+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top THIS!!

Re: Top THIS!!

For me, it wouldn't be all that difficult to top Andy, as a Bachelor. The only thing that made him particularly stand-out from the last few disasters is that he appeared to have been genuinely invested in 'the process'. Since he seemed to think he really stood a chance of finding a life long mate by going onto this show, it made it easy to believe him.

As for his other assets, well, we really didn't, in my opinion, see much special about him. He has to have at least some brain power, but it wasn't reflected in his verbiage. He's physically attractive to most (not my type, but I understand what people see in him), but so are most of the people on these shows.

He does have those teeth, though, . I suppose that's something special, right there.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Now I didn't find Andy as physically attractive as the more rugged Byron type. Byron is still my favorite bachelor. He had the most sense, seemed caring, and was athletically very fit.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2423395;
    For me, it wouldn't be all that difficult to top Andy, as a Bachelor. The only thing that made him particularly stand-out from the last few disasters is that he appeared to have been genuinely invested in 'the process'. Since he seemed to think he really stood a chance of finding a life long mate by going onto this show, it made it easy to believe him.

As for his other assets, well, we really didn't, in my opinion, see much special about him. He has to have at least some brain power, but it wasn't reflected in his verbiage. He's physically attractive to most (not my type, but I understand what people see in him), but so are most of the people on these shows.

He does have those teeth, though, . I suppose that's something special, right there.
    All 97 of them.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fan

okay--i have an idea. i wish they would have a bachelor marathon for all their "successful" seasons and at the end of each one they could have updates on the couples. i didn't tape all the shows and would love to see some of their "journeys"(did i just say that?) again. the problem?? some of the couples may just want to get on with their lives and forget totally about having been on the bachelor.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnerwife;2423993;
    okay--i have an idea. i wish they would have a bachelor marathon for all their "successful" seasons and at the end of each one they could have updates on the couples. i didn't tape all the shows and would love to see some of their "journeys"(did i just say that?) again. the problem?? some of the couples may just want to get on with their lives and forget totally about having been on the bachelor.
    I think that is a great idea but of course the clash is there as you mentioned that some of these people would love to move on with their lives without the interference but we all know that Trista would love to show that baby off on national tv once he/she is born.

I'd love to see the outtakes, too. They must have hours and hours of edited tape that would fun to watch.

I thought the most entertaining Bachelor show was Andrew/Jen. The Andy/Tessa show was almost as good, mainly because they actually allowed us to see more of the romance unfolding as they fell in love while still keeping us guessing as to whom Andy would choose. Even though Andrew/Jen didn't make it to the alter, there was still a very strong potential connection there.

The Charlie/Sara show was the most boring to watch (for me), and yet that's one of the couples who is still together. TPTB completely squished the romance unfolding with their editing, so I was never invested in them as a couple, and thus my interest level was non-existent.

I agree .. I would really love to see a "where are they now?" show of all of the couples and/or participants.

FORT Newbie

I would love to see the outtakes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;2424411;
    The Charlie/Sara show was the most boring to watch (for me), and yet that's one of the couples who is still together. TPTB completely squished the romance unfolding with their editing, so I was never invested in them as a couple, and thus my interest level was non-existent.
    More boring than Travis/who? Since I consider my reality TV as harmless, mindless entertainment I rarely wish I hadn't watched something. But that one made me regret the three wasted brain cells.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

FORT Newbie

I agree! Give me OUTTAKES, too! They were often some of the most enjoyable parts of any show, once they started running them during the credits. (How else would we have learned of Danielle's Bananaphobia?!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2423395;

I do remember Andy stating in an interview that he was told to dumb down his speech. Apparently he was using too big of words for us to uderstand. Well at least that is what TPTB thought. Of course if they did not tell him to change his vocabulary, I guess the drinking game would not be near as much fun, hehe I bet they told the bachettes to do this as well. Some of them seem to be much more intelligent than we were shown.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast