+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 207 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2411935;
    He's definitely a fame whore. He had a website, a MySpace and lots of publicity pictures even before the show started. Aside from this, pretty much everybody who goes on this show, no matter how hard they try to protest, is a fameho. Even Tessa. She wouldn't be on here if she was so averse to publicity. She'd be home watching this crap from a safe distance instead.

ITA. However, I think we're all fame whores to some degree -- seems only natural to me, basic biology really -- and that Andy is quite a bit higher on the fame-whore scale than Tessa. I think if somebody's high on the scale, they most likely will have a hard time coupled with somebody who's significantly lower on the scale -- something about the annoyance of getting dragged around as a stage prop by your significant other!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KrisRose821;2412004;
    I do definitely agree she walked out of there with class, but she kinda changed that in the limo... that was interesting to say the least. But it was horrible.
    I've heard some of the rejected say that they'll just keep driving you around until you lose it, so I suppose she had to break down in the limo or she would never have gotten to go to bed that night.

That's the part that makes me think I'm really participating in something deeply evil by watching these shows. If they'd just let people say what they wanted to say when rejected then it would be okay. But the fact that they torture you until you get hysterical or enraged kind of crosses a big ethical line for me -- and yet I watch. Argh.

Again, I repeat "wait until tonight". We've seen the ABC fool-the-viewer edit of this romance and nothing more. Last night again I saw kisses that stopped and moved to the next line of dialogue between Andy and Tessa.

Bevin was a great bachelorette wild-child. She managed to garner her own set of adoring fans even though ABC tried hard to make her look so wrong for this guy. You couldn't help but love her inspite of the fact that she made the whole process look like a competition with sex as a prize. Her spunk and her ability to express her feelings without reservations gave the edit it's contrast. She's darn likable and even the weakness that kept popping up (probably without merit and due to the edit) didn't dim the fact that the girl has a heavy dose of charisma.

I was a Tessa fan, but if he had picked Bevin, that would have been okay with me though I wouldn't have given the relationship much hope. Opposites attract, but common interests and values make for an easier life.

FORT Newbie

I'm curious as to whether Danielle or Bevin slipped Andy thier phone numbers, 'just in case". LOL

Last night after reading on the board for two hours and then knowing the ending, I tried to watch for things that would tell me something we kayakers might have missed.

My ending feeling = Tesse was going to F2 from the helicopter IF Andy could get her there.

I do not think we kayakers were wrong in our assessment. Andy was crazy about Bevin and I still believe everything he said about her was true. I think he loves her. He loved her family, they had wonderful times together, they loved the wild outdoors hiking together. He was completely full of Bevin when he was with her. No criticism/doubts came through in the Fleissian cocoon. He and Bevin on a tropical island would work. He and Bevin in his world might not.

Tesse was the one he was happiest with, most normal with, the most comfortable. Notice he is always drinking beer with Tesse? He offered her one at home and no one else had one? Everything they did was easy, comfortable. They fit. We never saw the spark or if there was one, we didnít recognize it. She is the runner, the jokster, up for anything. They did have a lot in common. But with Tesse, there was always the doubt that she liked him enough - and I think it was real. I think she was like her edit - mostly. I think Andy is still that dorky kid who wants the cheerleader. She made him feel like a King.

Bevin was adventuresome, but perhaps reckless. Bevin gave her heart perhaps recklessly. Tesse was more controlled and had more common sense. She loves with her head first - like Andy.

I don't think we had an answer to the finale until tonight. No matter what some say, I don't think Tesse was a front runner any more than Bevin.

I think I underestimated how crutial the opinions of Andy's family would be. A constant theme with Andy was his family and that he wanted one like his own. He really meant those things. When have we ever had a FRC that pivoted on the family opinion - Firestone, maybe. The most telling thing for me tonight was his families assessment of why he liked each girl. And I think they covered all bases. They seem to know him well. His sister was dead on.

Lets face it, Andy wants to be liked. He loved that Bevin loved him unconditionally. He loved the rush he felt with her. And I think he liked the "wild child" image of Bevin. Insulting huh? But I do think he loved her. When he was nervous and worried about how his family would like Bevin, that did it for me. How awful for both of them if Andy was always worried about what Bevin might say. How she might be percieved, How to answer questions about her tattoos and whatever. If Bevin was so perfect for him, he would have been confident those things would not matter. I also think Bevin went into the family date to challenge him on those things Ė perhaps intentionally

He loved Tesse, evidently. Or he thinks he does and he thinks she fits better also. And she fits his family and his life. I felt that Bevin was a huge leap of faith for him and thought his "dig down deep" statement pertained to her. Now I think it pertained to proposing. I think his families opinions were the deciding factors, or his own feelings about her when she was with his family. He may have told Bevin he loved her, but I think he knew then he was not marrying her.

He wanted to be pardoned. He wanted Sadie's speech. She didn't give it to him, thank goodness. I am anxious to see tomorrow night. I think he proposed because he cannot believe his good luck to get the prom queen. And he is not letting her go. I hope she really reciprocates his feelings.

Why did Fleiss change the positioning? Perhaps the sunset. Maybe Andy goofed and once the thing is started, they cannot stop him. I am betting the next FRC the F1 will be on our right. It was a fitting proposal for the two of them - sort of dorky and goofy and spontaneous. Yet when they need to clean up, they will be spectacular.

I think you all pinpointed the themes exactly. Only Fleiss did a wonderful job this time in doling out clues, and there wasn't an answer as to which story line would triumph until his family had their input. All the rest of the waffling was Fleiss after that - oh and Andy's not wanting to be a cad, I think. I wonder if the helicopter with Bevin was a test. Like activities - unlike experiences.

Wherever Tesse got her dress, it was a size too small. And that is not being snarky. It was lovely and a shame that it didnít quite fit. If she brought it with her, she didn't get enough time to work out when she was there. Why didn't someone get her a better size?

I guess we are all looking for someone who will fit into our family and into our life and love us unconditionally. I wonder if Andy and Bevin would eventually find their attitudes too divergent for comfort. I can see Andy and Tesse having a long "engagement" because I don't think Tesse is ready to marry him. (But I do think she is up for an adventure and will travel anywhere without hesitation.) They may be like our other "successful" couples Mary/Byron and Charlie/Sarah. I hope it works for them.

Sorry for the post, I had to do psychobabble one last time. Watching the show after reading the board was probably easier. I even forgot that Bevin's getting out of the limo first was the defining moment and had to remind myself to gasp
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

FORT Fanatic

Because Tessa is a strong-willed and extremely mature woman I don't know if she will fit into Andy's dream of how his life will be. No one knows how things will turn out in any relationship so I wouldn't venture a guess as to how long or if they last at all.

Based on past history and the fact that you really don't know the person you are accepting a proposal from in the end...I have my doubts.

Tessa is a quiet thinker and she probably genuinely felt love for Andy by the FRC...will that last? Can she give up her own dreams and goals to fit in with Andy's views and lifestyle...I don't know.

I'm not sure that either woman would have dropped their goals and lifestyle plans for a man with such a set in stone set of rules. They both worked hard to pursue their careers of choice and to suddenly become a military spouse, possibly having to move from place to place and remain the loyal wife who is barefoot and pregnant seems out of character for both Bevin and Tessa.

Time will tell but I am not feeling like I watched a happily ever after..at least not at this point.

The most honest part of this show was the fact that Andy never veered from his intended lifestyle and that the women were not great beauties (looking like models) like previous shows. They were attractive but not ravishingly gorgeous. Both had flaws and Andy wasn't looking for the most beautiful (much to his credit). Maybe that will change the curse of the Bachelor?

FORT Newbie

Okay, I just have to say...

Who are we to say they will make it or not, who are we to judge them! They all went on this show knowing full well it may not work out in the end. And I for one am totally in awe of these 25 ladies for doing this show, for putting themselves out there in this crazy dating process. I know I could never and would never do any reality tv show, esp. TB. I will not judge them because I haven't walked a mile in their shoes!

With that said, I wish the best of luck to Andy and Tessa! They truly have made this season of TB more enjoyable for me to watch!

FORT Regular

I have several thoughts on this question.

First--as I mentioned on another thread--the energy I was picking up from Andy when he was with Bevin was from his Root Chakra--which is the energy involved in the basic needs of life--most specifically sexual energy as it relates to reproduction.

The energy I sensed from him when he was with Tessa was from his Heart and Third Eye chakras--symbolizing connections of love and philosophical wisdom and similarities.

Based on that I would say that Tessa is more likely suited to Andy over the very long haul while Bevin is a good match in terms of physicality.

My other thought has to do with something he said about Tessa that keeps bothering me. He said several times how "classy" she is.

There's nothing wrong with classy--and nothing wrong with his liking that. The problem I foresee is how will he like her when she changes (as all people do over time) and is perhaps not so "classy" but becomes something else?

This of course is the basic problem in any longterm relationship. It's something that seems to be obvious right now--that Andy is indeed very "traditional" in what he wants/expects from a wife.

The question ultimately is--how much deviation from his expectations can he accept?

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2412125;

Tesse was the one he was happiest with, most normal with, the most comfortable. Notice he is always drinking beer with Tesse? He offered her one at home and no one else had one? Everything they did was easy, comfortable. They fit. We never saw the spark or if there was one, we didnít recognize it. She is the runner, the jokster, up for anything. They did have a lot in common. But with Tesse, there was always the doubt that she liked him enough - and I think it was real. I think she was like her edit - mostly. [U
    I think Andy is still that dorky kid who wants the cheerleader. She made him feel like a King.[/U]
    I just wanted to comment on this part in bold simply because I almost disagree..

I was not a bevin fan, but I do think that if he was just a dorky kid who wanted his cheerleader he would have gone for Bevin. I do think bevin was STUNNING and all the attention she gave him made him feel wanted and like a "king"

I just think in the long run, we saw a lot of things that made it seem even and equal and tonight we'll find out how neck in neck the race to the andy finish line really was
    "Sometimes I wonder if Navy ships are like Broadway musicals behind the scenes, like there's a ton of champagne and singing and dancing and guys wearing tight white suits or walking around without shirts on and complimenting each other's six-pack stomachs. Maybe that's just what I envision when I imagine Andy working on a Navy ship." Sportsgal

Their body language in the ATFR show will be a good indicator.

+ Reply to Thread