+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mallory - Season 11

FORT Fogey

Re: Mallory - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by gameon;2585788;
    is there anyone else that was turned off my her swimming antics? how inappropriate to get in your swim suit during a cocktail party?? Take off your pants??? She's the new Bevin.

That whole thing especially the remark was audacious, tacky, and inappropriate. I feel sure he was socially aware of this fact. However (and you know there is a "however" coming ), I also feel sure that as a 'red-blooded American male' the whole thing secretly lit up every bulb in his Christmas tree.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;2585791;
    That whole thing especially the remark was audacious, tacky, and inappropriate. I feel sure he was socially aware of this fact. However (and you know there is a "however" coming ), I also feel sure that as a 'red-blooded American male' the whole thing secretly lit up every bulb in his Christmas tree.

He seemed DELIGHTED to me. I had the feeling that the whole swimming thing was a stunt cooked up by the producers to liven up the Bachelor and they asked for a volunteer (maybe promised her a rose?)...I think somebody's been watching flavafave (or whatever that show is).

Hate to ask...what was THE remark? I missed it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by onewally;2585823;
    He seemed DELIGHTED to me. I had the feeling that the whole swimming thing was a stunt cooked up by the producers to liven up the Bachelor and they asked for a volunteer (maybe promised her a rose?)...I think somebody's been watching flavafave (or whatever that show is).

Hate to ask...what was THE remark? I missed it.
    Paraphrasing but very close!!....While she was swimming toward him she said she thought he ought to take off his pants. Granted I have been married since the Dark Ages and most of my "other" experience has been gathered vicariously by watching what is going on in the media, but in my mind that remark is guaranteed to at least secretly turn on most any man facing a beautiful woman in his position.

I agree with you, though, that the stunt was producer generated. We know from Tina's blogs that the girls from Andy's season were strongly encouraged to do these ridiculous things "to stand out" in the Bachelor's mind. Yeah, right! What those stunts are designed to do is to insure entertainment and board talk/controversy on the internet imo.

Quote Originally Posted by gameon;2585788;
    She's the new Bevin.
    LOL, I have to admit that same thought crossed my mind.

FORT Fanatic

O please, we dont know her yet...way too soon to handicap her as 'the new Bevin.' I personally thought Bevin was a needy clinging whiney twit.

But yeah, that was a producer stunt-and I strongly suspect the
    'take off your pants' line was scripted-not something she would have said herself (tho who knows? maybe she woulda). That and Lindsay's singing, the contortionist, the "interview" with the tv gal, and probably Web Toes as well. Those 'strong suggestions'.... you know they look for the drinkers, knowing there's some good air time if some of the girls get sloppy drunk. Shots of Melissa shaking her head and grimacing and muttering to herself dominated the whole RC.

Not that I have much sympathy for the girls. If they're on the show, then they have surely seen it on tv and know that they need to pack some common sense along with the waterproof mascara.

I will say this for the producers, tho...they made the girl in the pool look beautiful. Very flattering angles and shots of her.
    Last edited by onewally; 09-25-2007 at 06:03 PM.

FORT Newbie

im sure it has been posted elsewhere, but i just got to watch the show online...couldnt help but notice that she looked thoroughly bored throughout the show (including appearing completely disengaged/uninterested in the michelle incident when brad was on the phone).

in her "diaries of the departed" exit interview, she said she didnt want to get into it and speak negatively...

so what did we miss?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12