+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

Thanks all!
    I figure much of the stuff will be a bit young for me, but I do have 2 daughters in their early 20's and between the 3 of us, there should be some fun stuff.
    The list of sponsors for the gift bag is on the rose ceremony game site if anyone is interested.

Good luck to those of you still waiting for grand prize results.
    Taxes on my gift bag will run about $800, so I can't imagine paying taxes on the biggie!!

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

$800! Crap... that's a bunch of dough for a bag full of stuff you probably won't use.

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2775031;
    $800! Crap... that's a bunch of dough for a bag full of stuff you probably won't use.
    The gentleman from the marketing company promoting the contest said one of the prizes was a razor skooter and another was a large very nice piece of luggage with it's matching carryon (hartmann luggage which is fairly pricey).
    My girls mentioned the denim company give aways looked pretty good--hopefully it will be jeans vs a cap give away and some of the other promoters offered things like cosmetics and jewelry, shoes/clothes that they will enjoy.
    So hopefully many of the items will be worthwhile.
    One of the give aways is from a condom company! I guess better safe than sorry!

Kasha... that is SO funny! (about the condoms) Interesting that the girls are given condoms in the goody bags... just how many of the girls do they expect to sleep with the bachelor?

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2775188;
    Kasha... that is SO funny! (about the condoms) Interesting that the girls are given condoms in the goody bags... just how many of the girls do they expect to sleep with the bachelor?
    When I went to the site, it's product line was upscale condom compacts--a compact to hold condoms. Top of the line compact is decorated with an overlay of swarovski crystals and goes for $199 each. Of course they do throw in 2 complimentary condoms with this compact.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;2775223;
    When I went to the site, it's product line was upscale condom compacts--a compact to hold condoms. Top of the line compact is decorated with an overlay of swarovski crystals and goes for $199 each. Of course they do throw in 2 complimentary condoms with this compact.
    and THIS is something that ABC gave the bachelorette's...lmao OMG I am NOT even going there

Congrats on your win Kasha
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;2775223;
    Well, now. Who can argue with bejeweled condom cases!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Something every well dressed lady needs is a bejeweled condom case... Sparkley is always in style.

The goody bag is worth 2400 bucks???? Holy moly!
    The taxes usually come out to 1/3 of the ARV.

If you want to be a dectective, you can find lower prices (get printed ads or similar) for all the items, or as many items as you can find. Have a service/accountant do your taxes and you can submit your evidence and not have to pay as much. I did it for a trip to Paris -- the agency said the 1-week trip was worth $10,000, but I got the research that is was actually worth $3400. It was some work, but it saved me $2000!

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;2775551;
    The goody bag is worth 2400 bucks???? Holy moly!
    The taxes usually come out to 1/3 of the ARV.

If you want to be a dectective, you can find lower prices (get printed ads or similar) for all the items, or as many items as you can find. Have a service/accountant do your taxes and you can submit your evidence and not have to pay as much. I did it for a trip to Paris -- the agency said the 1-week trip was worth $10,000, but I got the research that is was actually worth $3400. It was some work, but it saved me $2000!
    That is excellent advice, hotlanta babe! You are our go-to person when it comes to exceptional advice!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

+ Reply to Thread