+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad Womack-Bachelor 11

FORT Fanatic

Re: Brad Womack-Bachelor 11

[mod edit]
    And here's an opinion on the con side. I don't find Brad attractive at all. The facial hair and dorky mustache gotta go! Nice eyes though.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 08-14-2007 at 06:18 PM.

FORT Fogey

I think 34 is a perfect age to want to settle down.

The bar I worked in had a much higher men to women ratio so I can see how there might be similar ratios for Brad's bars. And, what's hilarious, is that the majority of the female clientele were more interested in me, if you catch my drift...LOL

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I hope this guy is entertaining too, after the last couple of snoozers we've seen. (My favorite season is Charlie's, so that should tell you a lot about what I look for on this show. ) But if this guy is tired of the drunk girls at the bars he owns hitting on him, he's on the wrong show. Typically, aside from the odd 30+ year olds, made out to be desperate baby-wanting old maids, it's usually a gaggle of 20 something blonde chicks named Sara(h) who are perpetually wasted.

Actually I was thinking that I wonder if any of the bachlorettes are bartenders. Didn't his twin marry a bartender and if my memory is right didn't someone say that he used to date a bartender. I can see that happening.
    They work similar hours and who better to understand what you are going through. I know once I worked as a hostess as an extra job many moons ago. It was a higher class but casual restaurant. We were open till 4 AM.
    Once the bars all closed which was like one or two AM depending on which day it was, we would get all the people working from the bars around us.
    It was sort of their time to unwind with other people looking after them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;2525911;
    Looking forward to this season! I'm no sleuth (I leave that to the professionals here!), but I am a good judge of body language and verbal expression, and I love trying to suss out who is attracted to whom.
    I read lips, facial expressions and body language. I am hearing impaired (not 100% deaf) so I've had to read body language and facial expressions my whole life, not to mention reading lips. I've picked the F1, fairly early on, since back when Helene was the F1. I had Ryan pegged for Trista on the Episode that he read her the poetry that he wrote. I don't guarantee it will work out, how can anyone, but I've certainly read the silent language that the contestants express. Fleiss can edit all he wants but he has nothing on me...LOL

I may not be able to sleuth but, perhaps, you and I can contribute in other areas this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2527058;
    I read lips, facial expressions and body language. I am hearing impaired (not 100% deaf) so I've had to read body language and facial expressions my whole life, not to mention reading lips. I've picked the F1, fairly early on, since back when Helene was the F1. I had Ryan pegged for Trista on the Episode that he read her the poetry that he wrote. I don't guarantee it will work out, how can anyone, but I've certainly read the silent language that the contestants express. Fleiss can edit all he wants but he has nothing on me...LOL

I may not be able to sleuth but, perhaps, you and I can contribute in other areas this season?
    Lynn7, to me what you do is sleuthing...just as much as others who may have expertise in doping out camera angles or editing tricks. So I'll be looking forward to your input this coming season.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Lynn -

last season was the first time I have ever sleuthed - and I had already picked Tessa as the F1 when I started sleuthing -

I have only been wrong with Meredith/Ian and Lorenzo/Jen - I really thought Ian was the one until Meredith told Matthew she would love a ring from him - and I ignored the Jen clues with Lorenzo - b/c honestly I just didn't like her at all - like everyone says - you just can't get emotionally involved if you are really sleuthing!!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2527058;

Yes, Lynn7, you will be able to contribute. I follow the body language as well, but don't do so well with all the camera angle analysis either.

We all contribute and its the best kind of FUN! I can't wait!

Meh. I always hate the pre-show photos they put up of the bachelor. Somehow they just look fake to me. Hopefully he'll come across better on the screen. He's cute, but looks a little too Dukes of Hazzard for me. And do I believe he's in this to find true love? Of course not! Is it possible he might inadvertantly stumble across a woman who he actually likes, and might consider being with after the show? Sure, why not. I never go into these shows believing the hype, since every bio of the Bachelor talks about how he has "something missing" and wants to "find a soulmate" Yeah, sure he does

However, if he can string some words together without sounding like he is reading from the teleprompter, and if he can at least seem to have a good time without sticking his tongue down every available throat (I'm looking at you, BOB!) and if he can seem somewhat sincere when he kicks the unlucky girls to the curb, and if he can refrain from getting a huge head or indulging his elementary school acting ambitions (I'm looking at you, Mr. single-tear-rolls-down-his-face Prince Whatever Your Name Was!) THEN it might be ok to watch. I never expect the fairy tale, so if it does happen by luck or fluke or whatever then I'm sold.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;2527316;
    Lynn -

last season was the first time I have ever sleuthed - and I had already picked Tessa as the F1 when I started sleuthing -

I have only been wrong with Meredith/Ian and Lorenzo/Jen - I really thought Ian was the one until Meredith told Matthew she would love a ring from him - and I ignored the Jen clues with Lorenzo - b/c honestly I just didn't like her at all - like everyone says - you just can't get emotionally involved if you are really sleuthing!!
    I was the same way. I didn't really "sleuth" either until last season. I have only been wrong once with Alex because we didn't have a pattern of Fleiss editing before it to figure out by the edit. I wanted Merideth to pick Matthew but I knew it was Ian and even though I was rooting for Jesse to pick Tara and make it work with all of my heart, I knew it was Jessica and that it wouldn't last. My experience is that "sleuthing" and going by body language and editing, are equally effective or ineffective based on how they are interpreted. You almost have to take a step back from rooting for one or the other so that biases don't sway your judgement when looking at sleuth or edit/body language clues. A lot of really good sleuthers and body language/editing experts were either wrong with Andy or Lorenzo seasons because of rooting bias for Sadie or Bevin. I think the Merideth/Ian season is another good example of that and also of bachelor/bachelorette saying something that was regretted later (the "I want you to give me the ring" from that season or "I love you" to both women from last season.) I can't help rooting every season even though I say I am not going to, but I always take a step back when viewing the last preview and the last set of preview caps or "spoiler pics" as I like to call them. ABC tends to use buzz words that give it away after that last preview (it is usually at the end of Women Tell All which they didn't do last season so it was at end of fantasy suite episode) if they give you "good vs evil" question then good will be f1, if they give "take a chance/risk vs settle for" who settles for anything? That is how I knew it was Ian over Matthew as they were building Matt as the "settle for" guy and Ian as the risk. Jen was good vs Kirsten as "evil." Sleuthing had Jen/Lo season picked when they were still "in the house" with multiple women involved because she had distinctive hands and the ring pictures gave her away. How many people ignored that because they liked Sadie better. Sorry for the long post. I agree with you and your take and I wanted to elaborate so that the new posters here for Brad Womack season will know how to view "sleuth" clues or break down editing and body language clues.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

+ Reply to Thread