+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Brad Womack-Bachelor 11

FORT Newbie

Re: Brad Womack-Bachelor 11

New to posting, but have been reading all the post from all the bachelor shows except the first season.
    If Brad knew that he didn't have feelings and didn't want to pick someone, why didn't he and ABC just pull this season off the air before it began. I would have certainly been better than seeing two beautiful ladies get humilated on national TV....

How could you "love" someone when the whole (limited) time you were trying to get to know him he was seeing someone else? How could that be love? I say good for Brad. I wasn't a faithful watcher but saw probably the last few episodes. It was quickly apparent that he didn't have strong feelings for any of the girls. He was just "going along to get along".

This again (for the 11th time) shows that this is not the way to meet someone. Good premise, but hasn't the other 9 (I don't include Trista & Ryan) spoke volumes on how this charade works.

I too agree with the poster above that says, seriously girls (I won't call them women).... you all seem to be somewhat intelligent. Find a man on your own and don't compete with 20 other women.

Last but not least, he was not a very attractive nor articulate bachelor either. Rather a bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ARKRealitytvfan;2683089;
    New to posting, but have been reading all the post from all the bachelor shows except the first season.
    If Brad knew that he didn't have feelings and didn't want to pick someone, why didn't he and ABC just pull this season off the air before it began. I would have certainly been better than seeing two beautiful ladies get humilated on national TV....
    It's called Advertising and lots of $$$$$$$. Also I'm sure Brad signed a contract. I think because he also signed a contract he had to go through with the lame ring segment. Chopard probably paid bukoo bucks to get that placement.

FORT Fanatic

My take on this whole season was that the women were edited so that everything seemed spontaneous. With Brad it always felt like he was reciting a script and there was no emotion or emphasis behind what he was saying. I could be totally off base but that was my interpretation. He seemed rather cold to me.

Brad as a Bacherlor? For me one word sums that (and this whole season) up - disaster.

My views on Brad after seeing the ATFR.

I am glad DeAnna got to see Brad last night. I hope she can play the tape over a few times and realize, this is way beyond her control of Brad being able to love right now.

I am happy Chris said maybe it is not you it is Brad. I am sure DeAnna is questioning her abilities to read men correctly. From what I saw last night, Brad did not send her the message that he has no feelings for her and it is over for him.

I do not even know if Brad realized all the mixed messages he set DeAnna during the ATFR. Brad does not need anyone to throw him under the bus he did that well enough on his own, at least in my mind.

I was extremely angry with Brad for doing the Bachelor. He has major hang-ups and should not be on a show like the Bachelor. Part of me wants to lash out and say Brad did you do the Bachelor because it was your favourite show and you wanted to make history with it? Maybe for him going on the bachelor was just to boost his ego. Well Brad sure made history when it comes to the Bachelor, by turning down two ladies. But at what expense to Brad and DeAnna? Was it worth the history?

The most intelligent thing I heard come out of Brad's mouth last night at the ATFR is that I have issues. (All I can think of is no kidding, major and different issues. Brad needs to work on those before he looks for someone.)

After watching ATFR, at this point I feel pity for Brad. He will never have what he wants the most, because he is to afraid of messing it up. His fears of failure are preventing him from finding love. Jenni was telling him you date, go out with the people. Brad expects to find instant love (which in my mind most times is not real love) before he will go out with someone. Deep down, I feel Brad is a nice, sincere and honest guy; but has major issues when it comes to intimate relationships.

Brad has these ideal thoughts which prevent him from having a loving relationship.

Loving relationships are not perfect. They grow on you. The early journey is fun it evolves.

Brad knows he gets upset when he is questioned.

His mother said Brad is all black and white and no grey in between.

Brad shuts himself off way to easily. I found that very noticeable yesterday. I wonder how much pain he felt at the ATFR, I feel he just shut down and went on defensive mode, but not really feeling. I may be way off but that is how I saw it.

Brad telling DeAnna at the FRC which is supposed to be the truth:

You look beautiful, I've never met anybody like you in my entire life, you are strong, you are independent, and the very first night I saw you, I told someone I was done.

I think about the night that I first kissed you , and how it felt . and I've got to say, that it's been a long long time, if ever that I felt like that, just by kissing anybody.

The marriage ...good bye to Jenni. I have so many feelings for you. (then the rest of the heart ache that followed.) I have to tell you good bye.

If Brad really felt like this then how come he can't continue dating and see if these strong feelings became love or not.

2 1/2 months later at the ATFR ceremony:

Brad told DeAnna that: I think about you everyday, I really care about you, I wish I could hug you. HE gave her the same elbow nudge he gave her when they were on the lounge chair and frustrated about not kissing. I will miss you more than you will ever know... Members of the studio audience saw how Brad tried to touch DeAnna at the commercials.

By listening to what Brad said at the ATFR, it seems to me that Brad has not move much pass DeAnna. Or at the very least he was sending DeAnna mixed messages.

If after 2 1/2 months of still feeling like this about somebody, why not take the chance that it was not meant to be instead of just saying no and not dating? That is what I do not understand, why just give on those feelings. Why not see where they lead even if it is nowhere, at least the feelings were not ignored. That is what Jenni was trying to say. Loves is not just there under the bed. You need to find the love. Love grows. Love is a choice.

I am glad I got my closure of Brad last night. I do not think Brad is a bad person actually I think he is a very caring individual. But I do think he has major commitment and trust issues among other issues. I think Brad's issues are something that he needs help with and not something some loving family or a woman would be able to help him with.

I sincerely wish Brad all the best in the world. I hope he finds the happiness and love he is seeking.

Time for me to move on past this Bachelor.
    Last edited by MomLady; 11-21-2007 at 02:01 PM.

Great post, MomLady! I agree with everything you wrote, and I think you've nailed it that Brad is so afraid of messing up if he ever had this perfect woman in his life that he will never get it, unless he really works on that issue. I believe that DeAnna and Brad would make an amazing couple and that they could actually make it in the real world if Brad were able to overcome his commitment issues. He loves her, even if he's trying to make himself and everybody else believe that he doesn't. It seems like he is the only person who doesn't get it. I have to agree with DeAnna, from everything I saw, it seems like they are meant to be... but right now it looks like it won't work out.
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

MomLady - You said everything I've been thinking and trying to say in other forums (only not as well as you did it). I do feel very sorry for Brad. I don't think he'll ever find what he claims he looking for until he gets some help dealing with his commitment issues. I really do believe he wants marriage and a family; I just think he's terrified of it at the same time. It's a shame.

FORT Regular

Momlady you said it so well. I don't hate Brad either and feel that he went in this will good intentions. Unfortunatly there were bits and pieces that lead the girls along. Could be that the editing made it seem that it was that way only but I am sure there were times that it was not all that heavy. Jenni appears to have moved on and I am glad for her. I imagine it will take a little while for De to move on too but she is strong and she will meet someone else someday. I am hoping like you that Brad somehow finds the path to a real relationship.... its like a house brick by brick. Again I truely hope Brad learns to take a relationship slow. I am almost wondering since he is 34 that if he is starting to panic that he has not settled down and hence the rush to find that special one that gives him that over the top feeling.

Lots of talk on this and other forums labeling Brad as Commitment-phobe, but other than superficial analysis that at the end he was "afraid" to "commit," that label doesn't fit his (known) life pattern at all IMO.

Rather, he seems to be the person within his particular family system to have born the brunt of the multiple crises/traumas of sudden change in economic circumstance, sudden loss of father, serial step-family relationships etc.

Family system theory suggests that groups of people operating as units are the proper client to which therapists must address their efforts. Individuals exist, but problems they experience are not individual but rather are social in nature. Social problems can only be comprehended when viewed in their social context. Also, parents need to maintain healthy boundaries with their children, not enmeshing one or more of them inappropriately with their adult troubles.

So, superficially at least, it's not surprising that as an adult, 1) he has sought refuge in workaholism including as path to regain financial success/ independence for family unit, 2) retains unresolved anger about loss of social standing, educational opportunity foisted upon him by (dysfunctional) adults in his life, and 3) maintains emotional distance from romantic interests.

It's a pretty interesting case study, actually. I hope he and his "family system" can seek some counseling. Maybe Tessa is available. That last part's a joke.

+ Reply to Thread