Closed Thread
Page 51 of 649 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151551 ... LastLast

Thread: Bettina - Season 11

♥Ali♥Gia♥Rozlyn♥ OutsideLookinIn's Avatar

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #4 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by cape;2664253;
    Bettina's family may have had valid concerns...but they sure didn't have the class to express them appropriately....
    You're right maybe they didn't know how to espress them appropriately especially both coming from a different background.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;2664253;
    Bettina's family may have had valid concerns...but they sure didn't have the class to express them appropriately....

Like Jenni's Grandmother expressed her concerns?

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345;2664266;
    For me it's not that they question Brad , it's the way they did it....It was rude, crude and not classy sorry to the Bettina fan jmho........
    I totally get why Bettina felt "turned off" by Brad's attitude towards her judging parents. It's like you're the guy who visits the girl's family so of course as the girl you wanted the guy to respect your family also. I know her family might have handled the situation differently also and she DID say she felt bad that Brad felt that way because she has no doubts herself about him but if you acted so defensive all the time talking about her family what's the girl has to do or think about you. Her family is her family no matter what. It may not be a perfect family but it's HER family so she would be hurt also if she felt that they we're being attacked for being judgemental. Brad could have shown more confidence in that situation than being so defensive IMO and maybe try to prove them wrong or change their opinion about you. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;2664268;
    Like Jenni's Grandmother expressed her concerns?
    I thought her grandma was very abrasive as well...but we weren't talking about her...

NOW - my grandma was like that when she got old too...old people seem to not really give a rat's behind what people think about them...and her parents were very warm and welcoming to him - and even seemed to make apologies for her...I spent a lot of time making apologies for the rude things my grandma said to people the older she got...

she was a very delightful woman - but if something came into her head - she said it...I wasn't immune from the comments either...there came a point where I just had to shrug it off...

I would much rather deal wtih a crazy grandma than a judgemental father in law....

Just so you all dont think I totally hate Bettina....

I did think she looked STUNNING tonight - her dress was so pretty and she looked great!!!! That was a great color for her...she should wear colors more often and not the neutral tones she did on the show...

It does sound like she has moved on and I am sure seeing it all took her back to that moment...and all of the anger rose up again...I am willing to bet this experience has solidified for her that she is ready to move on and clarified the qualities she is looking for...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;2664265;
    I'm with you. From Brad's comment at the end I don't think he chose either of the ladies and probably why their taping the AFRC instead of it being live. As for Bettina no matter what she say it's like d* if she do and d* if she don't, every little thing she say it's something wrong with it.
    I totally understand that what Bettina said was a joke. And, it was even kind of funny. But, she can't act or say that she is hurt when Hillary calls her a used car and then turn around and be just as catty about somebody else. Smacks of being disingenuous.

Bettina fans, please dont take this the wrong way, Im not trying to pick a fight, I also haven't seen tonight's episode as I need to wait for ABC to post it online so these comments are more in general and based off what I have been reading on the boards tonight and other nights.

My question is why does the bachelor (Brad/Andy, thats when I found the board) always get attacked as being mean and the girls almost always assumed to angels. If a girl on the show appears mean its almost always blamed on the editing but if the bachelor says something there is an automatic assumption that he is mean, acting like a playboy, or toying with others emotions. Honestly, Im sure some of the girls who go far in this show are not always nice people, just based on the odds as Im sure there are some bachelors I wouldnt want to get to know in real life, based on the odds as well. I think its great that this board assumes the best in the girls, but I think sometimes the defending goes a bit overboard. Why is it wrong to say I think XXX as a bachelor character isnt a nice person, placing no judgement either way on how they are as a person outside of the show?
    Last edited by Irish Girl; 11-13-2007 at 02:59 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Girl;2664305;
    Bettina fans, please dont take this the wrong way, Im not trying to pick a fight, I also haven't seen tonight's episode as I need to wait for ABC to post it online so these comments are more in general and based off what I have been reading on the boards tonight and other nights.

My question is why does the bachelor (Brad/Andy, thats when I found the board) always get attacked as being mean and the girls almost always assumed to angels. If a girl on the show appears mean its almost always blamed on the editing but if the bachelor says something there is an automatic assumption that he is mean, acting like a playboy, or toying with others emotions. Honestly, Im sure some of the girls who go far in this show are not always nice people, just based on the odds as Im sure there are some bachelors I wouldnt want to get to know in real life, based on the odds as well. I think its great that this board assumes the best in the girls, but I think sometimes the defending goes a bit overboard. Why is it wrong to say I think XXX as a bachelor character isnt a nice person, placing no judgement either way on how they are as a person outside of the show?

They cut out Brad's tirade at Bettina from the WTA broadcast. The clip that was in the sneak peak showed him as angry. Bettina must be mighty ticked that they showed all the nasty home visit stuff again. That is her Dad.
    They really disassembled her.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2664325;
    They cut out Brad's tirade at Bettina from the WTA broadcast. The clip that was in the sneak peak showed him as angry. Bettina must be mighty ticked that they showed all the nasty home visit stuff again. That is her Dad.
    They really disassembled her.
    You're right about that. What we saw was sure the nice and short edited version .

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345;2664266;
    For me it's not that they question Brad , it's the way they did it....It was rude, crude and not classy sorry to the Bettina fan jmho........
    Okay let's see...the question her dad asked. Where did he go to school, his hours at the bar, the mother and stepmother asked about stringing women along and could he tell them how he felt about Bettina and said don't crew with people hearts. If there are some more I missed, someone include them. Didn't pick up the rudeness in those question. They were asked in a decent tone and not snappy. It became a problem for Brad, he does not like to be questioned espeically by a woman. The only comment that her father made that wasn't that great was in his PI, when he laughed and said he was disappointed. I didn't hear well I don't think you are good enough for my daughter. He gave his daughter somethings to think about. I', 49 and as long as I'm on this earth I will give my daughter the right advice, sure they are to make their own way, but as parents we are still responsible to try and guide them the right way. JMO

Closed Thread