+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 207 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

FORT Regular

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

NYGal--I agree with you about how telling body language can be. I'll be paying attention to that tonight.

I'll also be watching their energy flows to see how it has changed since before the proposal.

I hope they can make it work. They have so much "Potential".
    What's the Great Conjunction? You tell me!

FORT Newbie

Well, I hope that it works out with them. I do.
    But I am really taken aback by his interactions with Bevin days at best before he proposed to Tessa--and one would think after he was already committed to Tessa in his heart? I really don't get it. He was genuine with Bevin. This was not a man who was told he had to kiss Bevin and not let her know. He caressed her face, made out, told her he wanted to be able to give her the reassurance she was looking for (??? huh), told her he loved her and even at the end seemed clueless as to what saying that to her at that point meant. I find that very, very strange.
    I think it is possible that he was determined to have a proposal at the end of this thing and he was planning to pick Bevin if Tessa didn't essentially give him a guarantee he wouldn't have his proposal rejected. I don't see any other explanation unless he is really cruel or a user. Personally, I find that (holding second place as a safety net so to speak) doesn't speak well of Andy if that is the case. If I were Tessa I would be concerned. And if he was just acting with Bevin then he was unnecessarily into it and cruel. Or clueless--I guess that is the best alternative. And if I were Tessa I would be concerned. I really, really wanted to like them but I don't. Still I hope it works out and they are happy.

Quote Originally Posted by fanoffort;2412386;
    I really, really wanted to like them but I don't. Still I hope it works out and they are happy.
    Me too! I really, really tried to "see" the love story last night since I knew what the outcome was, but I just couldn't. I am so jealous that the Tessa fans got to see what they saw as a love story...Fleiss doesn't let that happen often, if ever. I just wish I could "get it" or "see it", but I just don't. I am hoping for some reassurance tonight.

Yes, I think they will make it

FORT Fogey

Okay, I have to admit I only saw snippets of this show most of the season, usually the first few minutes after DWTS, while I was trying to dial in my votes for Joey. Anyway, last night I got sucked into it like a witness to a 6 car pileup on the Interstate.

I don't understand how TB makes it season after season. What I witnessed was cruel, contrived, and totally sickening. For a man to be kissing and cuddling with two women at the same time, demanding that both women provide him with the things he wants (telling him they love him, agreeing to move anywhere in the world with him, predicting how many children they will have together), all the while setting one of them up to be humiliated in front of millions of people, including her family and friends.

I'm sorry but I would not want some guy proposing to me only hours after having another woman tell him she loves him while he's busy shoving his tongue down her throat. I know much of this is editing, and that he probably wasn't as torn as we were lead to believe, but he was obviously leading Devin on and that is just so unforgivable under any circumstances. I don't know any of these people, but I'd say they all have serious character flaws to allow themselves to be the puppets in this tragic story.

And can you imagine Tessa going back to see "grandpa" after he was talking about how much electricity there was between Andy and Devin and Grandpa could understand why, he appeared to have the hots for Devin too! Hey Tessa, most of your future in-laws seemed to like the other one better!

IF Tessa can get past the intimate moments Andy spent with Bevin, then I think they can and will make it. I was rooting for Tessa, but unless the whole thing with Bevin was scripted..I don't see how she can get past his profession of love to another girl that close to the finale. I really hope they can make this work, though.

i think they wont break up next week or next month, i think the relationship will last for at least a year

but they wont make it to the altar

i think tessa is the female form of ian, being guarded, being skeptical....and i think she will dump andy like ms.froggy said

i just dont see tessa giving up her life for andy....she seemed close to her family, i just dont see her hacking it as a navy wife, my cousin was a navy wife and she had a really hard time at first, because the guy is gone for like 6 months....but she got used to it, but the end, they divorced but it was like 10 years later

but part of my cousin's problem was....she moved to another state to be with him, never saw her family...exactly the situation tessa might be in....but maybe she'll hack it who knows, but i doubt it

as for bevin, i think tessa was the better choice though he seemed to have more passion for bevin, but tessa is the perfect trophy wife he's looking for

i think the thing that bugged me about andy is....its like he has his whole life planned out before him....like he needed a cardboard cutout of a wife.....life is not like that, in fact, i can't stand that, i dumped a guy once who was all about finding the trophy wife

andy is like lisa, only not as crazy

and apparently he's famewhore....i swear no one goes on this show for the right reasons, not that they ever did

Quote Originally Posted by ayz75;2412214;
    I'm sorry, but I also have a lot of close friends who are from HK (and I am from Taiwan myself) Granted, there are many career-oriented women but most of my friends WANT children, and most of them are very family-oriented. If Tessa was a career/financial-success oriented person, WHY would she be a social worker? On top of that, she works with troubled kids. I don't think it's fair to judge her because her mother is from HK.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but in the Chinese culture, family is very important and having children is probably the top priority in most marriage (especially the pressure you get from the husband's family) it's completely opposite to what you wrote. However I don't believe that Tessa was brought up that way.. afterall her mother probably has been living in the U.S. for a very long time and she was born and raised there.

Honestly.. the fact she is a social worker, says something about her. She may not be your typical -I want to settle down in one place- type of girl (seems like she is adventurous and would move around) but I don't see her as being career/finance driven.
    In my defense, I realize that I'm generalizing and I said that my opinion of Tessa may have been prejudiced by my friends who are very career-minded. However, the point I'm making is that I believe a lot of people are also generalizing about Tessa and the type of person she is because she comes across as conservative and guarded. They are quickly jumping to the conclusion she is all for having a bunch of kids and being a good little house wife to Andy. I am pointing out that I really have not seen any evidence of this and its not necessarily a given because of her family background.

She sure did not sound very convincing to me when she said she'd like to be having a family in 5 years.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fanoffort;2412386;
    I think it is possible that he was determined to have a proposal at the end of this thing and he was planning to pick Bevin if Tessa didn't essentially give him a guarantee he wouldn't have his proposal rejected. I.
    I think that's a definite possibility, and I think it reflects how much Andy wants a wife and family quite soon to go along with the rest of his life blueprint.

That being the case, I can see just about any woman who ends up with him eventually wondering whether he really cares about her as a real and independent person or whether he mentally went down a checklist to see if she'd be suitable as an appendage for *his* life.

I think Andy's kind of a nice guy who doesn't realize that he's extremely self-centered in this way, but I hear a biological and perhaps image/political ambition perhaps? clock ticking in him that's pushed him onto the 'must get wife now' track at the moment. That's going to be a difficult hurdle for the Tessa/Andy relationship and for any relationship he gets into, unless he figures it out and changes his thinking, it seems to me, especially because he definitely seems to be most attracted to women who are kind of free spirits and strong individuals in their own right.

+ Reply to Thread