Closed Thread
Page 15 of 649 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: Bettina - Season 11

Re: Bettina - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde;2638761;
    Interestingly, Daddy thought very highly of Bettina's first husband (was he a Ph.D?) because he made a comment about how noone can come even close to this guy. If so, why did daughter end up in a divorce?

Maybe Bettina got Daddy to approve her participation in the show by showing him the previous bachelor, "DR." Andy Baldwin. When Daddy found out that that was not the case here, he was just trying to sabotage Bettina's chances! Thoughts?
    Ex husband -- per easy internet research -- was star first baseman for UCLA 1993-98 after walking onto the team, played 2 years minor league prof baseball (in Ohio and Missouri), and now teaches history and coaches baseball at an LA County high school.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by appiah01;2640691;
    That being said I don't see him choosing her [Bettina] in the end. Yes, her family is definitely not his kind of people and that will weigh heavy on him, it seems unlikely that she would be an easy fit in his family either. They seem to have a lot of differences and if he is genuine in looking for a wife, my guess is those differences will outweigh his attraction. I think in the end he will pick DeAnna because of his attraction to her on multiple levels- physical and emotional, his family's approval of her and hers of him, common upbringing and future goals, etc.
    I agree about Bettina; maybe Brad needs a few more clarifications about Bettina's family ties, but she is gone next round. DeAnna is a safe choice, but I think Brad is smitten with Jenni - she will be the last one standing. About Jenni's grandma - Brad seems to get along with her pretty well and take her comments with a degree of humor.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;2642102;
    Ex husband -- per easy internet research -- was star first baseman for UCLA 1993-98 after walking onto the team, played 2 years minor league prof baseball (in Ohio and Missouri), and now teaches history and coaches baseball at an LA County high school.
    Cool. Thanks jlccaz for the research. Wonder why Daddy was so impressed with the ex, because most professors don't consider athletes to be the sharpest tool in the shed, and because this guy did not make it to the majors, he is probably not rich.

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde;2642861;
    Cool. Thanks jlccaz for the research. Wonder why Daddy was so impressed with the ex, because most professors don't consider athletes to be the sharpest tool in the shed, and because this guy did not make it to the majors, he is probably not rich.
    Bettina's ex-husband is a school teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;2643402;
    right. that's what my post #141 said, plus more.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde;2642861;
    Well, he's an athlete and a history teacher. Maybe he's smart, athletic, and committed to a career serving society. If that's true -- and it could be or could not be, of course -- I can see why a father might say exactly what he said: She'll never find anybody who's actually better than that man. ... Plus, he knew the guy, so maybe he's a nice athlete, history lover, and public servant.

Knowing this, I think it's pretty refreshing that Bettina's father isn't just all committed to some guy with a PhD just like him or a professional athlete or rich guy or whatever. Maybe her father isn't the jerk he sort of seems to be but somebody who thinks his daughter missed the good qualities in her husband and is now out to be a golddigger or fame whore or pretty-boy seeker something. It's possible.

I don't think it made a lot of sense deciding on the spur of the moment that Brad was no good (don't know that he did this, actually come to think of it -- he just voiced skepticism, really, as I recall), but if the father's still stung by the idea that his daughter dropped her husband for bad reasons -- i.e., a history teacher wasn't good enough for her or something -- then I guess I can understand his reaction. And I can definitely understand skepticism about the people who go on The Bachelor. Brad seems like a nice guy to me, but the program has certainly been able to call forth a lot of shallow fame whores as participants over time, so you really do have to wonder.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;2643764;
    Well, he's an athlete and a history teacher. Maybe he's smart, athletic, and committed to a career serving society. If that's true -- and it could be or could not be, of course -- I can see why a father might say exactly what he said: She'll never find anybody who's actually better than that man. ... Plus, he knew the guy, so maybe he's a nice athlete, history lover, and public servant.

Knowing this, I think it's pretty refreshing that Bettina's father isn't just all committed to some guy with a PhD just like him or a professional athlete or rich guy or whatever. Maybe her father isn't the jerk he sort of seems to be but somebody who thinks his daughter missed the good qualities in her husband and is now out to be a golddigger or fame whore or pretty-boy seeker something. It's possible.

I don't think it made a lot of sense deciding on the spur of the moment that Brad was no good (don't know that he did this, actually come to think of it -- he just voiced skepticism, really, as I recall), but if the father's still stung by the idea that his daughter dropped her husband for bad reasons -- i.e., a history teacher wasn't good enough for her or something -- then I guess I can understand his reaction. And I can definitely understand skepticism about the people who go on The Bachelor. Brad seems like a nice guy to me, but the program has certainly been able to call forth a lot of shallow fame whores as participants over time, so you really do have to wonder.

Very well put.

joa

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;2643402;
    This and jlccaz's info (which I am too lazy to go back and quote) have me wondering. I thought, just from watching the editing of this crap since Aaron's season (it's like a car accident...you have to look...), that Bettina's HT date may have been edited that way (so bad it was painful) to throw us off.

Before you all dug this up, I assumed, probably like a lot of people, that her dad liked the ex because he was well educated, based on his comments about the importance of education. Now it turns out the ex has a decent education (enough to teach HS) but is/was more of a jock than anything else, and certainly not a PhD.

What gives? I'm not ready to concede that Bettina is going home this coming week...for one thing, DeAnna has been given a poor edit for the eventual F1. And Jenni -- it just seems like giggling and dance is all she has (again, not perhaps in real life, but per the edit).

Very good points to ponder, joa. I realize Fleiss has to throw a certain amount of skepticism in there with each girl to throw us off. I think at this point, it makes the most sense that Bettina is f1. She hasn't been nasty, and she doesn't seem to have any other goals right now that would interfere with her and Brad's reolationship.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fanatic

But daddy hasn't been a professor for 30 years. He's an architect. It is annoying me to no end that the editing gives the impression that he is currently a professor. He doesn't have a Ph.D, either..."only" a Master's degree (I put only in quotes because that is still an accomplishment).

Closed Thread