+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2758879;
    Yes, I received an email that I was a possible winner of a bachelorette goodie bag. I had to fill out a form and have my signature notarized, and then faxed it back to the marketing group.
    Thanks Blondie..I have not received an email..I guess I'm not a winner..

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

I was relieved to see on the other thread that a drawing from the top 5 will be done and another grand prize winner chosen. It seems like it was an "error" and they are working to make it right. However, I would now wonder if I would go to visit another Bachelor.... even though I believe in jelle, greeneye and blondie 100% that they acted with integrity and didn't recieve any insider info, it does have a hint of "insider trading" to it. I don't believe for even a milli second that any of our top sluethers would cheat in any way, I can see how that might appear to give an edge.... So I won't be flying to London for some financial advice any time soon...Or to California to meet with a 6'6" financier either... By the way, I didn't play the last RCG because I was so frustrated with finishing in the top for Andy's season and getting nothing. Haven't decided if I'll play this time.

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2773677;
    I was relieved to see on the other thread that a drawing from the top 5 will be done and another grand prize winner chosen. It seems like it was an "error" and they are working to make it right. However, I would now wonder if I would go to visit another Bachelor.... even though I believe in jelle, greeneye and blondie 100% that they acted with integrity and didn't recieve any insider info, it does have a hint of "insider trading" to it. I don't believe for even a milli second that any of our top sluethers would cheat in any way, I can see how that might appear to give an edge.... So I won't be flying to London for some financial advice any time soon...Or to California to meet with a 6'6" financier either... By the way, I didn't play the last RCG because I was so frustrated with finishing in the top for Andy's season and getting nothing. Haven't decided if I'll play this time.
    Simplechef--grneyespy isn't me.
    I actually only played the first week. I had to go out of town the second week and forgot about it. So, I just scraped it all together.

I am so glad that ABC is going to right their wrong.
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2773677;
    Simplechef, I was the third person of the top five in the contest who went to Austin, and I have to say, that it's obvious from the official letter that is posted in the Final Comments on Bach 11 that the decision had nothing to do with us meeting the Bachelor. Besides the fact that 2 of the top five did not meet him. It was disturbing to me when it was posted earlier (when we first posted about the unfairness of the award going to a random 2nd place contestant) that we possibly tainted our chances by getting "insider" info from Brad (which we most definitely did not). I know all five who finished in the top and I can say without a trace of doubt that everyone (and I'll even include myself ) have been dedicated sleuthers and are totally honest, with absolute integrity in playing the game and unraveling the mysteries of this show, as are you (collectively speaking for all the FORT sleuthers).
    All the officials had to see, was that we merged ahead after the first week, when we had most definitely NOT met Brad and maintained that lead ever since. By the time the hometown dates rolled around (which is when we met Brad), most all of us had narrowed down the top four girls as well as the top three and two, so it was basicly a moot point by that time (and again, it's really irrevelant because neither Brad nor Babyface told us anything insider wise while we were in Austin. {You can read back through our posts to confirm this! )
    I just want to finish this season on a positive note that justice has prevailed with the contest and I can honestly say, I will be happy for whoever of the top five win! Well done, my friends!!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

You know ... that is the second time it has been suggested .. in a very friendly, jovial, "you-know-I-don't-believe-it" way .. that I cheated ... oops, was insider trading Hurts my feeliings well, not too much

We went to Austin with only three dates left to decide. It was pretty cut and dry after the hometown dates AND there were two other very smart posters who pulled off a perfect score. The only thing that divided the top 50 or so was ONE pick. I call that luck ... the hard picks were in the beginning.

And in a "technical glitch" ABC picked the winner as someone with less than perfect score - anyone who came in 6th could have won and she is STILL going to Cabo. So anyone who missed one pick, and was in 6th place really was in the winners pool Imagine that! That includes a lot of FORTers

ETA: hee hee I didn't see your post cafegirl Good to see you around again!
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl;2773796;
    Simplechef--grneyespy isn't me.
    I actually only played the first week. I had to go out of town the second week and forgot about it. So, I just scraped it all together.

I am so glad that ABC is going to right their wrong.
    lol...the grneyespy is me...lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Well stated Cafegirl and Jelle! I am the one that figured out Solisa was staying when I read an article of what all Brad and she talked about while on the show. I knew that there was no way that she would stay only 5 minutes on the show and cover the subjects. I also knew to stay away from favorites that can happen as early as before the first show. Once we had the picture of DeAnna blowing the flame off the bottle it was then easy to match up the women.

This is my third season for a perfect score with finally winning a goodie bag. I would say to stick with it if you have not won anything in the past. It appears that the marketing group made sure to award the prize fairly this season.

This is a FUN place to sleuth, figure out pictures, come together with ideas, analyze , form friendships and have FUN! Let's have some fun this next season!

Last edited by BlondieGal; 01-29-2008 at 08:33 AM.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Congrats to all the first place finishers here who now get a deserving chance at winning the grand prize. Last season was my first season, but I have loved every minute posting here! FORT is a great place to enjoy the show, and have few laughs also

I was the poster who brought up the possible issue of ABC's being concerned about the appearance of impropriety due to three of the top five in the leaderboard being personal friends of the bachelor. Here is the relevant sentence from my post # 45 in this thread.
    The network has the right to avoid the perception of insider information being used to affect the outcome of the game. Let me be clear that I'm sure that Brad did not give his friends any insider information and that they played the game most fairly and with total integrity
    Please do not imply that I suggested that posters behaved in an unfair manner or actually received insider information when I actually posted the exact opposite of that in my attempt to make sense of ABC's action in awarding the prize to someone in the next tier. Thank you.

And congratulation to all the winners.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 01-29-2008 at 09:56 AM.

It appears that I need to qualify this by saying that none of us that "met" Brad in Austin are "personal friends" with him.

Okay folks, let's get on the sleuthing bandwagon for the next two shows.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

+ Reply to Thread