+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

You first placers were robbed!!!! This really sucks. I'm glad you are following up on it and I sure hope that they (abc) make the correct amends. Rules are rules, why have them if you aren't gonna follow them. We know the real winners!!!!!

I too have sent off a letter to B. Buchart at LeadDog Marketing in hopes of at least getting an explanation for what has transpired.

It seems strange to me that they post the rules, keep the leaderboard public, and then don't follow their own directions. Did they think no one would care? or did they think no one would notice?

I don't even care about the prize, only that they didn't play fair, and they think that is okay. Hopefully there will at least be an explanation.

Someone asked about the goodybags being taxable. Whenever a prize is over $600 (and the giver makes the valuation) they are required to send the recipient a 1099. So the winners of the goodies will add and extra $2500 of prize money to their tax returns in 2008 as income, increasing their tax due by $375 (15%) to $700 (28%). You can make the same calcualtion with the trip to Cabo
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Can someone share what is in the goody bags? I'd love to know.

Quote Originally Posted by K9Mom;2757676;
    Can someone share what is in the goody bags? I'd love to know.
    The goody bags are the gifts that the Bachelorettes receive for being on the show. You can see the list on the ABC board under prizes. One is given out each week as a weekly prize in the rose ceremony game.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

BlondieGal
    How do you know if you win a prize??I was tied for 6th place... Do they email you? Just wondering.

My good friend won one not too long ago (I forgot when) and she gave me the soap from it

"Tainted Love Soap"
    Pure Vegetable base
    with extra cleaning power!
    Irresistable scent - a smooth blend of exotic fruit, floral, and musk
    It says "lather up & rinse him off" tainted love soap
    Made by Blue Oz

I love it. It is in this "sexy" 1950's box
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

After reading about ABC's decision to award the prize to someone who was not actually on the top of the heap, I think that ,in addition to contacting the legal departments of all the entities mentioned, we should copy in the appropriate FCC representative with a little reference to the Pyramid scandal of the '50's. Since it's election season, our public servants will be all over this story.

And on a personal level, I think I will probably forego participating next time....if there is a next time for the RCG.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma;2757751;
    BlondieGal
    How do you know if you win a prize??I was tied for 6th place... Do they email you? Just wondering.
    Yes, I received an email that I was a possible winner of a bachelorette goodie bag. I had to fill out a form and have my signature notarized, and then faxed it back to the marketing group.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Congrats Blondiegal on the goodie bag but I really think you or the other 1st place finishers should have won the trip. That is so unfair. You guys are the best. Fort sleuthers do rule. Well I hope you at least get some answers as to why.

Congrats to all who played for a job well done.

FORT Regular

Wow you guys. I didn't even know about this game - but I checked out the link and saw the leaderboard. I would be outraged too! You guys are the best. I don't know if someone has brought this up or not - but could it also be that Babyface was posting here? Or did he post in other places too? Or would that even matter?? Just a thought. Anyway, first 5 top spots and you didn't win without explanation? YOU DESERVE, at the very LEAST, an EXPLANATION!

+ Reply to Thread