+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rigina - Season 11

Re: Rigina - Season 11

Yes..that name for herself "Miss Brown Sugar" was so corny! I think she thought it was cute.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2579541;
    um, she's black... no rose

ok, maybe she'll get through the 1st round for shhh & giggles (per the producers...)
    I don't understand what her socially constructed "racial" categorization has to do with anything. To imply that she "black" therefore she will get no rose is malignant. If the producers put her there for "shhh & giggles," that is just plain wrong. I don't like how she introduced herself because doing so just makes her a magnet for ethnic attacks, and makes her look like someone with no class. What was she thinking?
    Peekaboo...I see you!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo;2585566;
    I don't understand what her socially constructed "racial" categorization has to do with anything. To imply that she "black" therefore she will get no rose is malignant. If the producers put her there for "shhh & giggles," that is just plain wrong. I don't like how she introduced herself because doing so just makes her a magnet for ethnic attacks, and makes her look like someone with no class. What was she thinking?
    "To imply she [is] 'black' therefore she will get no rose is malignant"... why is pointing out a fact 'malignant'? no black bachette has made it past the first couple rounds-Plo kept one a little longer than most.

"If the producers put her there for shhh and giggles that is just plain wrong"...She applied, she made the cut. Would not putting her on the show be better?

"a magnet for ethnic attacks"...who attacked her? who do you think would attack her? have you seen ethnic girls "attacked" on the FORT Bachelor boards on the basis of ethnicity?

only thing I agree with is, introducing herself as Miss Brown Sugar was tacky. big time tacky. Clearly SHE thought it was helpful to emphasize her "socially constructed racial categorization."
    Last edited by onewally; 09-25-2007 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by onewally;2585802;
    "To imply she [is] 'black' therefore she will get no rose is malignant"... why is pointing out a fact 'malignant'? no black bachette has made it past the first couple rounds-Plo kept one a little longer than most.

"If the producers put her there for shhh and giggles that is just plain wrong"...She applied, she made the cut. Would not putting her on the show be better?

"a magnet for ethnic attacks"...who attacked her? who do you think would attack her? have you seen ethnic girls "attacked" on the FORT Bachelor boards on the basis of ethnicity?

only thing I agree with is, introducing herself as Miss Brown Sugar was tacky. big time tacky. Clearly SHE thought it was helpful to emphasize her "socially constructed racial categorization."

There is no gray area here. The tenor was malignant, but I forgot to add malevolent. I am not compaigning for assent nor will I engage in answerability (law) of nonsensical, pugnacious interrogation. I apologize if my general observation caused vexation.
    Peekaboo...I see you!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2585408;
    Kocky... she actually got booted last night... so no more acting from her.

And seriously, who the heck walks out on this show and, when asked her name, proudly states "My name is Miss Brown Sugar" not once, but twice? UGH.
    Ahhh... Bachelor history prevails!

ok, i managed to watch some of this and i don't see what was wrong with what she said

she was no more cornier than the other boobs coming out the limo

i wanna vomit everytime i see the awkward repetitive introductions and the stupid limo giggling (sound like stupid teeny-boppers)

i think i know why none of these broads are married and come on an amazingly fake show looking for a husband

Every season its always the same, the black girls dont last.
    Freedom, Justice & Equality For All

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2585408;
    Kocky... she actually got booted last night... so no more acting from her.

And seriously, who the heck walks out on this show and, when asked her name, proudly states "My name is Miss Brown Sugar" not once, but twice? UGH.
    Maybe thats her way of "breaking the ice".
    Freedom, Justice & Equality For All

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12