+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 10/08 Show Discussion Thread -- Show Starts at 9:36pm -- **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/08 Show Discussion Thread -- Show Starts at 9:36pm -- **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;2606964;
    ..... When Jenni mentioned that her "career" is important to her, did she mean "commitment"? Is dancing/cheerleading really a career? I am just asking.
    Jenni mentioned in her NBA Suns Dancers Diary that her three of her future goals are.......…
    Three goals I have for myself in the future are to marry the man of my dreams and start my family, be the best mommy in the whole wide world, and to be a well known model and actress.

I guess if Angelina Jolie does it , it's not "impossible" right ?

Having had a couple of days to digest the 10/08 show, I really am beginning to question if Brad is really "in to" any of these girls. He seems to have had no serious conversations or even semi-serious talks with any of these girls in which there was any conversation from both participants. (editing?) I think the unbelievable never seen before ending will simply be Brad pocketing the expensive diamond ring and kissing both girls good-bye. Maybe they will bring in a second 25 for him. A quick question: How much time does the bachelor have with the girls other than the rest of the date we are shown that doesn't make it out of the editing room? Do they get to visit any during the week in a relaxed unshown atmosphere or is it just the one or two encounters each week from which they produce the show? I can't believe we are this far into the season and there is no one to really like or really hate. It is so hard to get emotionally involved in these lukewarm ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillperson;2607163;
    A quick question: How much time does the bachelor have with the girls other than the rest of the date we are shown that doesn't make it out of the editing room? Do they get to visit any during the week in a relaxed unshown atmosphere or is it just the one or two encounters each week from which they produce the show?.
    Except for Byron, who lived in the guest house at the bachelorette mansion, they've very strict about when the Bachelor can see a bachelorette. Dates and rose ceremony evenings only. If the cameraman runs out of tape, for instance, they're separated until shooting resumes. Every moment they're together is captured, but not all of it is shown. (However the dates are six to twelve hours hours, and longer for the Fantasy Dates of course.)

They don't usually let the Bachelor see what happens when he's not around. No closed circut TV for him. That's why the Brad-Chad switch, this episode, was unique.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia;2606295;
    Back when Chris Harrison had a website, he had behind the scene pictures, including from the wrap parties. We've had a few listings of who attends. Quite a few industry people, ABC execs and the like. Nobody has been "discovered", ... yet. But they keep hoping.
    I was just being sarcastic when I said that Jenni's reason for bring the portfolio was to be discovered. I have no idea whether any people would be there that could advance her career, but it seemed soooooo unlikely. I was making fun of those dear, sweet, caring girls that were trying to protect Brad from such an ambitious, unfeeling career girl.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia;2607284;

They don't usually let the Bachelor see what happens when he's not around. No closed circut TV for him. That's why the Brad-Chad switch, this episode, was unique.
    But it is obvious that frequently the bachelor is coached to ask a girl about certain things, whether it's about herself or what's going on in the house.

thanks for sharing what you know, zinnia...post more!

Quote Originally Posted by Pillperson;2607163;
    Having had a couple of days to digest the 10/08 show, I really am beginning to question if Brad is really "in to" any of these girls. He seems to have had no serious conversations or even semi-serious talks with any of these girls in which there was any conversation from both participants. (editing?) I think the unbelievable never seen before ending will simply be Brad pocketing the expensive diamond ring and kissing both girls good-bye. Maybe they will bring in a second 25 for him. A quick question: How much time does the bachelor have with the girls other than the rest of the date we are shown that doesn't make it out of the editing room? Do they get to visit any during the week in a relaxed unshown atmosphere or is it just the one or two encounters each week from which they produce the show? I can't believe we are this far into the season and there is no one to really like or really hate. It is so hard to get emotionally involved in these lukewarm ladies.

You know. I don`t see any kind of affection with anyone. And when he went up to (can`t remember the name) and asked her straight out!! "Do you feel a sort of friendship with me or what"?... It`s like he wants the girls to show HIM how much they like him, without doing the same for them.

Or.... maybe the never before ending will be that he chooses both of them, pockets the ring and said he needs more time!! LOL

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean;2607784;
    You know. I don`t see any kind of affection with anyone. And when he went up to (can`t remember the name) and asked her straight out!! "Do you feel a sort of friendship with me or what"?... It`s like he wants the girls to show HIM how much they like him, without doing the same for them.

Or.... maybe the never before ending will be that he chooses both of them, pockets the ring and said he needs more time!! LOL
    As for his going up to girls and asking about friendship: so much of the behavior on this show is dreamed up and directed by the producers. They need the bachelor and the girls to do and say and act in certain ways. And so far Brad seems to me to be very compliant with the producers, doing what they tell him to do. I think sometimes a bachelor rebels-Travis started just going through the motions and PLo was almost contemptous at times.
    It's going to be interesting to see how things develop with Brad. I could see him being great friends with a lot of these girls without ever falling for any of them.....a Travis ending...

They had the 'more time' ending already...Charlie chose both Sarah and Krisily, dated them for a couple months, and then chose Sarah on a live show. I liked that, wouldnt mind them repeating that format.
    Last edited by onewally; 10-11-2007 at 02:20 AM.

I am beginning to understand why this never seems REAL. If everything is so very scripted by the producers no wonder none of these couples seem to survive. I also understand (though I am totally incapable) how the FORT is so good at figuring out who wins so early in the show. I hope this next week I at least see what looks like genuine interest between Brad and somebody and not just some very good game player trying to win the prize by convincing Brad of feelings she really does not have.

FORT Fogey

I thought Byron living on site gave him a much more real sense of who he would connect with and who was just there for drama. Of course, they had to bring Mary and ? back in...was that because no one really suited him at first? or was it planned?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;2610418;
    I thought Byron living on site gave him a much more real sense of who he would connect with and who was just there for drama. Of course, they had to bring Mary and ? back in...was that because no one really suited him at first? or was it planned?
    I dont know why they brought on previous girls-it had never happened before, but the second Byron clapped eyes on her, that was IT. You could see his interest in Mary INSTANTLY.

+ Reply to Thread