+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 10/01 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/01 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2595087;
    So agree, sparkyanna, especially the Kelly Clarkson look alike. All night when she spoke I kept thinking Kelly C.. but was rather appalled at how much trash she was talking. We know the producers interviewing them egg them on, but seriously, she didn't have to continue the slash campaign on Jenni. Just showed petty jealousy which is extremely unattractive!
    Funny, that the ones shown in the best light were rather obviously, DeAnna, Jenni, Bettina, Sarah and practically missing in action was Kristi, who ended up getting the first rose!! I was practically asking, was she even there tonight??
    Totally agree that Solisa is the drama, ratings girl that Fleiss loves so dearly! Some of the others just made me grimice.
    A few notable "aww" moments, were the gentle brushing back a strand of DeAnna's hair on their 1/1 and the look they gave each other before girl's interupted that said, from Brad, I see you want to kiss me and believe me I want that too.............but the girls arrive (obviously prompted by the producers) to interupt!! It made it a little cliff hanging 2nd chapter in their romance.
    Jenni, despite her laugh, which obviously Brad loves, is rather infectious with some genuine charm and I felt that Brad at this point, would like for over half of the girls to depart so he can spend more time with Jenni, along with at least four others.
    Bettina's time was a little surprising. I really thought they'd show her teaching Brad how to surf a bit, because if you caught it in the background they showed Bettina being the one surfing in the background AND wiping out! No, time on the beach.. hmm. What I found touching about them was Brad saying he was looking forward to seeing her all day and his real interest in her and wanting to make her feel comfortable when he sensed how upset she was during their 1/1 time (cocktail party), He didn't know what was upsetting her, but was trying to make her feel better.
    The little we saw of Sarah with Brad, showed an interest, but not a high level. i was rather surprised she got the rose, but liked her and felt she was one of the sincere ones there.
    Where was Sheena, other than a few PI times, she wasn't shown at all w/ Brad.
    Stephy, might intrigue him because of her "worldly travel and experience. She's a sense of mystery wrapped with someone who is bold and enjoys having a good time. No chemistry shown. He might have enjoyed her doing the body shot, but definitely seemed a bit uncomfortable.
    McCarten.............. loved his honesty about her kiss .. she's filler, I'm sure!
    Lindsey, did we even see them talk?
    Hilary is still someone with a fun spirit, but I think she was being prodded by producers to trash the girls and Jade doesn't seem to be the best influence on her! She and Brad did seem very touchy feely with each other on their 1/1, so that scored points for her. I still like her, but hopes she drops the jealousy thing.
    And finally, our bachelor, Brad. I still love this guy.. He's one of the most honest ones we've had. I like that he tells it like it is (to us) and pretty much is not leading the girls on. Of course, this is early in the game, but again, the guy doesn't have a poker face, so it's pretty easy to see who he likes and who he tolerates and who, he probably wishes he could ditch, but is arm-twisted to keep. What makes him charming to me, is that he's not a smooth talker or a one liner, but trying very hard to be a gentleman. I like that he took the initiative to show who he likes so far.
    I was thinking today, that this season is not getting me very excited despite my early high hopes, but I just like Brad and can see him with a couple of the girls in a real life relationship, plus I was entertained tonight. so thumbs up for me!
    You did a great job summing it up. thx

Quote Originally Posted by armywife;2594591;
    Brad gets a call from Michelle and says " i just want you to be ok, I will be thinking about you tonight"
    She called him but did he call her? She was injured, he should be concerned about her, asking how she's doing not vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2595519;
    She called him but did he call her? She was injured, he should be concerned about her, asking how she's doing not vice versa.
    From what we saw, she called him.. I could be wrong, maybe I saw it wrong- but whatever it is, I agree with you, he should show concern. He did later by having some 1/1 with her..but I thought it should have been longer.. especially since she didn't get to go on the date.

wait wait wait ETA: what I meant is that Brad said to Michelle " I just want you to be ok, I will be thinking about you tonight" that is what my prior post was meant to have stated lol not michelle saying that to brad!
    Last edited by armywife; 10-02-2007 at 12:37 PM.

FORT Newbie

A couple of comments.

Maybe everyone saw this before but at the beginning of the episode when they did "previously on the bachelor..." they show Juli doing her pretzel move with her feet behind her head and then she said, "and now you can spin me." Oh my goodness, I can't believe she said that! I didn't notice it before.

Why couldn't Michele go on the date? It seems to me she could have hung out in a chair at the beach just as easily as she hung out in a chair by the pool at the house.

I wish just once that when girls interrupt 1 on 1 time the bachelor would say, "Girls, we need a few more minutes if you could just wait back downstairs we'll be right there."

I'm baffled by him keeping Solisa. What a variety. I agree that he probably could have cut it down to 10 this week.

Love that they show his honest commentary and crackups instead of waiting until After the Rose to show that kind of stuff. Although, this season seems the most scripted to me of them all.

Rooting for DeAnna.

That's all.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by armywife;2595522;
    From what we saw, she called him.. I could be wrong, maybe I saw it wrong- but whatever it is, I agree with you, he should show concern. He did later by having some 1/1 with her..but I thought it should have been longer.. especially since she didn't get to go on the date.

wait wait wait ETA: what I meant is that Brad said to Michelle " I just want you to be ok, I will be thinking about you tonight" that is what my prior post was meant to have stated lol not michelle saying that to brad!
    The one thing we have to remember is that we saw a "Fleiss-induced" timeline of events last night, as Arielflies, said edited down from 90 minutes to 60. I'm guessing Brad did check on her, that gentleman thing is bred into him too well for him to be a jerk and not at least try to keep up with how she is. We don't know if they had another conversation via phone, but I'm guessing either he did or the producers kept him up to date. He did seek her out at the mansion and had 1/1 time with at the cocktail party, so I wouldn't be too hard on him bec. as always, we only see five second segments of 1/1 s that probably last a decent amount of time.
    Just me, but I see the opposite of a jerk in Brad, as I said in my summary last night, he's the most fun, sincere, tell it like it is (while being a gentleman) bachelor that I've seen. I think he's living in the moment at that point in the filming and trying to keep up his "duties" as Bachelor and at the same time, sincerely giving time to all the women that he sees at least some potential with, and hoping for more time with the ones he's already connected with.
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Did Deanna get a rose? Taped the show but have not watched it yet, will tonight.

I believe that when Brad got the call from Michelle, it was the first time he heard about it. I don't think the man would be expected to call first if he had no way of knowing.

Hi
    long time lurker not too frequent poster but I had to jump in here. not sure if this has been said but I came away with two things last night. One, I really, really don't like Hillary - which I am surprised about, I thought she would be sweet but now not so much. She really got on my nerves.

And did anyone else find the Solisa bits to be the most entertaining piece of the show - tequilla body shot, followed by revealation that she is a good Christian with very strict morals cut to streaking topless down the beach.

Now I am not sure if that was how everything actually unfolded in real time but that was a pretty funny way to edit it all together

FORT Fan

DeAnna reminds me so much of Mary, from the Mary-and-Byron season. A couple of times when she looked up at Brad, she looked exactly like Mary. So far, she's the only one I see as down to earth and normal.

I'm thinking that Brad likes reserved girls better than the outgoing ones. I was a bit surprised that he kept Solisa. I don't think that she will last long though.

+ Reply to Thread