+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 130

Thread: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

  1. #101
    FORT Fogey KashatheDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,068

    Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

    Thanks all!
    I figure much of the stuff will be a bit young for me, but I do have 2 daughters in their early 20's and between the 3 of us, there should be some fun stuff.
    The list of sponsors for the gift bag is on the rose ceremony game site if anyone is interested.

    Good luck to those of you still waiting for grand prize results.
    Taxes on my gift bag will run about $800, so I can't imagine paying taxes on the biggie!!

  2. #102
    I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Treasure Valley Idaho
    Posts
    3,272

    Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

    $800! Crap... that's a bunch of dough for a bag full of stuff you probably won't use.

  3. #103
    FORT Fogey KashatheDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,068

    Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2775031;
    $800! Crap... that's a bunch of dough for a bag full of stuff you probably won't use.
    The gentleman from the marketing company promoting the contest said one of the prizes was a razor skooter and another was a large very nice piece of luggage with it's matching carryon (hartmann luggage which is fairly pricey).
    My girls mentioned the denim company give aways looked pretty good--hopefully it will be jeans vs a cap give away and some of the other promoters offered things like cosmetics and jewelry, shoes/clothes that they will enjoy.
    So hopefully many of the items will be worthwhile.
    One of the give aways is from a condom company! I guess better safe than sorry!

  4. #104
    I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Treasure Valley Idaho
    Posts
    3,272

    Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

    Kasha... that is SO funny! (about the condoms) Interesting that the girls are given condoms in the goody bags... just how many of the girls do they expect to sleep with the bachelor?

  5. #105
    FORT Fogey KashatheDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,068

    Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2775188;
    Kasha... that is SO funny! (about the condoms) Interesting that the girls are given condoms in the goody bags... just how many of the girls do they expect to sleep with the bachelor?
    When I went to the site, it's product line was upscale condom compacts--a compact to hold condoms. Top of the line compact is decorated with an overlay of swarovski crystals and goes for $199 each. Of course they do throw in 2 complimentary condoms with this compact.

  6. #106
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;2775223;
    When I went to the site, it's product line was upscale condom compacts--a compact to hold condoms. Top of the line compact is decorated with an overlay of swarovski crystals and goes for $199 each. Of course they do throw in 2 complimentary condoms with this compact.
    and THIS is something that ABC gave the bachelorette's...lmao OMG I am NOT even going there

    Congrats on your win Kasha
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  7. #107
    Peace MsFroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Up here in my tree...
    Posts
    15,532

    Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;2775223;
    When I went to the site, it's product line was upscale condom compacts--a compact to hold condoms. Top of the line compact is decorated with an overlay of swarovski crystals and goes for $199 each. Of course they do throw in 2 complimentary condoms with this compact.
    Well, now. Who can argue with bejeweled condom cases!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

  8. #108
    I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Treasure Valley Idaho
    Posts
    3,272

    Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

    Something every well dressed lady needs is a bejeweled condom case... Sparkley is always in style.

  9. #109
    FoRT-i-fied hotlanta babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    now living in Hell-A
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

    The goody bag is worth 2400 bucks???? Holy moly!
    The taxes usually come out to 1/3 of the ARV.

    If you want to be a dectective, you can find lower prices (get printed ads or similar) for all the items, or as many items as you can find. Have a service/accountant do your taxes and you can submit your evidence and not have to pay as much. I did it for a trip to Paris -- the agency said the 1-week trip was worth $10,000, but I got the research that is was actually worth $3400. It was some work, but it saved me $2000!

  10. #110
    Fort Blondie BlondieGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,362

    Re: FORT Sleuthers Rule!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;2775551;
    The goody bag is worth 2400 bucks???? Holy moly!
    The taxes usually come out to 1/3 of the ARV.

    If you want to be a dectective, you can find lower prices (get printed ads or similar) for all the items, or as many items as you can find. Have a service/accountant do your taxes and you can submit your evidence and not have to pay as much. I did it for a trip to Paris -- the agency said the 1-week trip was worth $10,000, but I got the research that is was actually worth $3400. It was some work, but it saved me $2000!
    That is excellent advice, hotlanta babe! You are our go-to person when it comes to exceptional advice!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.