+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: 10/22 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/22 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by 3ggplant;2625698;
    How come Hillary and Jenni all buddy-buddy all of the sudden? Didn't Hillary went thru Jenni's luggage w/ Jade and called Jenni "sexual" and a "freak in the closet"??
    This is women were talking here all locked up in same house. PMS sets in & hormones & moods change along with fighting for one man

Also they gravitate for friendship to the one most feel less threatened by

Quote Originally Posted by snickers;2624472;
    and sheena, how old is she? she looks about 35
    I thought the same thing. Everyone kept saying she was too young for Brad and I was sure she was older than he is. She's 23, but that may be in dog years.

This is my problem with Bettina: When she talked with Brad about the reason for her divorce she basically said that she wanted/deserved someone that would worship her above all else. That gave me the impression that she never gave her marriage a real shot, but gave up as soon as the honeymoon ended and real life crept in. Maybe she thought he spent too much time making money and not enough entertaining her. Then of course there was her comment to Jenni and Sheena that her date wasn't very special and then goes on and on to Brad about how great it was while explaining to the women that she had just been joking. Then there is her sharing with us that she was raised to "play" hard to get with a man and then being disgruntled when Brad doesn't get the signal that she was ready to be ravished. Also this "act" suggests that she does act differently around Brad than she does the other women.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2626153;
    This is my problem with Bettina: When she talked with Brad about the reason for her divorce she basically said that she wanted/deserved someone that would worship her above all else. That gave me the impression that she never gave her marriage a real shot, but gave up as soon as the honeymoon ended and real life crept in. Maybe she thought he spent too much time making money and not enough entertaining her. Then of course there was her comment to Jenni and Sheena that her date wasn't very special and then goes on and on to Brad about how great it was while explaining to the women that she had just been joking. Then there is her sharing with us that she was raised to "play" hard to get with a man and then being disgruntled when Brad doesn't get the signal that she was ready to be ravished. Also this "act" suggests that she does act differently around Brad than she does the other women.
    Interesting! The okay comment got me wondering too.
    Last edited by sluether28; 10-23-2007 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sluether28;2626364;
    Interesting! The okay comment got me wondering too.

I have a different take on Bettina. In no way has she ever presented herself as wanting to be ravished in the least. I do think however she has been sheltered from a lot of life experiences. Maybe he did spend too much time making money & that may be one of her issues with Brad. He has told her that he works a lot. Mnay women need attention & that does not mean every day at all but not just a bed partner. Many need that little extra emotional support. Does it make them less & vulnerable at times maybe .
    I don't think Bettina has told any of the girls diddley & is not willing to put it out there for them to scrutinze her realtionship with Brad. They are doing it all by themselves based on alot of assumptions & no knowledge of her. She owes them nothing in an explanation. It bugs the crap out of them because she is not forthcoming something that they all took issue with last week when Jenni would not come clean & they questioned her motives. She just said it was ok but it does not mean she did not enjoy her date she just was not willing to explain anything about her date. It was private. She is not trying to impress these women she has said she does not care what these women think. She is there to impress Brad bottom line.
    I think her not telling the girls does not make her a liar in any sense of the word at all & too much is being made of it. It just pretty much told the women buttout.
    I happen to think alot more happened in her marriage than we will ever know or do I want to. Brad has a right & I would never presume to say it was because she wanted to be worshiped. She has done nothing to indicate that is the case. She has numerous times talked very caringly about Brad & worries about him & what is taking place. The girls don't hear it but the producers sure do. The girls have no right to know what she is feeling. I think this is a great girl with flaws just like many women coming out of failures. Time & patience this girl is a gem.
    Last edited by intheblind; 10-23-2007 at 11:39 PM.

there was her comment to Jenni and Sheena that her date wasn't very special and then goes on and on to Brad about how great it was while explaining to the women that she had just been joking. Then there is her sharing with us that she was raised to "play" hard to get with a man and then being disgruntled when Brad doesn't get the signal that she was ready to be ravished. Also this "act" suggests that she does act differently around Brad than she does the other women.
    Maybe Bettina just wanted to throw the women off and didn't want to share every details of her date with them... They are competitions, after all!!

The "ravished" comment I believe was made by Hillary I don't really see what's the big deal with "playing hard to get". Tessa (on Andy's season) was also playing hard to get and wanting to quit the show a couple of times.

Deanna is the one that acts more different around Brad... She's sweet and saying the right things around him, yet often cold & condescending and sometimes mean to the other women

I thought the same thing. Everyone kept saying she was too young for Brad and I was sure she was older than he is. She's 23, but that may be in dog years.

I understood things a little differently, when she talked to Brad about her divorce she said she would not seattle. Meaning she would not marry just to marry but would really have to love that person.

The comment she made to Jenni and Sheena, I understood her to say as she was getting up "then maybe my date was not all that special." To me it ment, she thought Brad had special feeling for her after her date, but now she realized that maybe he didn't. It was Jeannie's words, not Bettina, that the date was boring, Jeannie,s attitude was very condencending toward Bettina. In the same situation, to avoid a discussion that would have played right into Jeannie's hands and ended in an argument. I probally would have answered I was joking too... Just to keep the discussion from going further.

She did make that comment about being taught to play hard to get. Again, I understood her to mean the man makes the first move and takes the lead in pursuing the relationship. I realize that is not necessarily the ways things are done...but in a lot of cultures it still is.

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy;2626491;
    I understood things a little differently, when she talked to Brad about her divorce she said she would not seattle. Meaning she would not marry just to marry but would really have to love that person.

The comment she made to Jenni and Sheena, I understood her to say as she was getting up "then maybe my date was not all that special." To me it ment, she thought Brad had special feeling for her after her date, but now she realized that maybe he didn't. It was Jeannie's words, not Bettina, that the date was boring, Jeannie,s attitude was very condencending toward Bettina. In the same situation, to avoid a discussion that would have played right into Jeannie's hands and ended in an argument. I probally would have answered I was joking too... Just to keep the discussion from going further.

She did make that comment about being taught to play hard to get. Again, I understood her to mean the man makes the first move and takes the lead in pursuing the relationship. I realize that is not necessarily the ways things are done...but in a lot of cultures it still is.
    whoa was it really Jenni
    that said her date was boring about Bettina's and not Bettina that said it?? That could change something here. I like your post by the way. Awesome!!

Mentioning that maybe she thought her date really wasn't all that special makes her insecurities rise again. Maybe this is part of the argument at her parents with her questions. She puts Brad to the test & wants omething from him also & not just lust. remember I think he embarressed himself first nite with there first conversation. It was pretty funny & we have yet to see anyone make him laugh like Bettina. I would love to see more of that. When he laughs from what we have seen in clips he roars.
    Last edited by intheblind; 10-24-2007 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2625585;
    I still read the comments here and the synopsis, but I have stopped watching.
    Me as well. I still come onto FORT to see how the sleuthers are doing but I stopped watching the show after the 2nd episode. Frankly, it's too cringe-worthy for me. I found I was muting the tv so much when they were talking that what was the point?

The sleuthing was always the best part anyway.

FORT Newbie

I just watched the part where Sheena comes back in from her date and it was Bettina who said her date was boring not Jenny.

I watched the rose ceremony part of this show again and it looks like Brad is rubbing off on Chris Harrison. Our "this is the final rose man" seems to have the beginning of the "scruffy look." I like it!

+ Reply to Thread