+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: 10/15 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/15 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy;2617971;
    I would imagine Brad is being very cautious on T.V and probally measuring every word before he speaks. I don't think we have seen the real Brad or the one his friends in Austin know. As for as him being smart, that is a hard word to define...is a collage education the answer? I don't think so, some of our smartest people have been bored with school. To me, being smart is setting goals and accomplishing them. Brad and his brothes haven't done to badly!!
    Well said!

I don't think we're seeing the real Brad either. I would think it's hard relaxing and being your old normal self with a camera in your face, for anyone.
    "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Didn't Brad say in the introductory section of the first show that the girls don't know that he has money? That he wants to find someone for whom money is not a big deal? Yes, he admitted to owning a few bars - but, how many then got out their calculators and figured the profit and loss? You need to be very tight with money to keep any with a service type business. In that way, it seems he and his partners have done very well. BUT, he is NOT flaunting it.

I like the way he is upfront about wanting a wife. On the 2:1, he said that he would state that fact many times during the evening. If he states it there, you can be sure he is mentioning it on the other dates as well. I'm sure all the girls know he is looking for a wife and not a girlfriend, and it ups the stakes. I think that is why Jenni at the circus told him so early in the show about her circumstances as far as work and location. The others could also be answering his questions as Jade and DeAnna did.

So much context was left out of this week's show. It was all one-liners and upmanship to probably go along with the comedy improv theme they developed for the week. But, unless they run this like Big Brother, then we (the viewers) have to live with editing that makes us want to scream - or, like the girls on this week's show, *sniffle* cry.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

hi friends!!

i usually don't come into the forums until there are 4 episodes of a show left and i'm too impatient to wait until the next one .... so i come in PRYING for the sleuthers for screen caps, tid bits of info, etc. anyway - i'm going to try and be a faithful forter for this one

one quick comment today (and forgive me if this has already been discussed, feel free to PM me as to not tie up the thread) - any thoughts on "Hillary's Dramatic Exit from the Show" as teased in the 10/22 promo??

Let me know! Happy Thursday to all - PS you can do me a big favor by voting for my show "Dave Navarro's Spread Entertainment" as best Web Talk Show - we're nominated for a TV Guide award and I'd like nothing more to see Dave bring it home. Online Video Awards | TVGuide.com

Thanks!! And I promise not to fill this up with my own personal vote hoe-ing I'm such a Bachelor fan!!!!!!!!

xoxo bridget
    TV is chewing gum for the eyes. - Frank Lloyd Wright

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by nessie;2617598;
    We all know that TPTB set up the dates, Brad is just one of the players as are the girls. And we also know that Brad and DeAnna's date lasted for hours so they certainly didn't just kick Jade out and jump in the hot tub. I think Jenni is the only one of those women I would want to spend time with.

Thanks for the enlightenment. I am new to the mysteries of this show and I find myself getting way too invested. Fortunately it fades by the end of the week. I don't even particularly like these people (of course I do realize we're not seeing the real deal)

I watched this ep again last night with a friend and I am rethinking some of my previous impressions. One thing - although DeAnna comes off as kind of abrasive she's like that with everyone, even Brad. She's honest. Even though it's hard to take I actually admire people who are straight shooters. I don't see her as two-faced.

Is there a cure for my fascination for this insanity?!!! Please tell me there is!

FORT Fanatic

Kristy's kind of interesting, isnt she? I dont see any chemistry from Brad there, but at least twice she was at pains to assure him that she's just a regular bucket o' giggles, USUALLY. Was it only two times she wasted her alone time with Brad explaining how much fun she usually is instead of just being a fun gal for a little?
    So far she's been totally boring. I wonder if anyone has ever correlated the number of times a girl has had to explain herself at length to the Bachelor with the number of roses that girl has gotten? If I was the Bach, I'd ditch that girl at the first opportunity.
    Interesting that he felt he wasnt polished enough for her, that she was too sophisticated and too much of a lady for him. So Deanna is...not so polished? a little thugette? and Jenni? I guess cheerleaders have their own little social subset and arent threatening to rough around the edges guys like Brad....
    Last edited by onewally; 10-18-2007 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winniechloe;2614194;
    Right now the only one that hasn't been catty is chris. Help there all bitchy.
    I have never once seen Jenni OR Christi for that matter, ever be mean to any of the other girls. I was thinking the same for Bettina but now she's on my list of girls that needs to go!

Just because Fleiss has not shown all the editing does not mean it hasn't taken place. There are many incidents showing of her shownlike looks like something said. The most important think about Jenni right now is she there for the right reasons?? It has only shown her comments about her wanting the girls to see how into her HE was & sounding competitive. WE have a comment of her saying she would never be aggressive like that ( I am thinking Fleiss left that in for part of her downfall as she ais about to fall) WE have her showing her displeasure of kissing him at the beach that she didn't get the rose so we know she has a little of that also. When she realizes now she is on the back burner as the other ladies like Sheena & Bettina get there fabulous dates & she gets group dates she will know that feeling that the others feel. I think Fleiss set her up with that last week & the comments above are the lead in for her fall from her pedestal. It;s not Hillary that gets upset about the jewels is my thoughts.

Even though we all feel Sheena is out of there & SC support that it scares the crap out of me because we have that VO of her saying she believes in love at frist sight & she knows she will marry Brad. What on earth are they hiding or what based on next weeks date would leave her to believe that this would take place. One hot kiss?? Not much different than Bettina right??
    I still don't think Sheena's home date is bad at all But I worry about Deanna's HT date.
    Something is amiss I just feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2618106;
    Didn't Brad say in the introductory section of the first show that the girls don't know that he has money? That he wants to find someone for whom money is not a big deal? Yes, he admitted to owning a few bars - but, how many then got out their calculators and figured the profit and loss? You need to be very tight with money to keep any with a service type business. In that way, it seems he and his partners have done very well. BUT, he is NOT flaunting it.

I like the way he is upfront about wanting a wife. On the 2:1, he said that he would state that fact many times during the evening. If he states it there, you can be sure he is mentioning it on the other dates as well. I'm sure all the girls know he is looking for a wife and not a girlfriend, and it ups the stakes. I think that is why Jenni at the circus told him so early in the show about her circumstances as far as work and location. The others could also be answering his questions as Jade and DeAnna did.

So much context was left out of this week's show. It was all one-liners and upmanship to probably go along with the comedy improv theme they developed for the week. But, unless they run this like Big Brother, then we (the viewers) have to live with editing that makes us want to scream - or, like the girls on this week's show, *sniffle* cry.

you are right, he did say that about money...I found it interesting. A million, this day and age is not considered money by many. i hope he has more then that if he considers himself wealthy enough to cause someone to marry him for that reason only. I get the feeling, Brad, is very tight with what he has.. with that and a good pre-nup, he doesn't have much to worry about, regardless of whom he chooses.

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy;2621746;
    you are right, he did say that about money...I found it interesting. A million, this day and age is not considered money by many. i hope he has more then that if he considers himself wealthy enough to cause someone to marry him for that reason only. I get the feeling, Brad, is very tight with what he has.. with that and a good pre-nup, he doesn't have much to worry about, regardless of whom he chooses.
    \\

After coming back and reading the above post, I realized I missed my whole point...sorry. Having one of those days. The point I was trying to make was the money issue is not really as big a deal as it's being made out to be. Brad exchanged a problem with respect to money which he felt he had for another problem of wheather the girls care for him for who he is or are on the show for personal exposure. The money issue is one that can easily be taken care of prior to marriage, the new problem he has, he or the girl may not know for sure until it is to late. Easier to say, one problem exchanged for another. Which is the greater of the two.

Brad and his partners claim they are NOT millionaires and that their lives would be much easier if they were. Brad will never say he is a millionaire. What you get about him being a millionaire is edit driven and created.

If you pay attention to Brad's reactions, there is a difference between attraction and being polite. Brad will be polite and gentlemanly to everyone. Much of what we are seeing is editor creation.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

+ Reply to Thread