+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 130

Thread: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

  1. #41
    His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    in the Garden!
    Posts
    4,982

    Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by intheblind;2755782;
    So next question is who is going to send there prize back & say thanks but NO thanks???? HMMMMM.lol
    Good question, intheblind. This past year I won a BAchelorette goodie bag from Lorenzo's season, and I should have sent it back.. It was definitely not worth the taxes I now have to pay on it. I hope your goodie bag has better "stuff", BlondieGal!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

  2. #42
    In the drivers seat! K9Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,204

    Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

    If I were you guys I would at least write a letter to the network about this. Maybe have one of the lawyers here look it over before you send it? I could not sleep at night until I let them know that I knew what they were doing and did not agree with how they awarded the top prize.

    I'm sorry for you guys!!

  3. #43
    Team Carly kwtaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    663

    Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2755768;
    Great question, kwtaylor. I guess do not assume that you will win the big prize if you have the top score. I did receive notice that I won a Bachelorette goodie bag, so I am happy about that ~ although it seems strange that the other first place finishers win nothing and a second place finisher wins the trip.
    I guess it's good that you got something out of it, but the truth is that it's unfair that a second place finisher (one out of 20) wins the big prize. It truly just makes no sense.

    Cafegirl, why did you have to pay taxes on your goodie bag?

  4. #44
    FORT Fogey Cailg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,705

    Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

    As an attorney, I would contact the promotions department first and request an explanation as to why the published rules were not complied with on ABC's part, but if that didn't work, contact the legal department. The worse thing they can do is ignore you. It is the principle here that must really be bothering you, and I don't blame you.

  5. #45
    Premium Member pajamasam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,696

    Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

    Perhaps one thing that may have prevented the Fort members from winning the Grand prize is that (at least) 3 of the top 5 people on the leaderboard of the Rose Ceremony Game are posters from the FORT that visited Brad in Austin during the airing of the series. They posted about their visit and their newfound friendship here. We have heard time and again that folks from ABC do visit the Fort and so they may well have read that thread and been aware of the friendships.

    The network has the right to avoid the perception of insider information being used to affect the outcome of the game. Let me be clear that I'm sure that Brad did not give his friends any insider information and that they played the game most fairly and with total integrity. I also know that the information that one needs to do exceptionally well in the game can be gathered merely from reading the threads here at the FORT. However, when personal friends of the star contestant of the show choose to play the Rose Ceremony Game there could be a taint of unfairness. And ABC, in it's official rules, reserves the right to be the final judge of such matters in order to protect the integrity of the Sweepstakes.

    Then again, ABC could just be behaving in a completely random manner when it comes to awarding the prizes. I wouldnt put it past them. My sympathies to those of you who feel that you should have won.

    Here is the leaderboard: The Bachelor - Bachelor - Home - ABC.com

  6. #46
    Premium Member soccermama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    On the soccer field...
    Posts
    2,281

    Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by K9Mom;2755848;
    If I were you guys I would at least write a letter to the network about this. Maybe have one of the lawyers here look it over before you send it? I could not sleep at night until I let them know that I knew what they were doing and did not agree with how they awarded the top prize.

    I'm sorry for you guys!!

    I agree w/that! At the very least I would send them a letter and ask them how a second place finisher won the grand prize when there were several people ahead of them in the RC game. It just doesn't make sense at all. Seems very unfair and not worth the time to play if that is how they are going to run it!!

    Wow, we all better be careful now, because maybe next season they will pull a Brad and decide to choose *no one*, lol!!

  7. #47
    Premium Member soccermama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    On the soccer field...
    Posts
    2,281

    Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2755945;
    Perhaps one thing that may have prevented the Fort members from winning the Grand prize is that (at least) 3 of the top 5 people on the leaderboard of the Rose Ceremony Game are posters from the FORT that visited Brad in Austin during the airing of the series. They posted about their visit and their newfound friendship here. We have heard time and again that folks from ABC do visit the Fort and so they may well have read that thread and been aware of the friendships.

    The network has the right to avoid the perception of insider information being used to affect the outcome of the game. Let me be clear that I'm sure that Brad did not give his friends any insider information and that they played the game most fairly and with total integrity. I also know that the information that one needs to do exceptionally well in the game can be gathered merely from reading the threads here at the FORT. However, when personal friends of the star contestant of the show choose to play the Rose Ceremony Game there could be a taint of unfairness. And ABC, in it's official rules, reserves the right to be the final judge of such matters in order to protect the integrity of the Sweepstakes.

    Then again, ABC could just be behaving in a completely random manner when it comes to awarding the prizes. I wouldnt put it past them. My sympathies to those of you who feel that you should have won.

    Here is the leaderboard: The Bachelor - Bachelor - Home - ABC.com

    That's a good theory, but if that was the point don't you think that ABC would have at least contacted them and told them why they were disqualified? And, if they think that 3 of the 5 leaders have met Brad and therefore had an unfair advantage, what about the other 2? Why should they be penalized? This just doesn't make any sense at all.

    I am sorry for you guys that worked so hard and apparently didn't even get a chance from ABC to win the big prize.

  8. #48
    Fort Blondie BlondieGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,362

    Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2755960;
    That's a good theory, but if that was the point don't you think that ABC would have at least contacted them and told them why they were disqualified? And, if they think that 3 of the 5 leaders have met Brad and therefore had an unfair advantage, what about the other 2? Why should they be penalized? This just doesn't make any sense at all.

    I am sorry for you guys that worked so hard and apparently didn't even get a chance from ABC to win the big prize.
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts on this matter. Perhaps we should not name our game board "Fort" next season.

    Excellent point soccermama, plus I also won a goodie bag so they did not have any problem feeling I was at an advantage in winning this prize. The guys signed confidentiality contracts and fully honored them. Something does not smell right about this, and I wonder if this has occured in past shows.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

  9. #49
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2755960;
    That's a good theory, but if that was the point don't you think that ABC would have at least contacted them and told them why they were disqualified? And, if they think that 3 of the 5 leaders have met Brad and therefore had an unfair advantage, what about the other 2? Why should they be penalized? This just doesn't make any sense at all.

    I am sorry for you guys that worked so hard and apparently didn't even get a chance from ABC to win the big prize.
    Well since I am ONE of the other two I totally agree and I did send a letter to ABC today asking why a 2nd place winner won the prize
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  10. #50
    FoRT-i-fied hotlanta babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    now living in Hell-A
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

    From being the "Sweepstakes Rules Dictator" at a marketing agency and a big soft drink company, ABC MUST follow the rules as they are written on their website. If they have an outside sweepstakes agency (like D.L. Blair in Nebraska or Young America Corp in Minnesota), it will state it in the rules -- contact them and state your case. If the network is running the sweepstakes, call ABC and find the Legal person for the Entertainment department.

    You have every right to make a complaint. And, since ABC did NOT follow their own sweepstakes rules, they should (actually) give an ADDITIONAL grand prize, selected from the 20 (or so) people who had the highest score on the RCG.

    ABC had attorneys review those rules (many, many times), so the lawyers will want to make amends ... so this doesn't give ABC bad press.

    Go get 'em!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.