Closed Thread
Page 13 of 649 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bettina - Season 11

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bettina - Season 11

It makes sense that divorce would be a huge issue on this show. In real life people have time to be cautious and develop a solid relationship realistically and to take extra time to avoid pitfalls made in one's first marriage. This is not the case on the show where there is extremely limited amount of time in general and even less time that each of the women get to spend one on one with the Bachelor getting to know whether there is compatibility. Truth is I would guess that divorce would make someone gun shy or at least much more contemplative and cautious in real life when dating, never mind on the show. Honestly I can't imagine why someone who had been divorced would even choose to look for love on the Bachelor.

Bettina's statements about marriage, maturity and about how it is impossible to really have strong feelings in such a short amount of time in both her PIs and to the women are completely in opposition to her other statements about being in love with Brad. Honestly all does not seem right with her and I question what her intentions were in coming on the show. I'd be had pressed to believe she has had a complete change of heart and is ready to get remarried and relocate to Texas after 6 1/2 weeks of fairytale type dating on a tv show.

I dont see Bettina's comments in opposition at all. Her statement about not having strong feelings in so short a time might have been directed at other women. She knows what SHE feels in her heart. This doesn't mean she was saying she herself could never have developed feelings in this short of time. I do believe her...when she says she is in love with Brad. I feel she's older, way more mature, not giddy/silly, and is a woman who knows what she wants. I think she DID fall in love in this short of time..and she meant that it usually doesn't happen, and it probably doesn't...but it did for her. She never said it didnt happen to HER, personally.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by appiah01;2632121;
    It makes sense that divorce would be a huge issue on this show. In real life people have time to be cautious and develop a solid relationship realistically and to take extra time to avoid pitfalls made in one's first marriage. This is not the case on the show where there is extremely limited amount of time in general and even less time that each of the women get to spend one on one with the Bachelor getting to know whether there is compatibility. Truth is I would guess that divorce would make someone gun shy or at least much more contemplative and cautious in real life when dating, never mind on the show. Honestly I can't imagine why someone who had been divorced would even choose to look for love on the Bachelor.

Bettina's statements about marriage, maturity and about how it is impossible to really have strong feelings in such a short amount of time in both her PIs and to the women are completely in opposition to her other statements about being in love with Brad. Honestly all does not seem right with her and I question what her intentions were in coming on the show. I'd be had pressed to believe she has had a complete change of heart and is ready to get remarried and relocate to Texas after 6 1/2 weeks of fairytale type dating on a tv show.

Fleiss has got many focused on her PI statements. Remember most of her statements during PI are from closer to end of the show and edited to tell a story. Unless we see them isay something on camera with the same dress and location as the date or RC we have to discount a lot of what we hear as being said at that moment and not get sucked into Fleiss's editing games. By editing PI earlier into the show he has raised doubts in the minds of the audiences and that may have been exactly what he set out to do. This is true for Brad and all the women.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2632701;
    I dont see Bettina's comments in opposition at all. Her statement about not having strong feelings in so short a time might have been directed at other women. She knows what SHE feels in her heart. This doesn't mean she was saying she herself could never have developed feelings in this short of time. I do believe her...when she says she is in love with Brad. I feel she's older, way more mature, not giddy/silly, and is a woman who knows what she wants. I think she DID fall in love in this short of time..and she meant that it usually doesn't happen, and it probably doesn't...but it did for her. She never said it didnt happen to HER, personally.
    Even if we buy into the PI taken from a later show and edited into an earlier epi. with Bettina saying she was in love with Brad. She well may have, it may even have been LAFS with her. But she is also cautious and taking her time to see if it's mutual.

What stood out to me was when she said it's also about him finding someone he can have a relationship with. While she may be clear about her feelings she is allowing herself time to see if there is reciprocity of her feelings from him and that's a mature way to look at things. She states clearly she knows what she wants and is not willing to settle for anything less than "amazing" and being totally in love with the one she has a family and marries.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2630688;
    I agree with you and it's not at all meant to be harsh. Brad's family life was destroyed by divorce, it's not something he believes in. You cannot reconcile this in a speed dating show, real life dating yes, but these issues are too big for a show with this format.
    I am thinking he is trying to get to know her despite that she was divorced. That really shouldn't matter, especially since there were no kids so her ex-husband wouldn't "complicate" their relationship in any way. However I see no connection there at all & with her petty jealousy I am hoping she is eliminated. She's a very pretty woman with a lousy fashion sense and seems to say one thing then contradict herself. She also appears to be materialistic (the "boring" date).

FORT Regular

Goodness, we're back to the divorce issue again?

Ok, Bettina's comments re falling in love with Brad and then not wanting to get married...the way I see this, she's falling for Brad/is in love with Brad. BUT she's not ready to get married to him.

In a marriage, love is not enough. Some couples break up not because they're not in love, it's just that they know that it won't work out between them...that it would take so much more than being "in love" to get married...living together and making a family.

So that is why I understand how Bettina can be "in love" but not yet ready to get married. She has been burned before...so she's being careful.

And who's to say what Brad can or cannot accept in a woman. Only he can answer that. His parents divorce have affected him, but he can overcome his "fear" of being involved with a divorced woman. And who's to say what a man's love for a woman can or cannot overcome?
    Last edited by crazy sushi; 10-28-2007 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy sushi;2634060;
    Goodness, we're back to the divorce issue again?

Ok, Bettina's comments re falling in love with Brad and then not wanting to get married...the way I see this, she's falling for Brad/is in love with Brad. BUT she's not ready to get married to him.

In a marriage, love is not enough. Some couples break up not because they're not in love, it's just that they know that it won't work out between them...that it would take so much more than being "in love" to get married...living together and making a family.

So that is why I understand how Bettina can be "in love" but not yet ready to get married. She has been burned before...so she's being careful.

And who's to say what Brad can or cannot accept in a woman. Only he can answer that. His parents divorce have affected him, but he can overcome his "fear" of being involved with a divorced woman. And who's to say what a man's love for a woman can or cannot overcome?

Agreed with all your statments. Who is to say when love hits & why. Bettina is haveing confictions within herself. Her head & her heart are at war with each other. we were told last show by her how she was raised. She wants to let go of that to pursue something that has caught her off guard. She has a right to do that if she can.
    Brad said himself some may not be happy with his choice. the way it's looking right now amny won't if it's Bettina. What made him make that comment?? WEll if he saw all last 10 episodes then we know why because if it doesn't fit the norm of the bach show then we get all this other debate.

What's up with her parents?! What snobs! Her Dad can take his degree and put it where the sun don't shine because all that "education" and he's an idiot. I would Tell Daddy Bettina that he may look good "on paper" but in person he's VERY ugly both inside and out!

Quote Originally Posted by SindyLew;2638114;
    I would Tell Daddy Bettina that he may look good "on paper" but in person he's VERY ugly both inside and out!
    Bettina's dad does have weird hair Bettina, poor dear she was scared to tears when talking to him outside in the backyard! I think he's one of those extremely over-protective dad...
    Like the fatal blossom of the great gimson weed, I entice with my fragrance but can provide no succor. Blanche (The Golden Girls)

FORT Fan

Interestingly, Daddy thought very highly of Bettina's first husband (was he a Ph.D?) because he made a comment about how noone can come even close to this guy. If so, why did daughter end up in a divorce?

Maybe Bettina got Daddy to approve her participation in the show by showing him the previous bachelor, "DR." Andy Baldwin. When Daddy found out that that was not the case here, he was just trying to sabotage Bettina's chances! Thoughts?

Closed Thread