+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

Yesterday I posted :
    Speaking of IRS taxes, does anyone know what the trip will be valued at by ABC? I just went to travelocity and priced a three night stay for two at the Pueblo Bonita in a deluxe room with flights from Chicago beginning on March 25 (all randomly chosen as examples ) and the price was $2123 for two. Add the $200 spa credit that ABC is throwing in and it comes to $2323.
    But the RCG site values the trip at $3500. Maybe you all should print up some travelocity quotes to save as proof for your accountants. It couldnt hurt.

KashatheDiva ~ congratulations on your win!

Too funny about the bejeweled condom case.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Way to go KashatheDiva, I won one last season, but darn it... I didn't get any "jeweled condom case!! I got lots of hair products and a home version air brush tanning kit!!! I hope you get the really 'cool' gifts, from what you've said, it already sounds better. I'm still waiting for my IRS form from them to file my taxes. I'm figuring it to be close to $500 that I will owe!!! Not exactly worth it, considering what I got, but I guess the bragging rights are "Priceless!!" ha!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Atlanta... thanks for that great advice! Researching the prices of the items you get is a good idea, especially when you look at the taxes you'll pay. I used to be a Pampered Chef consultant, and one year I won a trip. I was shocked at what value they put on it, and didn't know this information to help me find a way to lower my taxes. Thanks for that inside tip!

Yes, thanks for the tip, Hotlanta!

After several years of winning sweepstakes (8 trips, money, lots of prizes), I worked in promotions for a beverage company. From reviewing so many promotions, I became the "rules guru" and dealt with a lot of judging agencies and corporate lawyers. It's so much fun to call an entrant and tell them they've (potentially) won a grand prize. (But ... I think it's more fun to GET the call!)

I'm so glad ABC's judging agency is awarding another grand prize to the true top point-getters! Do we know how many of those (5 people, right?) are FoRTers? Let the FoRT know who wins!

They are all FORTers and have been here for a long time.
    BlondieGal, cafegirl, ButterflyFaery, OnTheBus.
    When you look at the places 1 - 6 .... there are a lot of FORTers
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

It's been a long time since the game ended. What is taking them so long to announce the winners?
    Yup, with donuts!!

I just wanted to update anyone interested:

My gift boxes arrived today! I say boxes because two large boxes were delivered.
    In one large box was a 22 inch piece of Hartmann Luggage from the "wings" collection stuffed with the other gifts and then a boxed razor skooter packed with it. The second box contained the matching duffle from the "wings" Hartmann collection. The luggage is very nice and I could not find it online offered under the collective price of $800.
    Most of the other stuff is hit or miss.
    A great pair of leather flip flops/sandals came but they are size 9--I am going to see if somehow I can get them in my size (6)via some detective work.
    2 bikinis--one a size small thong bikini--, but the other one I am hoping my daughter will enjoy.
    Some cosmetics and spa items, good quality.
    I got a nice pair of cotton jammies--size small that fit me.
    Two designer pair of jeans--one cropped in a size 26 and the other possibly that size or smaller--I KNOW I can't fit into them, but I am hoping my daughter can, as I know these jeans cost a pretty penny.
    A great gift bag of chocolates--yummy.
    Black tank top with embellishments size M that my daughter will enjoy.
    Tweezers
    foot pads for shoes
    Condom compact with 2 freebie condoms
    Candle
    Cute book
    Crystal type necklace
    Gold filled heart necklace
    liquor flask
    digital camera attachment
    zit zapper
    hair clips
    cosmetic bag
    and maybe some other miscellaneous items that I can not recall at this time.

Was it actually valued at $2500 as stated by the marketing firm? Who knows~~ but I do know the few items we can use came out even for the amount of taxes we will owe next year and it was a lot of fun opening them up and laughing!

Congrats Kasha I am sure it was great fun!
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

+ Reply to Thread