+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Casting for Bachelor 12??

Re: Casting for Bachelor 12??

Quote Originally Posted by gonnerwife;2553114;
    i think a bachelorette needs to be f2 or someone that was around awhile from another bachelor to peak the guys' interest. i can see guys being more willing to take the risk if they have an idea of who the bachelorette is. i apologize if that didn't make sense../does anyone understand what i'm getting at?
    Actually you make perfect sense. I agree that for the guys to go on there it has to be someone that they are familiar with and would submit applications for. The problem is that most of the bachelor's viewers are women. This makes casting off of viewer interest difficult when they do the bachelorette and easy when doing the bachelor. That may be another reason why they won't do a bachelorette any time soon.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow;2551187;
    If they don't do a rerun, I think that Fleiss would still have to cast someone who is marginally known...and definitely advertise their choice ala Andy so they don't attract tools who have nothing in common with the woman
    I completely agree with you. The only guys that I know of that watch the Bachelor are the boyfriends/husbands of women that watch the show.

I know Bevorules made this point also; but because the demographic of viewers of this show is women, any bachelorette has to be at least kind of well known for guys to even think about being on a show like this. Whether through a previous show or her being famous on her own. I suppose they could preview her, similar to Andy, during football or something; but I still think it would take a lot more to get a decent group of 25 guys than it is to get 25 girls.

I remember with she-who-must-not-be-named, they said that after guys heard that she and Andrew Firestone broke up they had a lot of requests for her, from guys. So, I really think that unless Fleiss & co get requests for a specific girl, there won't be another bachelorette season.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnerwife;2553114;
    i think a bachelorette needs to be f2 or someone that was around awhile from another bachelor to peak the guys' interest. i can see guys being more willing to take the risk if they have an idea of who the bachelorette is. i apologize if that didn't make sense../does anyone understand what i'm getting at?
    I agree with you. I think if the next Bachelorette were someone who had been f2, it would have much greater response from men wanting to be on the show than a woman they know absolutely nothing about. The women who made f2 had probably just as many fans as the f1, so I do think it would be better to have a bachelorette be one who was already on the show.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I think you would get more interest with a new completely unknown woman. Promote her like they did Andy and you would get better interest than for a re-run. I just think the baggage on a re-run is too debilitating and Fleiss always has to play up the same old handle they used in the first edit. They play them as wounded birds looking for a mate, rather than a strong successful woman (looking for a boy toy??? ) looking for love.

None of the men have been famous except Andrew with his pedigree, Jesse, the 3rd string qback, and Prince Lo. The rest were "regular" guys (Well Blob wasn't quite regular ) Why would you want a woman with a bachelorette, looking-for-a-moment-of-fame, background?
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Couch surfers need not apply

Scrolling through the Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce’s newsletter page on their website, we came across this little nugget:

“The Casting Producer for the ABC Show ‘The Bachelor’ recently wrote the Chamber asking to forward the information on that they are on the search again to find their perfect guy. If you know of anyone in your area who might be perfect (in their late 20s-late 30s, dynamic, successful in any career, single, of course!), give them a call.”
    With the number provided we called casting producer Bethany Pawlisch, who provided some insight on the matter.

“We hand-pick the bachelor, to be honest,” she said, noting that they contact CEOs, law firms and other businesses across the country to find a successful single; however, she noted, “If they guy is the best catch then it doesn’t matter what he does for a living.”
    Pawlisch said they don’t do a casting call for the bachelors, only for the bachelor-ettes because once they find the perfect man, they need to find many women who would actually match, as the shows end goal is to marry a couple together.

The 11th season of “The Bachelor” will premiere on Sept. 24. Blue-eyed Brad Womack, 34, an oil field ruff-neck turned Austin, Texas, bar owner is the object of affection this season. Producers are now seeking a bachelor for season 12. After they find him they will have a large casting call for women across the country. If you think you’re the man, or maybe your friend is, give Bethany a call at xxxxxxx.
    — Sam Petri

Planet News Article, Jackson Hole Wy | Media Watch August 29, 2007 | 8/29/2007
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

There's a little blurb in the NY Post--Page Six about casting for Bachelor 12.

Quote Originally Posted by ammango;2559424;
    There's a little blurb in the NY Post--Page Six about casting for Bachelor 12.
    Found it ~ Thank you ammango!

ATTENTION: CALLING ALL LOSERS

Paula Froelich

September 5, 2007 -- WHEN will the madness end? After 11 seasons of its lame show, "The Bachelor," ABC is looking for more men to fill the lonely loser spot. This time they're reaching out to college alumni associations at the University of Pennsylvania. One Penn alumnus received an e-mail that read, "I'm a casting producer for ABC's hit show 'The Bachelor,' and we're looking for our next amazing guy! When we look for our potential candidates, we keep certain traits in mind - academic background and career success are two major ones. The age group we're targeting is in the 27- to 36-year-old range." Great.

ATTENTION: CALLING ALL LOSERS | | Gossip | Celebrity Gossip | Photos
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

I was watching (as in with the sound on mute) something innane on ABC last night (looking for new caps), and there was a commercial with a guy who does motorcross, or somenting to do with mototcycles. He is a professional. Blond short hair, tall, interesting face - not classically handsome.
    Anyone know who he is? I didn't catch the name.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Re: Media for Bachelor 11 **Possible Spoilers**

Doesn't apply to this season, but Dreamer posted this tonight on Joker's. Interesting......

"An alert reader sent us along his very own invitation to be on The Bachelor. '"Apparently they are randomly spamming New York lawyers," says our spy, who works at a top-ten firm. Casting directors are looking for someone "who is successful, good-looking, has an out-going personality, is ready to settle down, is around 6 ft tall and, usually, is between 27 to 36 years of age." Guess you're ***** outta luck, shorties! "We've never had an attorney be 'The Bachelor' so we are definitely looking to go that route," the e-mail admits. The producers seem to know a little bit about the law profession — specifically, that good catches are harder to find than you'd think. So they're casting their net wide and offering $5,000 reward to anyone who finds an attorney who could make the show. But though they know a bit about lawyers, it's clearly not enough. Here's the last line of the e-mail: "Please DO NOT forward to the press. We try to make this part of the process as private as possible." Silly casting agents! Don't you know that 50 percent of all law firms' billable hours are spent forwarding private e-mails?"

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: Media for Bachelor 11 **Possible Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;2582756;
    Doesn't apply to this season, but Dreamer posted this tonight on Joker's. Interesting......

"An alert reader sent us along his very own invitation to be on The Bachelor. '"Apparently they are randomly spamming New York lawyers," says our spy, who works at a top-ten firm. Casting directors are looking for someone "who is successful, good-looking, has an out-going personality, is ready to settle down, is around 6 ft tall and, usually, is between 27 to 36 years of age." Guess you're ***** outta luck, shorties! "We've never had an attorney be 'The Bachelor' so we are definitely looking to go that route," the e-mail admits. The producers seem to know a little bit about the law profession — specifically, that good catches are harder to find than you'd think. So they're casting their net wide and offering $5,000 reward to anyone who finds an attorney who could make the show. But though they know a bit about lawyers, it's clearly not enough. Here's the last line of the e-mail: "Please DO NOT forward to the press. We try to make this part of the process as private as possible." Silly casting agents! Don't you know that 50 percent of all law firms' billable hours are spent forwarding private e-mails?"
    They really don't know lawyers, especially NYC lawyers. I have a family member who is at a top 10 firm in Manhattan and he works over 80 hours a week, insane amounts of hours. Good luck ABC going this route.
    Last edited by talldede; 09-23-2007 at 12:17 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast