+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Hillary - Season 11

FORT Newbie

Re: Hillary - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2615962;
    I think Hillary was just a victim of the editing. I know they can't air anything that somebody didn't actually say, but as we know from Tina and Kate, the producers hound you until you say what they want you to. I'd definitely love to hear from all the girls that have left so far to know what "really" went on, lol!

As someone who knows her personally, she is definately a victim of editing. I read the boards and see people who think she is bipolar and its shocking. She is FAR from bipolar.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by stargal23;2616245;
    As someone who knows her personally, she is definately a victim of editing. I read the boards and see people who think she is bipolar and its shocking. She is FAR from bipolar.

Stargal: After watching Monday's episode, Hillary would seem to be most like the fun loving girl she portrayed at the improv show. Is that correct???

FORT Fan

stargal23, I like Hillary. It would be great if her friends would come and speak up about her. She is being bashed on the internet and that is due to the incredibly cruel Fleiss editing. I hope that she is not devastated, I would be. Oh, and did Hillary really want to marry Brad and move to Texas and spend her life around bars? Seems like she might be too sophisticated for that life everyday.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 10-17-2007 at 01:49 PM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Little Rascal;2616250;
    Stargal: After watching Monday's episode, Hillary would seem to be most like the fun loving girl she portrayed at the improv show. Is that correct???
    absolutely correct. She is really funny and extremely outgoing. I've known her since I've been practically in diapers and she's not even close to being bipolar or unstable.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by polar opposite;2616420;
    stargal23, I like Hillary. It would be great if her friends would come and speak up about her. She is being bashed on the internet and that is due to the incredibly cruel Fleiss editing. I hope that she is not devastated, I would be. Oh, and did Hillary really want to marry Brad and move to Texas and spend her life around bars? Seems like she might be too sophisticated for that life everyday.

my thoughts exactly. I was extremely surprised to hear that she was going to be on the show in the first place.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by stargal23;2616631;
    absolutely correct. She is really funny and extremely outgoing. I've known her since I've been practically in diapers and she's not even close to being bipolar or unstable.
    Does she also speak her mind most of the time? If so, that's how Fleiss uses the edit in his favor, whether it truly reflects the girl or not, usually not!!!!

Please wish her the best of luck. It will be Brad's loss anyway.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

There's only so much we can blame on the editing though. Fleiss didn't edit Hillary's private interview to make her say that Bettina was like a used car. Fleiss didn't edit Hillary's private interview to make it seem like she said Jenni was a hidden freak in a closet. She actually said those things. Hillary bawled on her one on one date, it wasn't the trickery of editing.

I'm sure Hillary is a lovely girl in real life, but whether it was the pressure of the situation or not, she said the things aired on TV.
    Wake up and be awesome

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2617067;
    There's only so much we can blame on the editing though. Fleiss didn't edit Hillary's private interview to make her say that Bettina was like a used car. Fleiss didn't edit Hillary's private interview to make it seem like she said Jenni was a hidden freak in a closet. She actually said those things. Hillary bawled on her one on one date, it wasn't the trickery of editing.

I'm sure Hillary is a lovely girl in real life, but whether it was the pressure of the situation or not, she said the things aired on TV.
    That's true Ashley, but what you don't see because of the editing is the whole context of the comment. You don't see or hear the whole conversation and the comment just on its own can be very strange whereas the whole discussion might have been quite different. Yes, we saw her crying on one date but what happened in the other 115 minutes? She may well have been goofy and laughing and they might have been having a great time.

Actually Hillary did not specifically call Bettina a used car because in looking at when she made that comment, Hillary was in her blue dress ~ which was during the comedy club group date and the background matches the date. Bettina told the girls about her divorce after the group date when the girls were back at the mansion.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2617418;
    Actually Hillary did not specifically call Bettina a used car because in looking at when she made that comment, Hillary was in her blue dress ~ which was during the comedy club group date and the background matches the date. Bettina told the girls about her divorce after the group date when the girls were back at the mansion.
    Actually, I interpreted that sequence as Hillary probably was referring to Bettina with the used car comment, but we didn't see her say it, it was just in a voiceover. THEN they cut to her in the same dress she was wearing on the comedy club date and show her sort of cackling with 'evil' glee (gee, try to influence us much, editors? ).

Honestly, other than that comment and the one about Jenni, I liked Hillary last episode. I kind of saw the Hillary I *thought* we'd see this season during the comedy date. She was really, very good and very funny. I think she was in her element. She was probably a riot in the house - unfortunately, I'm getting the impression that she cracked one too many snarky jokes at the expense of the other girls (e.g., the comments about Jenni being a closet freak.. and things from previous episodes..) and they took all of them and put them together to make her look 'wretched' (TM Jade).

+ Reply to Thread