+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Hillary - Season 11

Re: Hillary - Season 11

Hillary, Hillary, Hillary...

I dunno, if the way she's been acting the last two episodes is the result of producer manipulation and not a reflection of (at least some portion of) her true personality, they must have found an INCREDIBLY susceptible victim in Hillary!

For me, she's really painful to watch at this point. Going into the season, based solely on the minimal commercials and her picture, she was my favorite. What happened??

Now, it is just hard not to dislike her 'TVHillary character' immensely - if she's not mouthing off with the most lovely and complementary language about the other girls and how awful they are, she's sobbing uncontrollably. Oooookay.. huh?

First, I really hope she's NOT like this in real life and that she's not really such a 'mean girl' in her day to day existence. Next, I really hope she's not hosting big viewing parties because if I were her, I'd want to hide after watching myself in the most recent episode. Finally, if her current behavior is the result of producer manipulation, then I hope she learned a valuable lesson - TRUST NO ONE, especially not a producer for the Bachelor and keep your mouth shut when there's a chance your 'open mouth, insert foot' moments will be aired on national TV for millions of viewers.

This isn't my first time at the rodeo, so to speak, so I genuinely hope I'm wrong, but at this point I'm skeptical..
    Last edited by Secret; 10-09-2007 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stargal23;2606105;
    Actually, she does live in Philadelphia currently. So she's not just "saying" she is from Philadelphia.
    Welcome stargal23!

Actually it is up to the producers to determine where they wish to have the bachelorette's location, not the women themselves.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Newbie

I am back....and I have a few comments to make.

1) Hillary said to us that she would be portrayed as 'the bitch" (which we could not fathom at the time) and has not hosted any parties since the premiere. In fact, she hasn't even watched all the episodes because she has a life and is a nurse who actually works and tries to help people. She is completely humiliated by the way they are cutting her.

2) I think it was also pretty horrible what the other girls were saying (DeAnna and McCarten) while she was gone. If you need Hillary to be out of the picture to make your chances better, maybe they weren't very good to begin with.

3) I was horrified when I saw that Hillary was crying in the previews, but truth be told...once I watched it, it was somewhat endearing and she was making fun of herself the whole time. Self-deprecation rarely is the sign of a true bitch. She has gone through a lot and I don't think the tears were for Brad per say, but more so for putting her past behind her.

4) Her comments were hilarious and probably true and not one of you ladies can tell me that you have not said equally catty comments when faced with horribly fake and mean people.

I am getting off my soap box right now. I know that it is easy or me to sit here and comment because I do know her and I know people who see her every day. My main point, was that none of us really know what took place while they were there. The only thing we do know is that they put these girls here with nothing to do but sit by a pool and focus on this one guy...a guy all of them wanted to connect with. It's a recipe for disaster and hillary seems to be the one getting eaten alive.

Hillary and Kim were my favorites from the beginning. I wished I could have seen a little more of Kim, but what little I did see ~ Great Girl! Now to Hillary. I don't see her anymore catty than the rest of the girls and I definitely don't see her as a < insert B word>.

Hillary + beautiful black dress + beautiful Chopard necklace + private jet + San Francisco + very first one on one date + Brad = 11 very jealous girls.

Brad picked Hillary for his very first one on one date and she hadn't even received a rose from a group date and she didn't get the first impression rose either.

I'll post more later.

Hillary, if you're out there ~ you're one great gal!

I think that Hillary is one of the funniest bachelorettes we have had in a long time. She has a wicked wit and sarcastic humor which often doesn't come over well on television (as Tina reminded us). And I just laughed at Hillary the watering pot I thought her soliloquy with Jade and Bettina was hilarious. It sounded like slumber party talk among friends making up names and throwing darts at others who had hurt or been mean to them. How benign is "Those girls are not nice ... not nice."

One of the saddest scenes this season was when Hillary received the date box and was over-the-top thrilled. Not one person was happy for her - none. How sad.

The irony in all this is that Brad seems to really enjoy her - he is keeping her around.

She is wonderful material for the editors. She was so trusting. She thought all those production people were her friends. Not ... Such great material.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2607630;
    I think that Hillary is one of the funniest bachelorettes we have had in a long time. She has a wicked wit and sarcastic humor which often doesn't come over well on television (as Tina reminded us). And I just laughed at Hillary the watering pot I thought her soliloquy with Jade and Bettina was hilarious. It sounded like slumber party talk among friends making up names and throwing darts at others who had hurt or been mean to them. How benign is "Those girls are not nice ... not nice."

One of the saddest scenes this season was when Hillary received the date box and was over-the-top thrilled. Not one person was happy for her - none. How sad.

The irony in all this is that Brad seems to really enjoy her - he is keeping her around.

She is wonderful material for the editors. She was so trusting. She thought all those production people were her friends. Not ... Such great material.

Wow! Great post Jelle. I agree with you 100%. You are awesome at posting exactly what I want to say. Thank you!

I thought Brad and Hillary's date was awesome but I re-watched it and paid close attention to what Brad had to say. Here it is:

Brad’s comments private interview:

This is my very first one on one date and I’m really excited about taking Hillary on this date because she’s the one girl that really keeps me laughing. I’m especially excited to see the look on Hillary’s face when she figures out the surprise I have in store for her. Let’s just say she’s going to walk out of the room feeling like a million bucks.

Brad in another private interview:

Tonight’s date with Hillary was not quite what I expected. You know, I can only guess why Hillary is crying but I think she does have very true feelings for me.

Brad directly to Hillary:

I have to say this, the fact that I’ve had the chance to get to know you and just talk to you and everything you’ve said to me tonight from the time I came to pick you up and how excited you were and you looked beautiful, you actually look even more beautiful right now. I actually like the fact that you show me real emotions. So on that note, Hillary, will you accept this rose?

My comments:

Brad was impressed with Hillary. I’m impressed with Hillary. Let’s not forget that Brad has watched every bachelor show. He knows the first impression rose is the kiss of death and Chris Harrison explained to him that it would make the other girls jealous. I also believe that Hillary was impressed with Brad and did not expect him to be genuine and down to earth.

Hang in there “Silly Hillary.” You’re a wonderful girl. No doubt about it. Hugs and kisses.

Very well said Jelle and Kendra! I feel bad for any of the girls that fall under the spell of the producer's edit, and I am not buying that we are seeing the real Hillary.

Kendra, I really liked this quote ~

Brad directly to Hillary:

I have to say this, the fact that I’ve had the chance to get to know you and just talk to you and everything you’ve said to me tonight from the time I came to pick you up and how excited you were and you looked beautiful, you actually look even more beautiful right now. I actually like the fact that you show me real emotions. So on that note, Hillary, will you accept this rose?
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

ITA also Jelle and Kendra!

I still like Hillary a lot. She reminds me a little of myself-- emotional and competitive, with a bit of snarky humor. I still think she is a sweetie and is genuine (one of the few maybe there for the "right" reasons), and agree that the talk where the claws came out is no different than anything most of us do with people we don't like; it is just she happened to have a camera right there!

I really hope there is an ATFR show, because I really would like to hear some more about what was going on from the girls themselves. My reads and gut feelings on people are really coming into conflict with the editing in a few cases this season.

Quote by BLondie ~ Very well said Jelle and Kendra! I feel bad for any of the girls that fall under the spell of the producer's edit, and I am not buying that we are seeing the real Hillary.

I agree Blondie, Jelle and Kendra! I think Hillary is excited about life and has a beautiful smile. I think she most likely is a caring person it's just not what Fleiss chose to show us.

Hillary ~ keep smiling
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

FORT Fan

Jelle! (The posters after, too.) Wow, I am not alone! Thanks for the "tribute" to Hillary. Seeing throught the editing, Hillary is smart and VERY funny.
    Remember, almost nothing has been shown from some of these women, and
    what we have seen of Hillary is a tiny snapshot of her weeks there. Did you catch that she said something like, I can't remember the exact words, but she didn't need the jewels and all of that to be happy with him.

+ Reply to Thread