+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: 10/15 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Regular

Re: 10/15 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2616388;
    I just don't know about Brad. Sometimes he comes off as nice but most of the time he comes off as an airhead (its that wide eyed golly gee look he gets) who is BSing everybody with his claims of wanting to find his soulmate.
    Yes, Brad is starting to lose some points with me. First that humiliating scene of acting like dogs. And then the aftermath of two-on-one date; this was Brad and D's first real quality alone time. There was no getting to know you talk or first tentative kiss. It was follow the formula Bachelor script, buddy. Into the hot tub - he gave you the rose so you owe some tongue. YUCK! And DeAnna. The problem I see with her is that she is sooooooo serious, like she's reading from her journal and has to be sure and get all her points across. Lighten up!

Brad spends half of each episode comforting and reassuring the weepers.
    Is it any wonder he likes spending time with Jenni? It's the only time he gets to relax!

FORT Fan

The weeping! THE most entertaining part of this season. Never have I ever seen so many weepers on one show. Fleiss may be showing all of the crying because the rest is pretty dull. Speaking of dull, Brad the Texas bachelor shown in California, sorry, that just gets to me. I would rather see what Texas has to offer. Maybe then this show would feel a little less like a "production". Brad seems generically nice, but what would there be to talk about? His claim to fame seems to be that he has a twin. Does he have any interests? We know so little about him. (Or is this all there is?)

The previous bachelor show they took the final ones to Hawaii and tried to connect a little to the Navy and show where they would be living, should they be his choice.

FORT Newbie

Brad appears to be a compasionatte and kind person, but I agree with you that he doesn't have the personality or the intelligence to make the show from becoming stale. He keeps saying the same stuff over and over again. It doesn't seem like he is capable of carrying an intelligent conversation. I don't care that he doesn't have a degree. One doesn't have to have a college education to be a more cultured, interesting, well-rounded person.

Speaking of intelligence, I don't agree that Andy's show had more intelligent women. Steffi, for one, is an exteremely intelligent woman, she is well educated, well-traveled and blessed with a dynamic and fun personality. Sheena, Kristy, McCarten are well educated as well, and so were some of the other women Brad let go in the first episode. This is just a pure guess on my part, but Brad may not feel comfortable around highly-educated women. maybe there is a reason why everyone thinks the rude and obnoxious DeANNA is a good match for him. Let's face it, she might be street smart, but she is not the brightest bulb in the string. I am not a fan of Jade, but she was right, how Brad didn't see through DeAnna's fakeness on their date is beyond me. He must not be a good judge of character. DeAnna's speech was so over-rehearsed I wanted to puke. She sounded like she was reading a poem or something. That was honestly the most pathetic two on one date ever.

I think that Brad knew going into the date that he was going to keep DeAnna and nothing that happened would have changed that. He may have been put off by her demeanor, but he's still very attracted to her. He may have decided that he would keep her around to get to know her better. He can always let her go later if the negative quirks of her personality are too much for him.

I'm back from my vacation and have finally caught up (thanks to online broadcasts). Boy, these women and Brad are dull. They never show ANY kind of conversations between Brad and the women, nothing subtantial, not even "who's your favorite baseball team"-type questions. We know nothing of any of their personalities, except that they are a bunch of criers and insecure women and Brad knows how to wipe a tear from a cheek. Jenni hasn't cried too much, but her smile/giggle are too much. How about having even a semi-serious conversation? I know they don't have a lot of time to show all of that, but a 30 second blurb of at least one woman and Brad might actually endear them to us. Right now, they're bad romance novel characters. Sheesh, most exciting bachelor ever my foot.

FORT Newbie

I haven't been able to put my finger on why I am so uninterested in this season - until I read this thread. By this time last season I was rooting for someone and saw some romance and affection and chemistry. I see nothing here but some really catty women. Yes, they have made me laugh at their ridiculous dialogue but I was really hoping to see some good, old-fashioned romance. Maybe from today's standards that's what TPTB are showing us. How pathetic if that's true.

Wow. I missed the last two episodes and was debating watching them to catch up but I decided to check the boards first. I'm glad I did. No real romance, catty women, dull Bachelor, degrading tasks and scenes...yup, sounds about right but I'm not going to bother going the distance on this one. Honestly, the only two Bachelors I enjoyed watching were Andy and Byron. The rest? Blech.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mears25;2616418;
    Yes, Brad is starting to lose some points with me. First that humiliating scene of acting like dogs. And then the aftermath of two-on-one date; this was Brad and D's first real quality alone time. There was no getting to know you talk or first tentative kiss. It was follow the formula Bachelor script, buddy. Into the hot tub - he gave you the rose so you owe some tongue. YUCK! And DeAnna. The problem I see with her is that she is sooooooo serious, like she's reading from her journal and has to be sure and get all her points across. Lighten up!

Brad spends half of each episode comforting and reassuring the weepers.
    Is it any wonder he likes spending time with Jenni? It's the only time he gets to relax!
    We all know that TPTB set up the dates, Brad is just one of the players as are the girls. And we also know that Brad and DeAnna's date lasted for hours so they certainly didn't just kick Jade out and jump in the hot tub. I think Jenni is the only one of those women I would want to spend time with.

FORT Fogey

It is so easy to say that Jenni is nice, but remember she is getting the attention and the good things. I just bet if she wasn't she would be catty as well. She did not look to awful nice when the other girls called her out for not spilling the truth about the first kiss. She was eye rolling and smirking rather meanly. I think this bachelor is a shallow dufus for lack of a better word. Being rich and handsome does not make one interesting to anyone more than a shallow uninteresting woman. Jenni is a dancer not exactly educated and well rounded. This show is exactly like Age of Love where Mark chose the same way based solely on looks which means they are not looking for love, but just a good time. This guy could have his fair share of lookers that want his money and his looks, but he acts like he wants some depth, but than he goes and chooses the girl to like the most that is exactly the type of girl he complains he has always ended up with. You keep doing the same things, the same things happen to you, and he is not making any changes to the way he goes about things.

And I agree with the poster above, this guy has no personality at all, and it is because in our society looks and money surpass personality to a lot of people so he has no reason to try to be social.

I would imagine Brad is being very cautious on T.V and probally measuring every word before he speaks. I don't think we have seen the real Brad or the one his friends in Austin know. As for as him being smart, that is a hard word to define...is a collage education the answer? I don't think so, some of our smartest people have been bored with school. To me, being smart is setting goals and accomplishing them. Brad and his brothes haven't done to badly!!

+ Reply to Thread