+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2774327;
    I was the poster who brought up the possible issue of ABC's being concerned about the appearance of impropriety due to three of the top five in the leaderboard being personal friends of the bachelor. Here is the relevant sentence from my post # 45 in this thread.

Please do not imply that I suggested that posters behaved in an unfair manner or actually received insider information when I actually posted the exact opposite of that in my attempt to make sense of ABC's action in awarding the prize to someone in the next tier. Thank you.

And congratulation to all the winners.
    I remember your post and I did wonder the same thing. I equate the whole situation with a doctor getting too familiar with a patient, or a researcher cozying up the the doomed lab rat. Neither is a good idea.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Blondie said
    It appears that I need to qualify this by saying that none of us that "met" Brad in Austin are "personal friends" with him.
    This is from your post number 4 of the "A few of us from FORT met Brad " thread.
    I concur Cafegirl ~ my husband and I had a fantastic time in Austin due to meeting you, Jelle and Grneyedgirl ~ and babyfaceC, Brad and DJAshen. I have to say, DJAshen spins a mean record!

All of those guys made us feel like friends and family...
    I'm not sure why it would matter that you are (or were) treated like personal friends, or like "friends and family. " The point that I was making is that a personal relationship of some sort existed during the airing of the show and you spent time , in Austin, with babyface and Brad. I merely posed that this could have created a difficulty with ABC. Luckily it did not !

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Congratulations to the Forters in the top five! I, too, would have been there except for a wrong guess on first night. *sigh* But, that is what makes the game fun...seeing if, through squinting at photo caps and reading between the interview lines, we can spot those likely to stay and play.

BTW - I don't know if this has been mentioned about the Forters who went to Austin, but they would have had to make their picks for the hometown dates before they boarded the plane. They didn't meet Brad or anyone else until the viewing of the home town show in a public arena. As far as F3-F1, I know for a fact that they struggled with the rest of us, especially that tricky F1 situation. The only problem going to Austin has caused them is that, since they did meet Brad, they've had to defend him on the board. Other than that, I don't see or have a problem with any of them winning (and paying heavy IRS taxes) for the trip to Cabo. Best of Luck to ALL the final five.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Thank you Arielflies ~ well stated ~ and all the others that gave us wonderful advice and good wishes regarding the rose ceremony game.

Okay, let's win this next game too!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

My hubby is an attorney and I asked him when you guys were not picked if your visit to Austin could be a problem and he stated that it absolutely could be but that ABC would have to notify you of your disqualification in writing. He said any appearance of insider info is not good.

I know that you did not "meet" them until the hometown date episodes, but you did talk with Jason all season which prompted the discussions about you all going to Austin...we all know that none of you cheated or got any insider info but the people in charge of this contest and casual observers do not know you guys - so the appearance of insider information is certainly possible to others and that is where the conflict could have come in for ABC

Speaking of IRS taxes, does anyone know what the trip will be valued at by ABC? I just went to travelocity and priced a three night stay for two at the Pueblo Bonita in a deluxe room with flights from Chicago beginning on March 25 (all randomly chosen as examples ) and the price was $2123 for two. Add the $200 spa credit that ABC is throwing in and it comes to $2323.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2774395;
    Thank you Arielflies ~ well stated ~ and all the others that gave us wonderful advice and good wishes regarding the rose ceremony game.

Okay, let's win this next game too!
    Arielflies I agree with your post! Blondie and all the top 5 first place winners best wishes~!

Let's move on and win this next game! I'm ready!
    Last edited by pajamasam; 01-29-2008 at 11:29 AM.
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

I know it's been said to move on, and I will, but I want to clarify that I didn't mean to imply that ANYONE on the FORT team used insider trading, I simply agreed that to an outsider, who didn't know anything about FORT or Sluething could see it differently than those of us on the FORT who see how hard the top 5 worked to figure out their picks. I really hope one of you guys win. You work really hard to figure out your picks and deserve to be rewarded for your hard work. I wish I was saavy (and patient) enough to figure out the right picks from week to week. It's hard, and those in the top 5 (and those in the top 20 as well) show a lot of insight and skill in being able to dig through the crap that Fleiss throws at us to find the truth in each episode. I hate to think that I hurt anyone's feelings, so I apologize for doing so. Knowing that Fleiss' minions monitor this site, if TPTB had thought there was impropriety, they would have contacted those players and let them know... since they didn't we can gather that TPTB didn't see it as inappropriate, so we can also believe it wasn't inappropriate. Again, I hope one of you wins. Chances are 60% that one of you will... That's very exciting and we look forward to hearing about what prizes you all receive. One last thing, don't stop sharing your insights here, we all value what you all say and I for one have a lot to learn about sluething!

I know it's been said to move on, and I will,
    There is an active FORT 12 thread and all sleuthers are welcome. That being said, there is nothing wrong with discussing Bachelors 1 through 11 in their appropriate threads or with discussing the Fort sleuthers and Rose Ceremony issues in this thread. No apologies whatsoever are necessary for not "moving on."
    Last edited by pajamasam; 01-29-2008 at 12:56 PM.

FORTers have 100% chance of winning one of the trips to Cabo

In the running: BlondieGal, cafegirl, ButterflyFaery, OnTheBus, and me

I am now recruiting for anyone who would like to take a trip to sunny London in April to sit in a pub. We can't watch The Bachelor, and we probably won't be able to meet him (because he will be here working on his career) But perhaps we can soak up the ambience and get some "clues" and meet our friend HallP for a drink Perhaps we can make some special friendships ... again
    I'd suggest a trip to Newnan GA, but I don't want to go there, so someone else needs to be that cruise director
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

+ Reply to Thread