be a good show bc we would know who the bach would choose.

I agree with you sierraraines. I think Hilary completely lost control and it definitely didn't look (to me) like she was just having 'fun' with it because the producers encouraged it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sierraraines;2630538;
    um hilary broke down on another date with brad for no good reason. she is overly emotional in a very emotional situation. She was not acting, she was truly upset. why does everyone attribute it to fleiss' editing?! why the hell would she want to look like that on national tv. it was real.
    I agree with you sierra - she was for real. Instead of "edit", maybe I should've said "selecting what to show us". In the hours and hours of footage, what they show is little snarky goings on in the house. And the Hillary cut was really played up to "sell the show" - over and over - "up next, Hillary loses it", "watch tonight, the most dramatic exit ever" (oh please), "and then, Hillary shows what a basket case she is". Yes - that's what one might expect if they go on this show and lose it. But it is extremely mean. I hope they get paid well to be put through this. They have a life to go back to that isn't produced, orchestrated, and set up to make these girls show their worst sides. Already, somebody hunted down the hospital Hillary works at, and made snippy comments about not wanting her as their nurse.

Got some scoop from a friend who's a producer on some of the VH1 "dating reality" shows ...
    With an open bar and a woman who's already shown she's emotional, it doesn't take any prodding to get them to jump off the deep end (i.e. Hillary). The production crew was probably squealing with joy over that drama. All they had to do was let the cameras roll.

Now, in the exit interviews, the producers DO ask insensitive questions (like "how does is feel being dumped?" or "didn't you feel like you'd be getting a rose?") to get them to cry. In the process to get on the show, these women have already told the casting team all their heartbreaks, so they have their backgrounds to throw in their faces to make them cry (like, "after your last boyfriend cheated on you, didn't you think this was your chance for true love?").

It's horribly mean to do, but it makes a better interview. And, really, the show content is all they care about. In the end, the producers hope for a good outcome (so the series will be renewed), but the more drama, the better for ratings.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Diane R;2625555;
    Regarding Hillary's 'meltdown'.
    If so, it certainly casts her post-show behavior in a different light. It does seem like they were asking her about her father. No wonder she became so hysterical.
    This would explain why she made the comment about wanting to make her father proud. As they showed it, it was kind of creepy. But, for me, at least, whenever I am asked about my father (who was an amazing man), I usually say something about following in his footsteps and commenting on how I believe my father would be proud of the work I am doing. And, if someone asks me about my father when I am feeling exhausted, all of the pain of losing him comes back and I struggle to hold it together. And, I'm not usually in a dress that is way too tight for me with my chest pushed out over the top and starving because I haven't had any food and a little tipsy because I've been at the never ending cocktail party.

Cruel. Just cruel. I was glad to see Jenni giving her support when it became obvious that Hillary wouldn't be getting a rose.

Once again I tiptoe in here peeking through fingertips so as not to be spoiled, but I had to comment on your post, hotlanta babe.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;2633136;
    Got some scoop from a friend who's a producer on some of the VH1 "dating reality" shows ...
    With an open bar and a woman who's already shown she's emotional, it doesn't take any prodding to get them to jump off the deep end (i.e. Hillary). The production crew was probably squealing with joy over that drama. All they had to do was let the cameras roll.

Now, in the exit interviews, the producers DO ask insensitive questions (like "how does is feel being dumped?" or "didn't you feel like you'd be getting a rose?") to get them to cry. In the process to get on the show, these women have already told the casting team all their heartbreaks, so they have their backgrounds to throw in their faces to make them cry (like, "after your last boyfriend cheated on you, didn't you think this was your chance for true love?").

It's horribly mean to do, but it makes a better interview. And, really, the show content is all they care about. In the end, the producers hope for a good outcome (so the series will be renewed), but the more drama, the better for ratings.
    I'm at the point where nothing the producers do behind the scenes surprises me anymore, but that doesn't reduce the horror at knowing it. I don't doubt for one minute that this is true, but how creepy is it to think they use background info to twist the knife in an open wound just to get the. most. amazing. breakdown. ever! Gah, it's beyond repulsive.

I can't wait for tonight's show as I LOVE the hometown visits with family members. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing the Bachelor who has been in complete control of a situation, take his turn at being on the hotseat. Does that make me a bad person?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread