+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 207 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

I do believe that Andy will think about Bevin and wonder what if he had taken the risk
    I think guys do that all the time. Women too. We all wondered why Travis wouldnt take that risk with Moana. And she has said recently that they still talk "all the time". But yet, even though both were single (dont know if they are now) after the pressure cooker of the show was over, he still didnt choose to try later with Moana. Travis was so very taken with her. But in his judgment, they would not make it as a couple. So he chose not to try.
    I think that Andy knows what he needs and wants. He was very good at judging personalities and dumping the women who were not compatible with him. Excellent in fact. Many , if not most, men have felt real electricity with a woman they choose not to marry. That doesnt denigrate their love or their marriages.
    Refraining from taking a risk is a negative thing only if it prevents you from finding what you want in life and going after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki_Sue;2411966;
    I think they have a shot. I think that because Tessa was so guarded she really wanted to take the time, more so than others, to be sure before she spilled her feelings. She even said, that she hoped that it wasn't too little too late.

I was on the Tessa-train all the way. However, I felt so badly for Bevin. Honestly I thought she would rip him a new one. I was so proud of her for walking out of there with class. Do I think that Andy loved her too? Yes I do. I think that he loved both, but he was in love with only one of them. Do I think he should have told Bevin "I love you"? Of course not.

I think we need to wait and see where the conversations lead tonight at the ATFC. I think Tessa & Bevin will give each other great big hugs. At least I hope so. I hope that Bevin asks Andy some tough questions. She deserves that chance. But, Bevin has always understood the process. She was not afraid to put herself out there. She knew what was at risk with the whole thing. I think we will see that she is not bitter and has come out of this stronger.

SWINGING IN THE HAMMOCK.......
    I do definitely agree she walked out of there with class, but she kinda changed that in the limo... that was interesting to say the least. But it was horrible.

I definitely agree that Tessa was guarded. I think I would be too if I were on camera constantly around a guy I wanted to get to know. I would be SO nervous and shy I wouldn't know what to do or say. But it came down to it. She "gets" Him. Look at the way he glowed when she made him the collage.. THAT was a great gift and he showed how much he loved it..
    It was very indicative of their relationship, they're goofy and they had a goofy picture... and she went the distance to make him something that was very meaningful.. and I think it showed him what kind of person she'll be in their relationship.

She didn't just tell him she loved him at the end because she felt she had to. She waited because she wanted it to be true. She looked him the EYES everytime she talked to him. I LOVE THAT... there is nothing more honest than a person who can look you in the eyes.

Lets send them the hammock we were swinging on for them and their kiddos!
    "Sometimes I wonder if Navy ships are like Broadway musicals behind the scenes, like there's a ton of champagne and singing and dancing and guys wearing tight white suits or walking around without shirts on and complimenting each other's six-pack stomachs. Maybe that's just what I envision when I imagine Andy working on a Navy ship." Sportsgal

Andy did love Bevin, but not as a future wife. Since both went the FRC very nervous, I don't think anything he said gave it away. They understood he contractually could not express his feelings in that way, which is why (1) they were both unsure of the outcome and (2) they both expressed this to the camera.

Editing plays such a part in all of this. The friggin'-love-you statements were not professing love, but I think maybe one "his" things. Neither girl seemed to think this made them the winner based on their mood going into the finale.

Do I think they will make it? I hope so. They seem well-suited and she certainly makes him act like a little boy. I think he's crazy about her, but Bevin was great too.

Wonderful show!

FORT Newbie

This is my first time posting on here, but I've been reading what people have been posting about Andy and Tessa's relationship. IMO I also think that we are not in any place to judge Andy and Tessa's relationship. We are not Andy or Tessa, and if I remember correctly they are the one's in the relationship. As Andy said in his past interviews the past is past, they are focusing on the future. Yes, they did meet and fell in love on a reality tv show, which makes the situation a little bit more complicated, but now that we know Tessa is the one Andy proposed to we should just be happy for them. it's hard on all of them Andy, Tessa, and Bevin to watch these episodes and have the feelings come back. Give em a break. Even though it's a show, it's real feelings that are shown. We shouldn't say that they will only last 2 weeks, 2 months, 6 months, and so on. We were all fans of the show whether we were Bevin or Tessa fans, and I know for a fact that we would have seen the same reaction if Bevin was chosen. Let's just wish them all the best and hopefully people realize not to judge others just because of what they see on tv. I'm sure both girls are great in person and the same goes with Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;2411958;
    I couldn't agree with you more.
    I also agree with you. This did not appear a love story but a good movie edit.

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;2412027;
    I also agree with you. This did not appear a love story but a good movie edit.
    Let's wait until tonight and see what we see. Since the surprise element is so important to the entertainment value of the show, we obviously saw only what they wanted us to see. It makes sense they wanted us to believe that Bevin was in the running in a major way.

I remember see the out-takes after Jen and Andrew and thinking that there was so much going on between them. Before that, I thought Andrew had perhaps been influenced by his family to choose her, which obviously was not the case. We just didn't see the parts that let us know that no one else really had a chance.

How many believed that Matt won Mer's heart when the opposite was true. She fell for Ian in the first week and had trouble getting through the show.

This is one of those situations where you can't believe what you see.

Quote Originally Posted by glowgirl;2412037;
    Let's wait until tonight and see what we see. Since the surprise element is so important to the entertainment value of the show, we obviously saw only what they wanted us to see. It makes sense they wanted us to believe that Bevin was in the running in a major way.

I remember see the out-takes after Jen and Andrew and thinking that there was so much going on between them. Before that, I thought Andrew had perhaps been influenced by his family to choose her, which obviously was not the case. We just didn't see the parts that let us know that no one else really had a chance.

How many believed that Matt won Mer's heart when the opposite was true. She fell for Ian in the first week and had trouble getting through the show.

This is one of those situations where you can't believe what you see.

i agree glowgirl.....i felt that way about jenn and andrew as well..then i saw the outtakes and i was like OMG...nobody stood a chance...

i would also like to say i am sorry but the whole "tessa didnt mean that she loved him and how "convenien" that she told him the final night that she loved him" if my memory is faulty i will apologize...but did bevin come out and say that she loved andy before the last night(to him i mean??)..i also thought at BOTH hometowns, they both said that they were falling in love with andy(but said it in a PI)...and then they both become more aware of it in Hawaii...but as i recall...>BOTH said it for the first time last night to him..and i really dont think(but again i dont know tessa)she would just say it just to say it....i dont think she had to say it if she didnt want too, those statements about her doing that b/c of pressure could be true in that she knew she HAD to to let him know where she was with their relationship..she had verbalized it only to herself but not to him, so i feel in that way, she had to let him know but i dont think it was for the reasons that are being suggested....bevin and tessa BOTH loved him....and he LOVED BOTH women..in different ways though
    Sing it!!-Arizona Robbins

I firmly believe they're in it for the long haul.

One of the most telling scenes with Bevin from a previous episode is the one where she's at home with her father, and says to him, "When am I ever going to meet another guy like that?" She seemed to regard Andy as a catch and an opportunity.

I don't doubt they all did really "love" each other to one extent or another at the end.

But Tessa seemed less needy, desperate and clingy, and was there to make a connection. Her natural suspicion of the process actually made her appear somewhat more honest and open, in contrast with Bevin's reluctance to share earlier with Andy any information regarding her previous marriage.

Despite a flawed process, Tessa and Andy both appear to be people who take the outcome seriously and will invest in its success. I expect in coming years they'll be doing triathalons together, with beautiful children waiting at the finish line (happily photographed by "Uncle Gatsby/Mitch").

Slow and steady might not be exciting, but it does win the race.

I vote for this being a lifelong relationship, with children, grandchildren, and a marriage to rival Andy's parents and grandparents. Much happiness to them both.

FORT Newbie

This is my first time posting here. I just watched the FRC on ABC.com and I was sad Bevin lost out, but my sis-in-law has watched all of The Bachelor shows and said Andy acted differently than the other bachelors in many ways.

I had never watched the show before so I had nothing to compare it to, but although I wanted Bevin to win I thought Andy might not be able to get past her teen marraige so I figured he'd pick Tessa.

Tessa was a LOT of work for him and my sis-in-law says Andy was struck by "I must conquer" syndrome with Tessa. I agree. I think it became important to him to win Tessa over and in the end it came down to that because he strikes me as very traditional. "Me Tarzan, you Jane".

Bevin wasn't nearly as much of a challenge for him although he had sexual chemistry with her. In the beginning, that chemistry stood out because although he was attracted toTessa she wasn't as openly affectionate as Bevin. Open affection seems important to Andy, but I guess in the end he realized that the chemistry with Bevin could only take them so far and Tessa could learn to be more affectionate over time, but Bevin's previous marraige couldn't be erased.

I don't care for Tessa personally. I think she's a bit standoffish, but I think she was the right choice out of all the other contestants. She won't embarrass him in public as a Naval officer.

I'm just glad he didn't fall for that psycho Stephanie that he gave the first rose to. I was so happy he got rid of all the drama queens after the trip to Tahoe. I loved how Kate, who probably realized there was no chemistry with her and Andy and that she wouldn't get a rose anyway, helped him by throwing the drama queens under the bus as she left.

All in all, I don't think Andy and Tessa will last, but who knows? She seems nice enough and if he's hapy, I'm glad for him.

LisaB

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2412002;
    I think guys do that all the time. Women too. We all wondered why Travis wouldnt take that risk with Moana. And she has said recently that they still talk "all the time". But yet, even though both were single (dont know if they are now) after the pressure cooker of the show was over, he still didnt choose to try later with Moana. Travis was so very taken with her. But in his judgment, they would not make it as a couple. So he chose not to try.
    I think that Andy knows what he needs and wants. He was very good at judging personalities and dumping the women who were not compatible with him. Excellent in fact. Many , if not most, men have felt real electricity with a woman they choose not to marry. That doesnt denigrate their love or their marriages.
    Refraining from taking a risk is a negative thing only if it prevents you from finding what you want in life and going after it.

Very well stated!!

+ Reply to Thread