+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Hillary - Season 11

Re: Hillary - Season 11

If anyone listened in to the ABC Medianet call with Hillary that started at 2 EST, please post summary!

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;2629457;
    Hillary, if you are reading the board, please know you have a great sense of humor. I am sure you are well liked as a Nurse. Forget the editing, have a great life and hoping you find that special man! to you.

Very nice post pminn1608 I wish the best for Hillary. I am sure she will find a great guy someday. I am sure Hillary is a great nurse and a great lady. I hope you have great things ahead for you Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;2629504;
    If anyone listened in to the ABC Medianet call with Hillary that started at 2 EST, please post summary!

I got in then they kicked me out because I don't have media credentials.

I think Hillary was one of the best ladies there. She was smart, funny, caring, sexy and grounded. I thought she had a very good chance with Brad. But I have to say, that if there were no sparks on Brad's part, then it was best that he let her go before the big family visit!

In his defence, the bachelor did try to tell her she was a great "friend", and I do think that Hillary didn't "hear" what he was saying, simply because she had huge feelings for him and they got along so very well.

It's really sad anytime any of these girls get their hearts broken. With all that is going on when the show is being produced, I'm not surprised that she fell for him at all.

I really hope she finds that someone special! She certainly deserves it!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Newbie

She is doing well and has dated since Brad. She is just ready to find the "one" as I am sure a lot of us can relate to. I think she would be awesome as the next "Bachelorette"...she is hilarious and ready to settle down. Any thoughts???

FORT Fogey

I really like Hillary. I think she just needs to find someone who really appreciates high energy and fun.

I also like Brad. I haven't watched all the bachelor seasons, but I have watched many of them and he is one of the few who didn't immediately label a crying girl as a lunatic.

She was used and abused in the edits for the ads. I cried like that once (in private, unfilmed!) and you can't fake that. She was truly crushed, but her "moment" was filmed for the viewing pleasure of the general public. I wasn't her biggest fan, but no one should have to relive that or have that moment Tivo'd by thousands of people. Ouch.
    Go Tigers!

I also feel this was NOT "losing her mind" or "the biggest breakdown ever!" More a case of a very hurt-- and possibly naive-- girl who was probably misled by the producers, which is why Brad's message didn't get through. And though we could all see the writing on the wall, and I do wonder a bit why she couldn't, his wording WAS (probably due to constraints put on him by TPTB) pretty veiled. He could have just held her by the shoulders when she started talking after obviously misunderstanding him, looked her in the eyes, and in the nicest way explained, "I don't think you are understanding correctly... and because I like you so much and you were so honest with me, I wanted you to know ahead of time, and that this is in no way your fault..." ect.

Final conclusion-- still sticking by my opinion that she was the victim of a bad hatchet job by the producers. Still like her, and think she would be an incredible catch for the right guy, being beautiful, witty, and passionate. Brad is the big loser of the two... she probably actually liked him more than any of the others, from what I could tell.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pakacat;2630352;
    Final conclusion-- still sticking by my opinion that she was the victim of a bad hatchet job by the producers. Still like her, and think she would be an incredible catch for the right guy, being beautiful, witty, and passionate. Brad is the big loser of the two... she probably actually liked him more than any of the others, from what I could tell.

Yeah, and because he felt so comfortable with her and liked her so much as a friend, he just *knew* that he could never become romantic with her.... I like Brad, but, I'm sorry, in the case of that sentiment -- What an idiot.

No wonder Hilary didn't see the rejection coming. Why does feeling completely comfortable with someone and liking her as a friend mean that you couldn't ever develop romantic feelings for her?

In real life, it seems to me it works that way often, when it comes to longer-term relationships. So often, the people you feel really hot for at first wear out quite quickly, while the relationship where you felt comfortable and friendly certainly can warm up (not that it always does, of course.)

Well, in the long run she's better off with somebody who wants her, obviously.

FORT Fanatic

I'm sure that Chad wanted to really to tell her that there was no chance... but the powers that be wouldn't let him say it outright. He kept saying it's so great we are friends he never said it's too bad we'll only be friends.

I'm still gonna watch.

+ Reply to Thread