Closed Thread
Page 55 of 649 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155555 ... LastLast

Thread: Bettina - Season 11

♥Ali♥Gia♥Rozlyn♥ OutsideLookinIn's Avatar

Re: Bettina - Season 11

ITB, that's why I always looked at facial expression because it's very telling although Bettina is very good in hiding hers but still you can tell she's still hurting down from Hillary's comment to her family being shown in a bad light again .

JulieAnn, I really like your post . I also wish they could have shown us more last night instead of that short and edited version. Bettina sure knows how to hold her own. The way she said "deanna" at the end seems "force" out of her. Probably that rumor was true all along that she said "no one" at the beginning LOL.

I'm still on this boat and will not leave EVER

FORT Fogey

Hi, everyone. I'm at work and need to log off in a jiff. Just wanted to say that I still very much like Bettina, still want to support her, and think she handled last night with class and discretion. That being said I was disappointed that she made the final comment about future bachelors being well educated or words to that effect.

Now I came on kind of hard on Brad for the BB interview and Bettina's last comment was of the same variety. (JMO, folks.) So I did some soul searching last night and I now feel that maybe I was too harsh with Brad, that he has a much right as Bettina to be human. Mea culpa.

I guess both Brad and Bettina are carrying a bit of baggage when it comes to each other. I wish them both the best.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Doats;2664859;
    Hi, everyone. I'm at work and need to log off in a jiff. Just wanted to say that I still very much like Bettina, still want to support her, and think she handled last night with class and discretion. That being said I was disappointed that she made the final comment about future bachelors being well educated or words to that effect.
    I think, though, that her comment was an example of her caustic humor. She meant it as sarcasm but it was not interpreted that way by others because the situation was too intense.

I probably would have said the same thing in reaction to all of the hullabaloo about her father's comments about Brad's level of education. And, it probably would have fallen flat on the ground for me, too

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #4 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenolife;2664384;
    She SAID that?!?! OMG....my opinion of her just took a nosedive. Actually, my opinion of her wasn't very high after the "well, my date sucked compared to yours" comment, but wow. I'm not a fan of "education snobs".

Wonder what her family thinks having to use Microsoft software on their computers, you know? Considering Bill Gates was a college dropout and all....
    Hillary, Jade, McCarten, Sarah, Steffy and Sheena with the mess they displayed is the behavior we all should display and be proud of, because they conducted themselves better than Bettina

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #4 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by cape;2664302;
    Just so you all dont think I totally hate Bettina....

I did think she looked STUNNING tonight - her dress was so pretty and she looked great!!!! That was a great color for her...she should wear colors more often and not the neutral tones she did on the show...

It does sound like she has moved on and I am sure seeing it all took her back to that moment...and all of the anger rose up again...I am willing to bet this experience has solidified for her that she is ready to move on and clarified the qualities she is looking for...

I agree, I do think this was a very positive experiance for Bettina. As she said, she learned a lot about herself. That says a lot. It's awfully hard to look at ourselves objectively, learn from the experiance and move forward. Which is what she has seemed to do.

The one thing, I have noticed about Bettina, she is very truthful to others and I think, to herself. I do feel there were some pretty intense emotions involved between Bettina and Brad. There still seems to be some that need to be seattled..Just my humble opinion. If they had met under different circumstances, and gotten to know each other, in a normal manner. Things may have turned out a lot different.

If, Brad chooses DeAnna, I sure would like to be in the back-ground watching as the relationship unfolds. She'll have him not only walking a stright line but jumping rope as well. Oh, yes, I forgot the hoops. My, my.

Jeannie seems to be a very sweet girl. But she has been so busy dancing, all her life, it makes you wonder if she was ever able to just be a little girl and develope all the facets of her personality. Are, is dance all she knows?
    Last edited by rileymeboy; 11-13-2007 at 12:34 PM.

FORT Newbie

Wonder what her family thinks having to use Microsoft software on their computers, you know? Considering Bill Gates was a college dropout and all....
    Sorry, meant to quote this text for the Gates/Harvard Brad/Texas State comparison comment...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn;2664794;
    Now, am I still on the Bettina yacht? I'm such a hopeless romantic that even in the face of all of the edited evidence, I would not be surprised if they somehow ended up together. But, I'm also not going to hold my breath that they will.

Why do you want two people who had the hots for each other but don't really seem very well suited at all to end up together? I'm baffled that that's such a common sentiment here.

Is there some deep suitability between the two of them that other people see and I don't?

He clearly doesn't get her at all, and she doesn't seem to get him either, and now she's saying that a good bachelor has to be "educated." They're a lousy fit, it seems to me, and it would be cursing her to wish that their attraction ended up in a relationship. Maybe she was missing attraction in her previous marriage so that's why she was so excited about it here. But, come on, there are guys out there with whom she'll feel attracted *and* be compatible -- guys who will get her and she'll get them.

♥Ali♥Gia♥Rozlyn♥ OutsideLookinIn's Avatar

Seriously, that "hot and well-educated" comment was a JOKE (and scripted)! I can't believe bashers took TAHT seriously. Seriously?!? LOL... Can somebody just pleeease re-watched that whole clip because I think there was one past bachelorette also who said she wants a "highly educated" one but was over-looked. Guess Bettina is just too appealing for the viewers for them to take noticed and bashed LOL

FORT Newbie

Seriously, that "hot and well-educated" comment was a JOKE (and scripted)!
    I agree completely with this! She was clearly playing off one of the central themes of this particular show.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;2664918;
    Why do you want two people who had the hots for each other but don't really seem very well suited at all to end up together? I'm baffled that that's such a common sentiment here.

Is there some deep suitability between the two of them that other people see and I don't?
    Very good question!

For me, there are two things:
    1) We are seeing edited versions of the story. I think there is a whole lot more that we just didn't see. My point was that with how crazy all of the editing is, I wouldn't be surprised if we've been the "victims" of mind games and that they really do get along a lot better than what we've seen and that the two of them are just playing a part in order to fool people.

But, don't forget that I also said that I wasn't holding my breath that the two will get together. I certainly agree that there are a lot of other eligible people out there!

2) In many ways, their storyline reminds me of the rocky start the love of my life and I had at the beginning of our relationship. By all standards, we should not be together because we came from two different worlds, were not compatible, etc.. But, 27 years later, we are together and we are living happily ever after. That's why the hopeless romantic part of me wants their storyline to end happily ever after, too.

Edited to add about My Honey and Me: We had a lot of hurdles to overcome and I don't remember how many times we broke up but there was just something that haunted us and kept us coming back to each other. It didn't make sense to us or anyone else. When I saw Brad and Bettina look at each other last night, I saw that same haunted look.
    Last edited by JulieAnn; 11-13-2007 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Added another thought

Closed Thread