+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad Womack-Bachelor 11

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Re: Brad Womack-Bachelor 11

He looks like Colby Donaldson from Survivor. He's good looking, but I do hope he's not a snoozefest.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2514609;
    He is good looking, but almost too pretty. I don't like stubble - preferring the clean shaven look. Stubble on a non-actor just looks pretentious and too "in" for my taste. He actually looks a lot like my first fiance when I was 21 and fell for his pretty face and fortunately found out before we married that he was a compulsive gambler (so I am bit turned off by this guy). BUT, I'll reserve judgement until the show starts and I can see his personality and intelligence. Given that he is a self-made man from nothing, he has to be pretty smart, charming, and driven.
    I hear ya! I did the pretty boy, married him, in fact, and he turned out to be someone who preferred a husband instead of a wife...LOL I'm getting over it.

I actually like facial hair, like Brad has, but just not on Brad. It does remind me of the gay ex...still, I find him to exude a ridiculous amount of sexuality. Got to love Scorpios!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by armywife;2514633;
    Agree ANAME. Anyhow.. This guy, just gives me doubts. He surely can find a bevy of women in one of his bars-and I would find it hard to believe that none of them would suffice for him and having taken on being the bachelor would cure his singleness (sorry for my made up words)...
    Okay, I've got to call you on this one. I worked in a bar for about four years while I was going to school...when I was younger. Rule number #1 when you work in a bar is to NEVER get hooked up with someone who frequents your establishment...a customer. Just because he owns bars doesn't mean that he doesn't have high standards for what he is looking for in a woman (ie: "I would find it hard to believe that none of them would suffice"). It's honestly no different than avoiding office romances.

I really hope we aren't stereotyping him. Owning bars doesn't mean you are loose, easy, etc. It means he is an excellent hospitality entrepreneur. He is successful and will need a very self assured and secure woman in his life who can understand what the hospitality industry is all about...entertainment. Period.

Welcome to the board, Lynn7! From reading about Brad, it appears that this very well may be the case for him. Thank you for your perspective.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Welcome Lynn7 We are glad your here. It's going to be a great season.
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Pansygirl;2525453;
    Welcome Lynn7 We are glad your here. It's going to be a great season.
    I don't think I've ever been so excited about a season before. It probably has to do with the fact that Brad seems like someone a girl could date (ie: he's not a Prince, isn't inheriting a tire fortune...etc).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2525441;
    Welcome to the board, Lynn7! From reading about Brad, it appears that this very well may be the case for him. Thank you for your perspective.
    Hey, thanks for the welcome. I think I've read a great deal about Brad too and I can't imagine him being interested in some girl who goes to the bars all the time. He's, what, 34? Maybe a 20ish guy would but not Brad.

I could see him with an outgoing woman who would bring him out of his shy shell, beautiful, of course, who may actually work in the industry somehow. A woman who is confident enough in herself that she doesn't get jealous easily (ie: female customers will get drunk and flirt). A woman who could help in the businesses somehow (ie: a bartender herself, or a businesswoman, a business strategist, a planner?).

I wish they would put the pictures of the women up!

Looking forward to this season! I'm no sleuth (I leave that to the professionals here!), but I am a good judge of body language and verbal expression, and I love trying to suss out who is attracted to whom. Anyway, that aside, I have to say that it really doesn't matter to me whether Brad went on the show for the "right reasons", whatever those are.

What I look for in a bachelor is hotness (check!) an interesting background (check!) and a good personality (or failing that, personality quirks I can mock). I hope Brad finds whatever he might be looking for from this show -- but more importantly, I hope he's entertaining!
    Last edited by Marleybone; 08-14-2007 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;2525911;
    Looking forward to this season! I'm no sleuth (I leave that to the professionals here!), but I am a good judge of body language and verbal expression, and I love trying to suss out who is attracted to whom. Anyway, that aside, I have to say that it really doesn't matter to me whether Brad went on the show for the "right reasons", whatever those are.

What I look for in a bachelor is hotness (check!) an interesting background (check!) and a good personality (or failing that, personality quirks I can mock). I hope Brad finds whatever he might be looking for from this show -- but more importantly, I hope he's entertaining!

Yep! My feelings exactly sushifan.

FORT Fogey

What's really amazing is just how many people (not on this board) believe that the person they are shown on the show is who they really are. Editing the contestant's true personalities are all about ratings.

I was going to say "bar girls"...LOL How on earth people could think that these types of women/men are attractive is beyond me. I guess if you've never worked in the industry you stereotype or, somehow believe that if it's good enough for your customers it should be good enough for you. I can honestly say that 99% of the people I worked with were true professionals and very protective of each other...it was like a family.

I dressed the part, did my job, made tons of cash and got out. I actually hit a "regular" (read: really drunk) customer once for misbehaving...look but don't touch...
    Last edited by Marleybone; 08-14-2007 at 06:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread