+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 10/01 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/01 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by cinderella78;2595600;
    Hi
    long time lurker not too frequent poster but I had to jump in here. not sure if this has been said but I came away with two things last night. One, I really, really don't like Hillary - which I am surprised about, I thought she would be sweet but now not so much. She really got on my nerves.
    And did anyone else find the Solisa bits to be the most entertaining piece of the show - tequilla body shot, followed by revealation that she is a good Christian with very strict morals cut to streaking topless down the beach.

Now I am not sure if that was how everything actually unfolded in real time but that was a pretty funny way to edit it all together

Just imagine if she was your nurse !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Hi all! Don't usually post on the Bachelor thread, but faithfully read... Just a few quick comments. First of all, love DeAnna! I agree with the poster who commented on Brad's brushing the strand of hair out of her face...very sweet and genuine. But the Jenni hate by the other girl's I just don't get. There may well be girls there who are there only for their "15minutes" and could care less about finding love. But whether a girl is there for the "right reason" or not, I would bet that very few of them aren't thinking about that TV exposure. That doesn't mean that they don't truly want a relationship. Realistically, how many of us would go on a TV show to find love? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, there's not. I'm all for love, however you find it But I think you have to have a certain personality and a desire for attention. Again, I'm not saying that's a bad thing. Just that every girl who was bashing Jenni for bringing her portfolio probably wishes she had done the same thing! I guess I'm just trying to say that searching for fame doesn't have to preclude searching for love. Every girl there is a pretty girl who is very aware she's on national TV. Brad just has to figure who is there solely for that reason I like Jenni so far, and hope she does well...just not better than DeAnna

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2595137;
    I just started watching but I am totally getting a Patrick Swayze vibe from Brad. I couldn't put my finger on it last week, but the little bell went off tonight. I'm just waiting for him to bust into some Dirty Dancing moves.

Patrick Swayze...Dirty Dancing....swooooooooooooon... .maybe it's the Texas thing, Jewls, I'm sure you know Patrick is from Texas also. They both seem to have an alert, slightly-uncertain-but-eager-to-please quality. Not the smooth ladies' man type at all, which is ok. Brad reminds me a little of Travis, without the smugness. Travis sometimes deliberately put the girls down, letting them know he thought they were being stupid, like the 'orange teeth' moment. He was a jerk for not saving the moment for that girl by playing along. She put herself out there and he stomped all over it. I think Brad would appreciate she was making an effort and play along. We'll see.

(BTW...They filmed a bit of DD at Lake Lure, NC, a few miles from where I lived at the time. The local folks fell in love with Patrick Swayze, said he was totally genuine and polite and considerate of everyone.)
    Last edited by onewally; 10-02-2007 at 02:57 PM.

Bachelor 11, the Mean Girls season! Sheesh, I've not seen this many catty women since Byron's season. I was really disappointed in Hillary. I lost a lot of respect for several of the women tonight.

I still am liking DeAnna, Jenni & Sheena. Bettina has not had a whole lot of air time, but she seems nice enough.

The Fleissian edit was very heavy-handed again this week, as it was last week. It's now so painfully obvious that it's easy to catch.

I'm thinking that Solisa staying was a defo producer decision, otherwise I think Brad would have dumped her "moral" arse last night.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;2595626;
    I'm thinking that Brad likes reserved girls better than the outgoing ones. I was a bit surprised that he kept Solisa. I don't think that she will last long though.
    I have a theory about Solisa. It was reported at that "not so reliable" ABC board that Brad knew or had dated one of the girls before. Many have speculated that it was Solisa he knew and I"m betting the same.
    Here's how my theory unfolds, Brad gets a portfolio before the show of all the girls to aquaint himself with their names, and small tidbits about them. It's not always shown, but in at least two previous Bachelors they actually showed the book.
    Anyway, let's say Brad had dated Solisa before, he would definitely recognize her picture or name and probably say something to the producers. Perhaps in the interview process for Solisa, the producers saw her crazy fun personality and that she's a Christian and saw an opportuity too good to pass up. We all know Fleiss's way of thinking.. "exploit the girls at every opportunity!! ).
    So, Brad tells the producers he used to date this girl but it didn't work out, but Fleiss sees her as a ratings girl, so they compromise. Think back to the weird greeting Brad gave to Solisa when she got out of the limo. "We meet for the first time".. or something like that. It was weird and didn't tie into any other type of greeting he made all night. They do the little I'm from Austin, routine and then off she goes. It was an odd segment and many discussed it last week as such.
    I'm thinking they cued Solisa also and made a deal, to stay X amounts of shows (I'm guess 3.. and think she's gone after next week), so she can have her Bachelor fun, letting her be as outrageous as she wants to be (which would explain some of her over the top behavior) and Brad agrees to keep her around for that long. He probably liked her even if they didn't have a "connection" and didn't mind keeping her. His comments about her last night seemed like he was just letting her be "Solisa" and having fun, but not interested in her. He hugged her when she came back from the topless beach run yet didn't bother to get out of the hottub to watch her, and he keeps her as his last pick, (Fleiss's pick) because she's ratings magic for Fleiss. It makes sense to me, does it to anyone else?
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Yup! I agree ... only, I don't think she is someone that dated Brad, more like an acquaintence of another friend. I don't see any familiarity that actually dating would produce, even if you were trying to hide it. Because of her carreer, I can see her being a friend or an associate of a past girlfriend. Again ... all speculation .. and only that.

The rumor came from the ABC board and said she would stay until the 3rd show I do not believe that poster is still posting
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

FORT Fanatic

Interesting theory, Cafegirl.
    Solisa apparently tried out for American Idol, so she's been knocking on the door of reality tv show fame. I wonder how much of her behavior is deliberately calculated to stay on the show as long as possible. Interesting that she's shooting for filling TWO slots on the show-daring/slutty AND Christian.

I liked her She was having a lot of fun and being herself. She said nothing bad about anyone else and was friendly and entertaining. I see no disconnect with being a Christian and doing body shots ... the fact that she is a Christian does not make her a prude or particularly conservative. I saw nothing she did that would conflict with Christian beliefs.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

FORT Fanatic

I'm just not feeling this wave for Deanna, and I'm not seeing what all the Deanna fans are seeing in her. Actually...so far none of the girls are appealing to me. My early interest was in Hillary, but her edit has been awful so far, revealing her to be a bitchy type. Bettina apparently cant string together a couple of sentences. Jenni? the giggle alone rules her out.
    Interesting that the first rose went to Kristi. Very interesting. Those getting the first roses typically tend to be girls who stick around a long time. Has anyone done a first rose/final 2 analysis? Actually the editing was so choppy all nite that it's possible the order of the rose ceremony was altered.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2595767;
    ...the fact that she is a Christian does not make her a prude or particularly conservative. I saw nothing she did that would conflict with Christian beliefs.

I dont often resort to emoticons to express my reactions...but o Jelle...

+ Reply to Thread