+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelor 10/15/07 Recap: When The Bachelor Collides With QVC

Re: The Bachelor 10/15/07 Recap: When The Bachelor Collides With QVC

Roseskid.
    You are the best with your re-caps. Sorry I always read them and forget to thank you. To me its the best part of the season.

You're killing me with the product placement! Fantastic recap as ever, Roses.

because I'm cool like that

The coolest Roses - better than the show!!

You are hysterical!! ABC needs to hire you for the after shows. I really want to know if the bachelor or bachelorettes read your recaps. That would be unbelievably funny. Thanks for making my week once again!! Carolyn

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2616105;
    But who can be bothered with such nonsense because a helicopter flies over the house prompting the women to run outside squealing with delight.
    That had to be producer-inspired...who squeals over a helicopter?!?!?

As the couple takes off for parts unknown, Hillary crawls into Jade’s lap for comfort...
    Kind of odd - but since they both seemed to be enjoying it, who am I to criticize?

Brad begs her to come back into his arms and they kiss like long-lost lovers.
    If Jenni didn't win, the Monday evening phone call between Brad and F1 must have been very entertaining.

The most humiliating moment was watching them pretend to be dogs and beg for a date with Brad.
    Oh, I don't know - I think it was just reducing the whole show to one perfect summary scene...except it isn't the Bachelor they are begging for, it's fame.

Brad tells [Jade] she's not giving herself enough credit - that he doesn’t see her as quiet and reserved, but thinks she’s confident and beautiful. I suspect they’re just words, though, because compared to Jenni, I see zero chemistry between these two.
    I know that face - that's the "Let's hurry up and get this over with" face. It couldn't have been more obvious that Brad couldn't wait to get rid of Jade - and get busy with DeAnna...

Kristy takes him aside and tries to explain again that she can be fun, dammit! Brad cuts to the quick and says he thinks she’s very much a lady but he worries he may not be as refined a man as she’d like. We don’t get to hear her response.
    Which was very disappointing - I would love to have heard her insist that, "Oh no, I used to tend bar and fix oil rigs, too!"

Frankly out of all of them, Jenni is coming across as the only one with any redeeming qualities, and as the others stew in their venom, she’s outside, kissing Brad, heheh.
    All too true, but we know it's probably Fleissian misdirection. I'm thinking that the hometown date might be a problem for her. Remember Amber and her roomate regressing into giggly college freshmen when Andy went to visit them? I can see Jenni having a similar cast of friends...

Love the product placements, rosekid. Maybe you can talk those companies into sponsoring your recaps? Better use of their dollars than advertising on The Bachelor, anyway...

"The ladies run to the door and watch him walk off with her belongings. I certainly hope he's employed by the show and not just some opportunist walking around the neighborhood."
    Sorry couldn't figure out how to quote - doh! But I thought this was hilarious! IIRC, the ladies were just wondering when "creepy luggage guy" was going to come, when this guy showed up for the luggage. Was that just my imagination? Couldn't believe they edited the show to call him "creepy luggage guy..." bwaaa haaaa haaaaa ...

And loved the "Truman"-show-esque product placements throughout ....

GREAT RECAP!

Oy, Roses! I got really excited when I saw the inserted photo of a man with a bald head holding a bag...I thought - at last - the Man Hand's identity has been discovered! Since I don't know who Chris Judd is, maybe I'll stay delusional.

Superbly super (booya!) as usual. Your recap pops up and I save it for when I need giggles and guffaws. Thank you.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Roses, I am glad you finally uncovered the shady side of the Bachelor. Ever since the days of "Brush-Ups" on J**'s season, I've always suspected that there was some subliminal advertising going on on this show. I'm glad to see the full truth revealed at last!!

Terrific recap!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fanatic
    only halfway through here...who is Chris Judd? and is this important to know? is it gonna be on the pop quiz?

The ladies are dressed to kill (with any luck, it may come to that, heh)

oooo that was a good line.

Doing the QVC product placement for this review was especially clever. I'd have never thought of it...Congrats on another entertaining, funny read.

RandalR asked, who squeals over a helicopter????

I'll have you know, Mr Randy, that here in my own home, *I* was squealing. I squeal evey time The Bachelor brings in a helicopter to whisk the Bachelor du jour and his gal off. I think it would be soooo coool to fly over Chicago in a helicopter....thought Brad and Jenni got an especially nice ride...I was soooo jealous!!! [squealing]
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 10-19-2007 at 06:29 AM. Reason: fixed tags

roseskid - your recaps are priceless! I loved the product placement! Some of these "ladies" are really getting on my nerves!

There’s an austere table set for two, and I notice the cameraman is careful to exclude getting shots of the air conditioners, vents, water pipes, and other unattractive items you typically see on building rooftops. They are barely seated before Brad begins touting Jenni’s praises, making sure she knows he’s thrilled to be in her company. There is food and wine on the table, but I can’t tell exactly what it is because the cameraman’s main focus is the candles. Why, might you wonder? Well I happen to have it on the best authority that they’re Dirt Candles, and on their website is a picture of Chris Judd as proof that “celebrities love our products.” Hm, since when does Chris Judd qualify as a ‘celebrity?’
    This was great! Wasn't Cris Judd one of JLo's ex-husbands?

damn, this guy is hooked…line and sinker.
    ITA!

Jade and DeAnna particularly go at each other with Jade keeping Mr. Pixilator extra busy distorting her mouth so we can’t make out her non-PG13 language.
    I knew she'd be gone as soon as we saw this.

The two of them sit almost back to back each ignoring the other in the limo.
    Or did TPTB tell them to sit this way?

compared to Jenni, I see zero chemistry between these two.
    True

I certainly hope he's employed by the show and not just some opportunist walking around the neighborhood.
    LOL - agree with the others!

She tells us she’s not here to make friends *rolleyes* and none of them are going to want to come to her wedding anyway when she marries Brad. Well now. Meow, hissss!
    Boy, has my opinion of DeeDee changed!

So much for Bettina being a lovely woman - her polish is tarnishing by the minute here.
    ITA - it's going to be easy for me to narrow down "most likeable"

Frankly out of all of them, Jenni is coming across as the only one with any redeeming qualities, and as the others stew in their venom, she’s outside, kissing Brad, heheh.
    Go Jenni! No denying their chemistry. Is she about the only one who hasn't been portrayed negatively? Maybe that's the "surprise" this season. She gets the first AND last rose!

Oh, and Hillary has a breakdown when leaving the show.
    Have they ever showed something like this before? So we know she goes BEFORE the show airs?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast