+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104 ... LastLast

Thread: DeAnna - Season 11

Re: DeAnna - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by catn3d;2693926;
    If she does do it, they better get some nice guys. I'm thinking older, too. Well, not OLD just around Brad's age. DeAnna's more mature than guys her age.
    Very valid point. I can already imagine some of them waiting for the opportunity after watching her on the show .
    "I didn't want to do anything fancy today! I just wanted to go shopping, come home, cook dinner and hang out with my man" Jillian

Quote Originally Posted by catn3d;2693926;
    If she does do it, they better get some nice guys. I'm thinking older, too. Well, not OLD just around Brad's age. DeAnna's more mature than guys her age.
    I agree... guys her age would probably run Come on, a 26 year old guy with this lady, that would NEVER work!!! My ex-boyfriend is that age and I'm five years younger than DeAnna... he still was somehow "too young" ... I think I was about 13 when my mom said I would never, ever find a guy my age that would stay with me for more than a week (and btw, my dad's 17 years older than my mom ). If DeAnna really did the Bachelorette, they shouldn't cast anybody younger than 30 imo (and that would still be quite young)... somewhere around 30-35... the guy has to be able to deal with her strength and maturity! Anybody out there have some suggestions?
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Estella;2693942;
    Anybody out there have some suggestions?
    All of the guys I can think of are around DeAnna's age...being that they're around my age and I'm two days older than her. And all the others that come to mind are younger. My brother's only 21 and that would so not work. I don't think I could watch him on that show either!

FORT Fanatic

Just saw Deanna on Ellen. She looks great. I think people can say what they want to say about her but she really is extremely gracious towards Brad and just carried herself with a great deal of class. She has probably been the only one who hasn't said anything negative about him despite being the actual one who was dumped in such a public way. She's just a very very classy woman who obviously cares very much for Brad to not denigrate him publicly.

I absolutely don't want to see her on the Bachelorette, and really hope that she doesn't do it, because I question the caliber of men who would actually be on that show at this point. She seems like a really great girl who doesn't need the drama of dealing with men with questionable intentions. Also I do believe she is a bit too strong, independent and mature for the average 20-something guy (As a 27 year old woman with many of the same characteristics as DeDe, I can say that guys our age are not usually best equipped to handle really mature women) and have a hard time picturing too many men over the age of 30 willing to go on TV and live in a house with 24 other guys to compete for 1 woman. Even if they do in the end are there is the question of whether they actually would really care about the Bachelorette or just become invested because men love to win competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by appiah01;2694007;
    Just saw Deanna on Ellen. She looks great. I think people can say what they want to say about her but she really is extremely gracious towards Brad and just carried herself with a great deal of class. She has probably been the only one who hasn't said anything negative about him despite being the actual one who was dumped in such a public way. She's just a very very classy woman who obviously cares very much for Brad to not denigrate him publicly.

I absolutely don't want to see her on the Bachelorette, and really hope that she doesn't do it, because I question the caliber of men who would actually be on that show at this point. She seems like a really great girl who doesn't need the drama of dealing with men with questionable intentions. Also I do believe she is a bit too strong, independent and mature for the average 20-something guy (As a 27 year old woman with many of the same characteristics as DeDe, I can say that guys our age are not usually best equipped to handle really mature women) and have a hard time picturing too many men over the age of 30 willing to go on TV and live in a house with 24 other guys to compete for 1 woman. Even if they do in the end are there is the question of whether they actually would really care about the Bachelorette or just become invested because men love to win competitions.
    You are the voice of reason and I agree that men who might sign up for this show might not be worthy of her but then again who knew that someone like DeAnna would actually sign up for the Bachelor. So you never know .
    "I didn't want to do anything fancy today! I just wanted to go shopping, come home, cook dinner and hang out with my man" Jillian

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by zen4;2694017;
    You are the voice of reason and I agree that men who might sign up for this show might not be worthy of her but then again who knew that someone like DeAnna would actually sign up for the Bachelor. So you never know .
    True. It just seems that women are more likely to buy into the possibility of the fairytale actually happening being a bit more romantic by nature. I have a hard time seeing enough men as having that same nature to go onto the Bachelorette with altruistic motives.

I also think Deanna would be a different type of a Bachelorette. She is not Trista, who honestly had less of a defined personality than Deanna. I think Trista could walk into any room and probably like some guy in that room. She also isn't the laid back beach bumesque Meredith. I just think that the fact that she fell in love with Brad indicates that she likes a man's man with a good heart who works hard, loves her, God and family and honestly I haven't seen many of those types of men on the Bachelorette (or the Bachelor for that matter). I would just hate to see her go through the process and not really find what she is looking for, to give her heart again to someone who may not be a great match for her in real life, or to not meet anyone and then be roasted in the press.
    Last edited by appiah01; 11-27-2007 at 08:39 PM.

Well...I think that DeAnna is able to decide for herself whether or not she wants to take a chance on being the "Bachelorette". After all, the choices to be made would be hers to make in that situation.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Specialized;2694092;
    Well...I think that DeAnna is able to decide for herself whether or not she wants to take a chance on being the "Bachelorette". After all, the choices to be made would be hers to make in that situation.
    Of course that is true (and a slightly obvious point)...in fact is always true since few of us actually know any of these people and thus my opinion will in no way affect any of the parties' lives or decisions. However as a viewer, I am merely stating my opinion/preference based upon my perception of who she is based upon extremely limited characterization formulated through television, articles, and interviews.

Good television, whether that be reality or scripted, makes people feel invested in those they watch on tv. From what I've seen of Deanna she seems like a good girl and the truth is that the Bachelorette isn't really the type of show that usually produces good results for those involved so I wouldn't wish that for her.

At the end of the day obviously what she does with her life is her choice and whether I choose to watch is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by appiah01;2694081;
    True. It just seems that women are more likely to buy into the possibility of the fairytale actually happening being a bit more romantic by nature. I have a hard time seeing enough men as having that same nature to go onto the Bachelorette with altruistic motives.

I also think Deanna would be a different type of a Bachelorette. She is not Trista, who honestly had less of a defined personality than Deanna. I think Trista could walk into any room and probably like some guy in that room. She also isn't the laid back beach bumesque Meredith. I just think that the fact that she fell in love with Brad indicates that she likes a man's man with a good heart who works hard, loves her, God and family and honestly I haven't seen many of those types of men on the Bachelorette (or the Bachelor for that matter). I would just hate to see her go through the process and not really find what she is looking for, to give her heart again to someone who may not be a great match for her in real life, or to not meet anyone and then be roasted in the press.

You are so right as usual. I guess it's just me not willing to let go of her , and so wanting her to get her happy ending.I guess that the bachelorette show isn't the ideal environment for realizing that especially for someone as genuine.Of course on her end, I have no concerns, she is very clear about what she is looking for but who will end up signing up for the show makes all the difference. I haven't watched any Bachelorette show before, so I have no say in that. Ok now, you are starting to talk me out of this whole idea. Well,Brad why did you have to make it hard for all of us
    Last edited by zen4; 11-27-2007 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catn3d;2693920;
    Just watched Ellen and I now think DeAnna can handle being the Bachelorette and I'd love to watch her. I think she'd have the 'why not?' attitude, but also know that it can happen. She knows you can find love this way; she did. You know, I had a dream that she did the show and one of the 25 guys was Brad! LOL She had the best look on her face when he stepped out of the limo. She thought it was a joke, but nope; he wanted to "win" her back. How crazy would that be?!
    Oh My god , I thought the same thing. Wouldn't that be interesting. Now that would be the most dramatic ending in bachelor history , for sure.

+ Reply to Thread