+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How many Bachelor/ette couples have there been?

FORT Newbie

How many Bachelor/ette couples have there been?

on the recap last night they implied there were only 10, with four couples still being together. Which is 40% success rate. I thought it was much lower than that!

Are they including Bachelorettes in the ten total or mixing and matching?

Re: How many Bachelor/ette couples have there been?

Quote Originally Posted by Air Force Cane;2415538;
    on the recap last night they implied there were only 10, with four couples still being together. Which is 40% success rate. I thought it was much lower than that!

10 bachelors Alex, Aaron, Andrew, Bob, Jesse, Byron, Charlie, Travis, Lorenzo and Andy
    3 bachelorette seasons Trista, Meredith and Jen
    The couples that are still together are: Andy/Tessa, Charlie/Sara, Byron Mary from bachelor seasons and Trista/Ryan from bachelorette season.
    Hope this post helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Force Cane;2415538;

Amanda - Alex: BROKEN UP
    Aaron - Helene: BROKEN UP
    Trista - Ryan: MARRIED
    Andrew - Jen: BROKEN UP
    Bob - Estella: BROKEN UP
    Meredith - Ian: BROKEN UP
    Jesse - Jessica: BROKEN UP
    Byron - Mary: ENGAGED
    Charlie - Sara: DATING
    Jen - Jerry: BROKEN UP
    Travis - Sara: BROKEN UP
    Lorenzo - Jen: BROKEN UP
    Andy - Tessa: ENGAGED

There have been 10 Bachelors and 3 B'ettes. They are calling this most recent season one of the 4 successes, which, while I hope that is true, remains to be seen.

At this point in almost every season, the "happy couples" put on a front of "dating" while doing the press circuit.

No they were't. There were 3 bachelorettes and 10 Bachelors. Considering the process though, I think 4 couples still together is pretty good.

bachelor 3 (Andrew Firestone) and Bachelorette 2 (Meredith) Were with their chosen ones for quite a while, so I wouldn't even consider them a complete failure.

I don't think Blob, Jessie Palmer, Travis or Lorenzo ever had any intention of marrying or even getting seriously involved with anyone from the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;2415552;
    No they were't. There were 3 bachelorettes and 10 Bachelors. Considering the process though, I think 4 couples still together is pretty good.

bachelor 3 (Andrew Firestone) and Bachelorette 2 (Meredith) Were with their chosen ones for quite a while, so I wouldn't even consider them a complete failure.

I don't think Blob, Jessie Palmer, Travis or Lorenzo ever had any intention of marrying or even getting seriously involved with anyone from the show.
    I agree with that as they were engaged six months or more in both of those couples and both couples gave it a good go before deciding to split. Much better than some seasons where bach/bachettes "bailed out" either by not choosing (Jen) or choosing someone they knew wasn't ready for commitment (too many of them to list.) I think Trista, Byron and Andy all had in common that a) they wanted to get married at the end of this and b) they knew what qualities they were looking for in wife/husband and chose the one that they loved who fit those qualities. I also want to note that Byron had to talk Mary into staying twice!! and was an interesting parallel to Andy/Tessa and the Tahoe conversation. Charlie was open to it even though he was skeptical that it would lead to marriage, but was able to realize that he fell in love with Sara and embrace it with both hands. Another interesting parallel is that like Tessa, Sara walked the relationship path in "baby steps" not even kissing the bachelor until overnight date process in the f3. She also chose to tell him she loved him late in the process. Also like Andy/Tessa, Charlie loves to "hug the stuffing out of her" often picking her up off the ground and twirling her around in every hug. This couple seems to have aspects of all of the other three successful seasons so I think by golly this may just work this time.

Does anyone remember when there was 2 bachelors and the bachelorettes had to vote for one? Did I dream that? Was it another show?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Matchmaker;2417186;
    Does anyone remember when there was 2 bachelors and the bachelorettes had to vote for one? Did I dream that? Was it another show?
    That was the Byron season - it was either Byron or Jay (and obviously Byron won).

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;2415552;

Do we count Blob since he met his wife through the Bachlorette show????

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;2418934;
    Do we count Blob since he met his wife through the Bachlorette show????
    The way they are trying to pimp the success of this show, I surprised they didn't!!!

+ Reply to Thread