+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 145 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast

Thread: DeAnna - Season 11

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Re: DeAnna - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by Estella;2692236;
    I think DeAnna knows Brad way better than we do, and once she has moved on and can look back at it without being "blinded" by her love for him (and therefore not understanding why he does that to her) she will probably say that she understands. I don't believe she will go on a TV or radio show and start bashing Brad for what he did. If she really loved him, she'll be able to forgive him, and I think we should be as well. I'm disappointed and sad that it apparently didn't work out for them, but we shouldn't be more angry and disappointed than DeAnna herself.
    I can't wait to see her on the show!!!
    hey estella
    i am not expecting dede to bash brad...or be angry or any such thing. i believe she will take the high road, but will not need to announce to us that she is. at least i hope she does. i merely hope that dede has some clarity as to who and what he is, and that he is not what he presented to her. it seems to be a myth, an illusion. she has seen 2 sides to brad now, as have us all. i would hope she realizes that protecting him, and continuing to believe in the myth that brad is this amazing, wonderful man is just a bit askew. i don't want her to bash him...i just hope she is beginning to see that the illusion of brad being who he presented until the last few moments at the frc...that that brad does not exist. i can't wait to see dede, and pray that healing is beginning for her. and i would love for her to be the next bachelorette...that she can still envision love in her life someday in the future. hope i am making myself clearer. thanks
    karey

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;2692284;
    hey estella
    i am not expecting dede to bash brad...or be angry or any such thing. i believe she will take the high road, but will not need to announce to us that she is. at least i hope she does. i merely hope that dede has some clarity as to who and what he is, and that he is not what he presented to her. it seems to be a myth, an illusion. she has seen 2 sides to brad now, as have us all. i would hope she realizes that protecting him, and continuing to believe in the myth that brad is this amazing, wonderful man is just a bit askew. i don't want her to bash him...i just hope she is beginning to see that the illusion of brad being who he presented until the last few moments at the frc...that that brad does not exist. i can't wait to see dede, and pray that healing is beginning for her. and i would love for her to be the next bachelorette...that she can still envision love in her life someday in the future. hope i am making myself clearer. thanks
    karey
    I understand very well what you're saying... but I respectfully disagree. I think DeAnna will probably not bash Brad because for her, there's no need to bash him, not because she's taking the high road. You're pretty much saying that Brad is two-faced, which would imply that he did what he did on purpuse, that he hurt DeAnna on purpose. I don't believe that's true. His commitment issues are part of who he is, but of course until it comes to the point of commitment (the FRC), those issues won't come to the surface. Maybe it wasn't his commitment issues, maybe it was something else that made him realize that he was not the one for DeAnna (and vice versa) and that he couldn't make her happy in the long run because they had different feelings for each other. He had a very confusing way of saying how he feels and couldn't explain why, but maybe DeAnna understood by now. I'm not trying to justify his way of letting her go, but I'm sure he didn't sit on his bed the morning of the FRC thinking "Ok, now I know how I can hurt her best."
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

We need to find somebody that was in the studio audience at the Ellen taping to spill the beans for us on what DeAnna had to say during the interview. You don't think they made them sign a confidentiality agreement, do you, lol? I am just kidding so I hope nobody gets mad at me!

Seriously though, I hope they do address some of the cattiness in the house and give DeAnna a chance to defend herself. She did not get that chance on the WTA show.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Estella;2692322;
    I understand very well what you're saying... but I respectfully disagree. I think DeAnna will probably not bash Brad because for her, there's no need to bash him, not because she's taking the high road. You're pretty much saying that Brad is two-faced, which would imply that he did what he did on purpuse, that he hurt DeAnna on purpose. I don't believe that's true. His commitment issues are part of who he is, but of course until it comes to the point of commitment (the FRC), those issues won't come to the surface. Maybe it wasn't his commitment issues, maybe it was something else that made him realize that he was not the one for DeAnna (and vice versa) and that he couldn't make her happy in the long run because they had different feelings for each other. He had a very confusing way of saying how he feels and couldn't explain why, but maybe DeAnna understood by now. I'm not trying to justify his way of letting her go, but I'm sure he didn't sit on his bed the morning of the FRC thinking "Ok, now I know how I can hurt her best."
    Estella, you are very wise. I for one would rather Deanna didn't go on any talk show NOT because I don't like her but it just opens her up to possibly more critizism. But since she is appearing on Ellen I hope that she can rise above and make herself look like the gem she is and leave Brad behind. I think she'll say he's a great person that made some questionable decisions under very pressure cooker situations.

I went to Ellen's website and I watched today (4PM PST) and I didn't see or couldn't find any indication that DeAnna will be on tomorrow. On the website, I couldn't find a written description, only the taped preview. The taped preview was shown today as well as an annoying blue cube in the lower left portion of the tV screen that promoed the week. Tomorrow, if all they previewed is correct, will be very busy. Besides tomfoolery with Howie Mandel, she interviews Anderson Cooper, a kid inventor, goes to driving school and does a take on the far-east game about fitting through moving cut-outs. I don't think there will be time for a DeAnna interview unless one of the other segments is cancelled. I'll be watching anyway, though, just in case.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2692530;
    I went to Ellen's website and I watched today (4PM PST) and I didn't see or couldn't find any indication that DeAnna will be on tomorrow. On the website, I couldn't find a written description, only the taped preview. The taped preview was shown today as well as an annoying blue cube in the lower left portion of the tV screen that promoed the week. Tomorrow, if all they previewed is correct, will be very busy. Besides tomfoolery with Howie Mandel, she interviews Anderson Cooper, a kid inventor, goes to driving school and does a take on the far-east game about fitting through moving cut-outs. I don't think there will be time for a DeAnna interview unless one of the other segments is cancelled. I'll be watching anyway, though, just in case.
    If you go to the main page for the Ellen show, look above the picture of Keith Urban on Friday and click the "more" button. It will bring you to an episode description for each day this week. The bit about DeAnna is the last few sentences for the episode recap for Tuesday. It does appear to be a busy show and I am sure DeAnna will only get a couple of minutes, but imo it is better than nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2692564;
    If you go to the main page for the Ellen show, look above the picture of Keith Urban on Friday and click the "more" button. It will bring you to an episode description for each day this week. The bit about DeAnna is the last few sentences for the episode recap for Tuesday. It does appear to be a busy show and I am sure DeAnna will only get a couple of minutes, but imo it is better than nothing!
    Thanks - I didn't try that button. I would hope that she gets more than a couple of minutes, though probably not from the schedule - unless a segment was cancelled.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;2692284;
    hey estella
    karey
    I don't quite understand how Brad is less than a wonderful man. I believe he is nothing less - - we all make choices based on the knowledge that we have in our pocket at the time. I believe Brad is not without integrity - and that says everything about ones character. Yes, there are places in the show that he might have acted/spoken differently - but, who hasn't made mistakes? I think what we clearly see is a man who is confused about what love is and what love feels like and might have some apprehension over making a commitment (as many post-divorce people do). He was afraid of the journey of love because he couldn't see the finish line. Hopefully, he will learn to "do it afraid" so that he will know the joy of having a soulmate at his side as apparently DeAnna was to him.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Estella;2692322;

I agree. Reality was absolutely crucified with editing this year. It's almost embarassing to speculate on the meager minutes shown.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked-in-Texas;2692163;
    I hope DeAnna and Ellen give him what he deserves!! He did all of this just to better himself and didn't give a crap about who he hurt along the way. Go get him Ellen!!!
    I respectfully disagree - I think Brad is confused and hurting - - and sometimes you just don't know where your weaknesses lie until the moment comes when you are forced to face them. It's like jumping into the deep end of a pool for the first time - you want to, you think you can, but then you become afraid when your toes touch the edge of the pool. Some people do it afraid - some people need time. I think he had good intentions and that he really thought he was ready for a relationship - - I don't believe for a second that he looked forward to saying good-bye and hurting either girl.

+ Reply to Thread