Closed Thread
Page 53 of 649 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: Bettina - Season 11

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bettina - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by intheblind;2664358;
    Agreed & Bettina felt why not & so why not she has the right to look for love as with anyother person. May not be cutout for a Reality show but hey. I like this girl a lot.

Now tonight was very interesting & for all the buildup we had more Sheena & Hillary.
    I still say something is a miss here. I think Brad's nervousness was very evident with Bettina & ABC wanted us to see that. I actually thought there interaction was good. Don't laugh I did. Some arn't going to like this comment but Bettina still rings Brads bell.
    There is no way Deanna or Jenni take this. This guy is single & on the prowl or has someone else in his life other than the final two & that is what the ATFRC is all about.
    I can't wait for this show to get done I need a life.lol
    I felt ABC was keeping the drama away from Bettina & Brad & I wonder what has been solved. It's gonna be some fun for sure. I can't wait.
    On my channel they didn't show Bevin did they show it on anyone elses channels??
    ITA with you ITB especially with the highlighted comments. Bevin was not shown with me either. Chris's comments are were pretty unassuming as well. Having seen the clip about this show on the ABC website makes you realize how much tptb can twist a story line any which way at any time. That being said, I felt they were pulling for Sheena in this show. I half expected to hear Brad ask if he could call her to throw Bettina's rumor out the door.

Good Luck Bettina!

FORT Fanatic

On a different note, as much as I like Bettina, I think irrespective of whether it was prompted or said as a joke, she could have gone without saying at the end "well educated and hot." And I thought Brad looked hurt when Bettina said she was a little turned off by him because of the HTD.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 11-13-2007 at 09:04 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by onewally;2664418;
    And I couldnt see her with Brad either. Bettina's from a well off, well educated background. She's going to want a smooth, polished, sophisticated man that will fit into her world. I think a relationship between then would have lasted about 2 months, tops.
    I agree with this. I don't see them fitting together at all.

And I think this is what her family saw -- and their worry was heightened because they quite recently saw her go through a marriage that ended swiftly in divorce. That can't have been a happy situation for her, and I'm sure they don't want her (or them or another guy) to go through it again, so when they see a guy come into the house who doesn't apprear to them to be a good fit, I imagine they replayed the last marriage disaster in their heads and kind of freaked out over it.

I'm sure they were anxious to have her wake up and really consider things carefully, and instead they saw her quite determined to have Brad, who seemed to them a bad fit. Things might have been a little different on the family visit if the first wrong-choice marriage hadn't been looming so recently in the background.

Well, Brad supposedly said that the fantasy date with Bettina was "weird". I thought that was so inappropriate to say afterwards. I did notice how Bettina barely spoke Deanna's name when asked who she thought would win. She said "Deanna" very softly. This season is SO ODD....I have a feeling whoever he chose.. if anyone, is not with him now.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2664542;
    Well, Brad supposedly said that the fantasy date with Bettina was "weird". I thought that was so inappropriate to say afterwards. I did notice how Bettina barely spoke Deanna's name when asked who she thought would win. She said "Deanna" very softly. This season is SO ODD....I have a feeling whoever he chose.. if anyone, is not with him now.
    I read on Jokers that someone at the taping said (I know, friend of a friend) at first Bettina said no-one. Someone on the crew went and whispered in her ear and then she said Deanna.

When her friend Tessa went on the show, she knew she was going to be meeting a handsome Duke-UCSF educated navy doctor/athlete -- all those shared values were firmly in place from day one.

Bettina went on blindly, having no idea about the bachelor. Would she have joined a show to meet him if he'd been described in advance? Hmm.

Once there, how on earth could you separate your sincere feelings from those generated within the cult-setting. It's a re-education camp the way they run the filming: isolation, disruption of normal sleep/eating patterns, constant talk of how great TB is, etc. Seeing her family would be expected to kick off the process of bringing her back to actual REALITY, bursting the bubble of "the show".

Finally, slightly different point, her lack of interest in sucking face on camera before the FD stage of the programming probably did little to endear her to producers, contributing to her wacky edit. I thought they were trying to (unfairly) cast her as beautiful but ultimately frigid tease who never "relaxed" in the Fantasy Suite.

Well, good for her!

♥Ali♥Gia♥Rozlyn♥ OutsideLookinIn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by annettejt;2664602;
    I read on Jokers that someone at the taping said (I know, friend of a friend) at first Bettina said no-one. Someone on the crew went and whispered in her ear and then she said Deanna.
    Hmmmm.. that's interesting... LOL

Like everything in that show IMO are all scripted. The only real emotions there are probably just their facial expressions. [edit] I know everybody were saying how rude was her parents towards Brad. Honestly, all those questions and statements we're not spoken directly in his face from what I've seen in my television (it was a VO) so if anybody jumping to Brad's defense probably saw a different HTD .
    Last edited by lildago; 11-13-2007 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;2664631;
    When her friend Tessa went on the show, she knew she was going to be meeting a handsome Duke-UCSF educated navy doctor/athlete -- all those shared values were firmly in place from day one.

Bettina went on blindly, having no idea about the bachelor. Would she have joined a show to meet him if he'd been described in advance? Hmm.

Once there, how on earth could you separate your sincere feelings from those generated within the cult-setting. It's a re-education camp the way they run the filming: isolation, disruption of normal sleep/eating patterns, constant talk of how great TB is, etc. Seeing her family would be expected to kick off the process of bringing her back to actual REALITY, bursting the bubble of "the show".

Finally, slightly different point, her lack of interest in sucking face on camera before the FD stage of the programming probably did little to endear her to producers, contributing to her wacky edit. I thought they were trying to (unfairly) cast her as beautiful but ultimately frigid tease who never "relaxed" in the Fantasy Suite.

Well, good for her!
    Love your post jlccaz! Well said . I really wish people can see it the way you do. Producers were probably not too happy that she didn't gave them what they want (kiss & making out? LOL) so they just cast her as cold and unfeeling. Like she said in one of her interviews, she was low drama. Doesn't anybody wonders why it was only Jenni & Bettina that were present the night Sheena came back from her date? My guess it's a setup like most of the things that was going on around that show.

I don't know why Fleiss and company didn't just line Bettina up against a brick wall and stone her to death. It would have been quicker and less painful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by muslady;2664477;
    ITA with you ITB especially with the highlighted comments. Bevin was not shown with me either. Chris's comments are were pretty unassuming as well. Having seen the clip about this show on the ABC website makes you realize how much tptb can twist a story line any which way at any time. That being said, I felt they were pulling for Sheena in this show. I half expected to hear Brad ask if he could call her to throw Bettina's rumor out the door.

Good Luck Bettina!
    Bevin wasn't shown on my channel either. Regarding Sheena, it was pretty obvious the producers and both brothers we're pulling for her (purposely to get back at Bettina? ). She was praised the whole night and was shown in a very good light as if to say to Bettina "if only you could be like her" . I'm not saying Sheena doesn't deserve it but I that was pretty obvious that they were trying to send a message across Bettina and her bashers.

Closed Thread