+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 207 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

FORT Regular

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

Quote Originally Posted by Schooner;2411890;
    I think they have a great shot at making it. They have one thing going for them that is stronger than loving each other - I think they genuinely LIKE each other. They have fun. They get along so well. The thoroughly enjoy each other's company. That is so obvious during the bits of "real time" we got to see.

I don't see Tessa being overly upset with the show last night. I am sure Andy has explained everything to her, including the pressure from Fleiss and Co. to keep up with the emotional turmoil. They thrive on that.

His "I love you Bev" was never passionate. It was a guy declaring very caring feelings for a girl - but not the way you declare love when "totally in love and over the moon" - which is how I saw him with Tessa.

He was a goner for Tessa many episodes ago - but he really needed that reassurance from her to finally give in to those feelings.

Tessa will see this. He will assure her of this. If nothing else, she will see how genuine and kind and caring he is - and he is all hers. She won't bolt.
    I was trying to just quote part of your post, Schooner, but I agreed with each and every word, especially the part about Andy and Tessa genuinely liking each other. That's been so obvious since the beginning, and what set their relationship apart from Andy's relationships with all the other ladies. What struck me the most was when Tessa gave Andy the collage. I've seen their love story developing since the aircraft carrier date, but when I saw the collage, it hit me that they had this entire relationship, and we'd only seen the tip of the iceberg, when it came to that. They had all these little inside jokes with each other and all these things that were meaningful to them and only them, and it was just amazing to realize how "real" their relationship was. It was a great, great moment, and you could tell that gift meant the world to Andy.

As for whether the relationship will last, I think they have a better shot than most, just because of the seriousness with which they both approached this process. I've never seen a Bachelor who took the process as seriously as Andy, and I've never seen a bachelorette who was as careful and deliberate about the process as Tessa. By the end, it was clear that she had given so much thought to whether Andy and his lifestyle were what she really wanted and whether she was really in love with him, and that she wasn't going to say it if she didn't mean it 100%. That's such a marked difference from most of the women who just jump into this process feet first without bothering to consider, well, anything other than "winning."

Anyway, I think the depth of Andy's feelings is evident from the fact that he proposed, because honestly, had he picked Bevin, I don't think there would have been a ring. I think there would have been an invitation to come to Hawaii and explore the relationship. I just don't think he would have been ready to make the same level of committment to her he was ready to make to Tessa, because I think he was aware that the spark he felt with Bevin was likely to fade over time. Them, I would have given 6 months or less. And I can't believe I'm about to write this, but I'd probably put money on Andy and Tessa making it to the altar. I called Tessa as the F1 from Episode 2, so I trust my instincts with these two.

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar

Absolutely! I think they will last!

Tessa and Andy have both stated that it was an odd process. Tessa was encouraged by Andy to trust in him. She always enjoyed the time she had with Andy. It was the process that kept stumbling her up.

I believe with Tessa's awareness of this process coupled with her love for Andy and her maturity, that she will be by his side thru the ups and downs. Beginnning with helping him thru the struggle he had with the love he felt for Bevin. This is the what you do when you love someone. I don't see Tessa as the jealous type and I'm sure her heart was breaking for both Bevin and Andy. Tessa knows that there was another person in the mix. She knows that they spent alot of time together and probably has a lot more respect for Andy for his honesty and tenacity to truly put the process to the test. I know I would be right there holding his hand and trying to help him recover from what seemed to be the hardest thing he ever had to do with letting Bevin go. He did this becuase he ultimately wanted to be with Tessa.
    When you put your whole body into the dance, your spirit will follow.

I do not think that Tessa is a good fit for Andy. I think people are assuming a lot about her that we has not been demonstrated.

I have a number of very close friends who are from well to do families from Honk Kong. They are not your typical family oriented, family comes first type of people. They are the direct opposite of that. Career and financial success comes first and Religion is definitly not a big priority. They do not place a lot of value on domesticity and children and many of them chose not to have children.

Maybe I have been influenced by assumptions I have made of her background, but I do not recall Tessa ever having heard her say anything about wanting children etc. The type I know are very unconventional in their life styles even though they come across as very traditional and conservative.

First off, jelle...VERY WELL STATED!!

Fort...that is sort of what we do at FORT. We over analyze, critique, challenge and give our often unsustantiated opinions! That's what makes this place so great!

Quote Originally Posted by :) Fort;2412141;
    Okay, I just have to say...

Who are we to say they will make it or not, who are we to judge them! They all went on this show knowing full well it may not work out in the end. And I for one am totally in awe of these 25 ladies for doing this show, for putting themselves out there in this crazy dating process. I know I could never and would never do any reality tv show, esp. TB. I will not judge them because I haven't walked a mile in their shoes!

With that said, I wish the best of luck to Andy and Tessa! They truly have made this season of TB more enjoyable for me to watch!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Krispy;2412178;
    I have a number of very close friends who are from well to do families from Honk Kong. They are not your typical family oriented, family comes first type of people. They are the direct opposite of that. Career and financial success comes first and Religion is definitly not a big priority. They do not place a lot of value on domesticity and children and many of them chose not to have children.

I'm sorry, but I also have a lot of close friends who are from HK (and I am from Taiwan myself) Granted, there are many career-oriented women but most of my friends WANT children, and most of them are very family-oriented. If Tessa was a career/financial-success oriented person, WHY would she be a social worker? On top of that, she works with troubled kids. I don't think it's fair to judge her because her mother is from HK.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but in the Chinese culture, family is very important and having children is probably the top priority in most marriage (especially the pressure you get from the husband's family) it's completely opposite to what you wrote. However I don't believe that Tessa was brought up that way.. afterall her mother probably has been living in the U.S. for a very long time and she was born and raised there.

Honestly.. the fact she is a social worker, says something about her. She may not be your typical -I want to settle down in one place- type of girl (seems like she is adventurous and would move around) but I don't see her as being career/finance driven.

I am very pleased that he chose Tessa. I feel that the connection is stronger emotionally that he had with Bevin. I did feel very sad for Bevin but "that is how this show works." I wish Tessa and Andy the very best and can't wait to see tonight's show.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ldcook77;2412182;

Fort...that is sort of what we do at FORT. We over analyze, critique, challenge and give our often unsustantiated opinions! That's what makes this place so great!
    I totaly understand everything about over analyzing and critique and give opinions. I do. Everyone has a right to their opinion... I am just talking about all the posters who put down and degrade them if their "fav" wasn't "picked". I think some people take it to the extreme and forget that these are people too, Andy, Tessa and Bevin.

Andy has picked Tessa. And all of us who favored Bevin are thoroughly disappointed…. First I want to say is that we on the Bevin side all realize it is Andy’s choice… And we wish him & Tessa all the luck in the world…. Bevin handled her exit a lot better than many thought she would. However, I was not surprised… I think there is more to her than a lot of folks realized. And I thought she handled her departure with dignity and style… And with all that , I personally want to make a few observations….

I do believe there was alot of his family's influence here... Grandpa was concerned about the religion of the girls, and had to be explained what Baha’i was, even though she didn’t practice it. The family was also concerned about Bevin being involved in a study for sexual dysfunction… This is Stanford University, so it is not fly-by-night. As much as poor Amber’s family acting like jerks not influencing his decision, so the fact that the family approving of both girls doesn’t jive either… They, I think, told him to pick Tessa. Remember Lt Andy’s sister on “The View” back at the beginning saying the family approved of his choice. They may not have been specifically told who he picked. But they know who he chose… Remember who got the last rose, and the only two exceptions where it didn’t follow…

I am on the West Coast and I cheated, looking here for the outcome... I cannot believe how blatant it was.... how he led Bevin on... All these folks waxing about how wonderful it is... But the way he was schmoozing around with Bevin on the last date was ridiculous....

I give the relationship 3-6 months… That is all…

Now I don’t agree that his family was pulling for Bevin. As I said above, I believe the opposite, but “Maggie5” has cogent observations about what Tessa must have been thinking. Andy is saying, “It was all part of the process”? Well, Andy was processing too much with Bevin. Even Travis held back from Moana after the Fantasy dates…

I will say that my wife was so irritated that after the show she said, “I don’t buy it. Something is wrong here. This is not real… I do not buy it. He did not sell it to me.” Then after she goes off on this show, she goes off on PLo, and talks about his going through the 3 different women, and saved her best shot for Travis, calling him an idiotic snob, and talking about how he treated Moana and Kristen. “Where did they find that guy?”, she asked. “He didn’t care.”

Though a long term fan of the show, she is fed up with the producers in their bachelor selection. The only person she said anything nice about was Charlie O’Connell….

Now, my wife is someone who was a Tessa fan at the beginning, but, after seeing the show and after saying the above said, “I don’t feel sympathy for her (Tessa) anymore…” I asked her “Do you mean it doesn’t pass the smell test?” She said yes…. Now my wife and I have disagreed since the beginning, and in the early going last night it ran true to form, however when she saw the final dates play out she was surprised… She went from a person who favored Tessa, and thought he would choose Bevin… To someone who had much sympathy for Bevin, disgust for Andy, and ambivalence towards Tessa… I had not told her of my knowledge, because I thought she would be pleased, and did not want to spoil the surprise… But she was not pleased…

And finally, something no one has thought of… Those clandestine videos… What must Tessa think of those? Particularly the video, with no one watching in the kayak, and him wangling for the kiss!

I understand that Tessa and Bevin are friends... That is good... And it speaks well of both of them... Especially after what we have all seen. For in the end, they may both be too good for the Lieutennant, or as I now call him, Doc v.2.
    Last edited by fluff; 05-28-2007 at 04:49 PM. Reason: removed quoted post from another site

FORT Regular

They will last. Andy is ready for marriage, and Tessa found love - not looking for it, but as she said, he's filled a void that she didn't know existed.

Well....what is done is done. SO...why not hope for the best for Andy and Tessa? I am rooting for them all the way. If Bevin would have been a better fit for Andy then he would have CHOSE her! But he didn't! I think that if the question were reversed....if Andy would have chosen Bevin and we were asked if that relationship would last I would be more than likely to say NO. They do not have the same belief system, very different life views and it certainly seemed to me to be a relationship built more on passion ( which would wear off quickly) than the foundation of friendship and passion which more often than not will stand the test of time.

I wish the very best for Bevin. NONE of US have been through this process called "The Bachelor." We are outside observers. It is very clear that we only saw a VERY edited love story. Yet it was there if you wanted to see it.

I am SO happy for Tessa. She is a lovely young women and I for one will be cheering them on as I would have had Andy chosen Bevin. But He DIDN'T. To be twarted in love is painful. It would be even more painful if it was not meant to be.

I also think that after the amount of time that Andy and Tessa have had to rehash all of the show, Tessa gets it or they would not continue to be together and SO excited for their future together. This is certainly NOT the way that I would have chosen to find my mate....but here we are. Tessa and Andy are engaged. Bevin was not the one Andy chose. AND if the tables were turned Tessa would have been just as devastated.

+ Reply to Thread