+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 10/01 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/01 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2595723;
    I have a theory about Solisa. It was reported at that "not so reliable" ABC board that Brad knew or had dated one of the girls before. Many have speculated that it was Solisa he knew and I"m betting the same.
    Here's how my theory unfolds, Brad gets a portfolio before the show of all the girls to aquaint himself with their names, and small tidbits about them. It's not always shown, but in at least two previous Bachelors they actually showed the book.
    Anyway, let's say Brad had dated Solisa before, he would definitely recognize her picture or name and probably say something to the producers. Perhaps in the interview process for Solisa, the producers saw her crazy fun personality and that she's a Christian and saw an opportuity too good to pass up. We all know Fleiss's way of thinking.. "exploit the girls at every opportunity!! ).
    So, Brad tells the producers he used to date this girl but it didn't work out, but Fleiss sees her as a ratings girl, so they compromise. Think back to the weird greeting Brad gave to Solisa when she got out of the limo. "We meet for the first time".. or something like that. It was weird and didn't tie into any other type of greeting he made all night. They do the little I'm from Austin, routine and then off she goes. It was an odd segment and many discussed it last week as such.
    I'm thinking they cued Solisa also and made a deal, to stay X amounts of shows (I'm guess 3.. and think she's gone after next week), so she can have her Bachelor fun, letting her be as outrageous as she wants to be (which would explain some of her over the top behavior) and Brad agrees to keep her around for that long. He probably liked her even if they didn't have a "connection" and didn't mind keeping her. His comments about her last night seemed like he was just letting her be "Solisa" and having fun, but not interested in her. He hugged her when she came back from the topless beach run yet didn't bother to get out of the hottub to watch her, and he keeps her as his last pick, (Fleiss's pick) because she's ratings magic for Fleiss. It makes sense to me, does it to anyone else?

I agree their meet and greet was odd ... but I'm thinking more along the lines that Solisa has had some contact with Brad by mail, email or phone, and I'm thinking business, but they never sat down to talk in person. Perhaps she contacted him regarding setting up a Ladies Night at one of his bars. She's an esthetician ( skin care ) so maybe she presented a marketing plan to get women in for facials and cocktails ? Hey ... we have oil change places that have ladies day specials and do manicures while you wait for your oil change and bars adjoining laundromats so why not ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by onewally;2595796;

I dont often resort to emoticons to express my reactions...but o Jelle...
    RE: Christian morals vs Solisa

Sorry I don't get it. She took of her top in mixed company and went skinny dipping and she let Brad do a body shot. I just don't see that either has to do with her faith I think being bitchy and talking nasty about others and wishing another ill exhibit less Christ-like bahavior.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;2595626;
    I'm thinking that Brad likes reserved girls better than the outgoing ones. I was a bit surprised that he kept Solisa. I don't think that she will last long though.
    Agree with you. He owns a few bars, so maybe he is tired of seeing the same type of women and wants someone opposite of whom he is always around. Just a thought.

I died when I read Jewels post referring to McCarten as "eggcarton"!!When Brad wiped her kiss off, I couldn't help but laugh and have a vision of my sons wiping their mouths off JUST LIKE THAT after drinking out of the MILK carton!! So I have been thinking of her as "Milkcarton" ever since!!
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy;2595952;
    I died when I read Jewels post referring to McCarten as "eggcarton"!!When Brad wiped her kiss off, I couldn't help but laugh and have a vision of my sons wiping their mouths off JUST LIKE THAT after drinking out of the MILK carton!! So I have been thinking of her as "Milkcarton" ever since!!
    he certainly doesn't hide his emotions .. i wonder if he realized what he was doing when he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2595190;
    Hillary = Bitch
    Jade = Bigger Bitch
    McCarten = Evil Bitch

After finding out Michele fell and has a concussion:

McCarten [with grup]: "So, she has a mild concussion and she was able to call you?" *said in a bitchy, doubtful tone*

McCarten [privately]: "He got off teh phone and we found out tht Michele fell down the stairs, and we were all like - how the hell did she get his phone number?"

Well, EggCarton - you snotty little bitch - how the hell do you THINK she got his number?

~~~~~

Actually, I'm very happy right now 'cause I have a bevy of bitchy b'ettes to loathe now. I'm weird like that - I never have a favorite who I LOVE - but the exact opposite.
    This is the best post so far! Classic! I do refer to her (McCarten) as Milk carton!

I never thought of the relationship to milk carton before but once you said it I can't get the image out of my head.

Total classic - more like sour milk though. She's terribly mean.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mynicholle;2596011;
    This is the best post so far! Classic! I do refer to her (McCarten) as Milk carton!
    Your milk carton definitely trumps my egg carton . . . plus it 'brings all the boys to the yard'..

Quote Originally Posted by onewally;2595679;
    Patrick Swayze...Dirty Dancing....swooooooooooooon... .maybe it's the Texas thing, Jewls, I'm sure you know Patrick is from Texas also. They both seem to have an alert, slightly-uncertain-but-eager-to-please quality. Not the smooth ladies' man type at all, which is ok. Brad reminds me a little of Travis, without the smugness. Travis sometimes deliberately put the girls down, letting them know he thought they were being stupid, like the 'orange teeth' moment. He was a jerk for not saving the moment for that girl by playing along. She put herself out there and he stomped all over it. I think Brad would appreciate she was making an effort and play along. We'll see.

(BTW...They filmed a bit of DD at Lake Lure, NC, a few miles from where I lived at the time. The local folks fell in love with Patrick Swayze, said he was totally genuine and polite and considerate of everyone.)
    Jewelsy and onewally - Y-E-S! Johnny all the way! Now I can see it. (Don't "know" Travis, but I've heard of him)

I like Brad. I agree with the others who said he seems to be honest but kind.

After tonight, I don't like Hillary. And I really wanted to.

What about Sarah? Do you think she'll stick around long?

For everyone who has commented on the possibility of Brad's knowing Solisa - she was Miss Texas. Don't you think in his line of work he would have met her before? I do. She had to have made promotional appearances around. I still wonder what year she was.

I wish just once that when girls interrupt 1 on 1 time the bachelor would say, "Girls, we need a few more minutes if you could just wait back downstairs we'll be right there."
    ITA, jantdbro!

Watched my tape of The Bachelor. Some of these girls are very cruel, nasty, competitive. When Michelle was injured and Brad told them, 2 of these women and smirks/little smiles on their faces. Felt sorry for Michelle, don't think she was given a fair chance but was it because of her age? I think it might have something to do with her being eliminated.

Jade and Hillary, especially Jade, she's such a nasty witch, hope she gets the boot soon, next week. If I were Brad, as soon as she started tattling, I would've gotten rid of her, PRONTO.

+ Reply to Thread