+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top THIS!!

Re: Top THIS!!

Quote Originally Posted by flutterby;2426111;
    I do remember Andy stating in an interview that he was told to dumb down his speech. Apparently he was using too big of words for us to uderstand. Well at least that is what TPTB thought. Of course if they did not tell him to change his vocabulary, I guess the drinking game would not be near as much fun, hehe I bet they told the bachettes to do this as well. Some of them seem to be much more intelligent than we were shown.
    AMAZING simply AMAZING!!!! ~~~ hee hee!!!

FORT Fan

I love the bachelor. Can't wait for new season no matter who it is.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDrop;2423285;
    Compare it to "real life dating". The track record appears to be the same or slighty better. We aren't successful with every person we date either.
    So let's see, in ten seasons of The Bachelor: two ongoing engagements, one cohabitation. That's a 30% success rate. Three seasons of The Bachelorette: one marriage. That's 33%.

So I say they're doing much better than "real life dating". After all we've seen, who'd have thought that this show would've been so successful?
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2423571;
    Now I didn't find Andy as physically attractive as the more rugged Byron type. Byron is still my favorite bachelor. He had the most sense, seemed caring, and was athletically very fit.
    I'm with you. Rugged good looking is better than model good looking. Would like to see another Byron type next bachelor.

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;2439087;
    I'm with you. Rugged good looking is better than model good looking. Would like to see another Byron type next bachelor.
    I wouldn't mind seeing that either, especially if he carries himself with the wisdom, maturity, seriousness (actually looking for someone not just fame) and class that Byron had. He was easy on the eyes, and strong in the character and heart depts also.

Great ideas for updates. We really got spoiled by Andy and Tessa, the was the best love story.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia;2438686;
    So let's see, in ten seasons of The Bachelor: two ongoing engagements, one cohabitation. That's a 30% success rate. Three seasons of The Bachelorette: one marriage. That's 33%.

So I say they're doing much better than "real life dating". After all we've seen, who'd have thought that this show would've been so successful?
    Great points.

I never thought this would go anywhere season 1 with amanda and alex. That show was a big ol' mess. And here we sit and look back on that after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by bandmfan;2423177;
    Great idea!
    I've been thinking for days that the next Bachelor show won't compare to the wonderful ending of this one. What are the odds that the result would be back-to-back happy endings? Not much chance of that happening so soon again is my thought. Doesn't give me alot of desire to watch a big party with empty promises and meaningless dates!

I couldn't of said it any better myself. I have no idea how they could top this last season, it was great!
    The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of what they have.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bandmfan;2423177;
    Great idea!
    I've been thinking for days that the next Bachelor show won't compare to the wonderful ending of this one. What are the odds that the result would be back-to-back happy endings? Not much chance of that happening so soon again is my thought. Doesn't give me alot of desire to watch a big party with empty promises and meaningless dates!
    Nothing can top the Andessa Love Story Unfolding - I'll still be hooked (obsessed is a better word!) on A & T updates so won't bother watwching next season's Bachelor. Season 10 is the only one that I have watched because the last two bachelors seemed too flaky to me. I think it's a great idea that they do a show on "Where Are They Now" on past bachelor/ettes or the successful couples.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2423395;
    For me, it wouldn't be all that difficult to top Andy, as a Bachelor. The only thing that made him particularly stand-out from the last few disasters is that he appeared to have been genuinely invested in 'the process'. Since he seemed to think he really stood a chance of finding a life long mate by going onto this show, it made it easy to believe him.

As for his other assets, well, we really didn't, in my opinion, see much special about him. He has to have at least some brain power, but it wasn't reflected in his verbiage. He's physically attractive to most (not my type, but I understand what people see in him), but so are most of the people on these shows.

He does have those teeth, though, . I suppose that's something special, right there.
    In an interview Andy said that he was told to stop using "big words" and use simple small words - so ABC doesn't give their viewers much credit for their mentality! Having earned scholarships & grants for his education does not reflect low brain power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast