+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 207 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;2420644;
    Exactly, I think many of these reality shows are somewhat scripted. Especially this type of show. I thought the same thing about for love or money and does anybody remember the one that was something like this? I think Simon from AI was involved somehow. There were 2 friends trying to help a girl find a husband.
    "The Bachelor" has actual writers who work for the show who are not credited as writers. There were some articles about a year ago that revealed that many reality shows employ writers to, er, beef up the action. They even sued producers at one point in connection with their compensation. "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" were specifically mentioned. One article called them "storytellers". Just google "reality show writers" for an enlightening experience...
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2417400;
    Maybe he was told where to sit or maybe he wanted to keep Tessa away from Rosie.
    This is from several days ago, but I HAD to comment because this is HILARIOUS!!! My impression at the time was they had been told where to sit and Andy was just paying more attention to that since he'd been doing this for a while. BUT ... I laughed out loud at your post. Thanks for the laugh!
    Last edited by Marleybone; 05-28-2007 at 11:04 PM.

This paragraph from anothers post ....

My four grandparents are English, Welsh, Scottish, and Irish, and I've more than once referred to myself as a 'mutt' or a 'Heinz 57.'
    What's more, my husband's grandparents are Chinese, English, Scottish, and Irish, so in our family, it's a regular joke that we're 'mutts', and we also joke that that's the reason we're all so gorgeous. ;-)
    Knowing how Tessa has a great sense of humour, as well as a a sure sense of herself, I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if the mutt description came from her originally, and is now another shared joke betrwen the two of them.

That's exactly what I thought. My family is a mix of Irish, German, French Canadian, and Dutch, My Children are all that plus Polish, with some extra German thrown in, so we always use the word Mutt around here. I'm sure it's a family joke with Tessa also.

Also someone was wondering about the dog tags they (Andy and Tessa) were wearing. They made them for each other on her hometown date in Washington DC. My son has a pair he made when he visited the capitol.
    Last edited by Turtlekeeper; 05-27-2007 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlekeeper;2420992;
    This paragraph from anothers post ....

My four grandparents are English, Welsh, Scottish, and Irish, and I've more than once referred to myself as a 'mutt' or a 'Heinz 57.'
    What's more, my husband's grandparents are Chinese, English, Scottish, and Irish, so in our family, it's a regular joke that we're 'mutts', and we also joke that that's the reason we're all so gorgeous. ;-)
    Knowing how Tessa has a great sense of humour, as well as a a sure sense of herself, I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if the mutt description came from her originally, and is now another shared joke betrwen the two of them.

That's exactly what I thought. My family is a mix of Irish, German, French Canadian, and Dutch, My Children are all that plus Polish, with some extra German thrown in, so we always use the word Mutt around here. I'm sure it's a family joke with Tessa also.

Also someone was wondering about the dog tags they (Andy and Tessa) were wearing. They made them for each other on her hometown date in Washington DC. My son has a pair he made when he visited the capitol.
    I understand what you and the person you quoted are saying and that's great but a lot of biracial people don't like the word "MUTT" and find it offensive so just because some people thinks it's okay and laugh about it that doesnt mean that others won't be offended and find it insensitive.

I'm biracial and I think it's a rude term

The other poster also said that her blonde friend thinks blonde jokes are just great and she even collects them... good for her but lots of blondes hate them and think they are an insulting form of humour... as a matter of fact the office that i work in had complaints from 2 of the blonde ladies on our staff because a couple of the salesmen had a habit of goofing around and telling blonde jokes. The boss issued a memo warning people about insensitive conversation regarding other peoples race, appearance etc.
    The blonde jokes ceased!

Just because some biracial people or some blondes dont mind doesnt make it an "okay" or "appropriate" thing to say.

There's a time and place for everything and national television or public media events arent the place for anyone (including Tessa) to refer to "biracial" as a "mutt"
    Last edited by Cleocatra; 05-27-2007 at 06:00 PM.

FORT Fogey

I'm biracial and I call myself mutt all the time.

FORT Newbie

I'm not blonde & I dislike hearing dumb blonde comments. It does sound like a form of racism or prejudice.

Anyways, apparently Tessa likes making dumb blonde jokes so I guess she wouldn't mind being called "mutt".

She might be from a rich family but apparently, she isn't that classy (good manners). She's willing to be friends with a mean girl (Samantha- hometown visit). Tessa and Samantha's classmates said that Samantha was a bully in high school and I believe it.

Maybe Tessa and Andy do deserve each other then.

We hardly know Tessa because she didn't receive much air time.

What we did see, you'd think that Tessa would want a high-quality husband- the best of the best. But I guess not. She'll take anybody who *looks* like Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangler;2421115;
    I'm not blonde & I dislike hearing dumb blonde comments. It does sound like a form of racism or prejudice.

Anyways, apparently Tessa likes making dumb blonde jokes so I guess she wouldn't mind being called "mutt".

She might be from a rich family but apparently, she isn't that classy (good manners). She's willing to be friends with a mean girl (Samantha- hometown visit). Tessa and Samantha's classmates said that Samantha was a bully in high school and I believe it.

What we did see, you'd think that Tessa would want a high-quality husband- the best of the best. But I guess not. She'll take anybody who *looks* like Andy.
    I think people either get Tessa's humor or they don't. I got it. Her jokes were so corny that you had to laugh. The jokes in and of themselves were not funny, in fact they were very elementary, but the fact that she can walk up to a stranger on national TV and tell such a corny joke and not be embarrassed about it was what was so endearing about her. It's her having the guts to tell the joke was what was so funny and cute about her. She is one very confident girl.

As far as Tessa wanting a high-quality husband, the best of the best...it's up to her who she thinks fits this description. Besides, YOU don't think she's classy, so why do you THINK she'd want a high-quality husband? Wouldn't that be going against what you think about her lacking class?
    Flight for two on JedAir.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangler;2421115;

Good post starspangled

Tessa likes to refer to herself as a "mutt" and doesnt mind Andy referring to her as a "sweaty mutt"... hey if the flea collar fits she's welcome to it.

FORT Regular

I think we need to put this discussion to rest. These are real people. They aren't celebrities who are coached in all they say - they aren't even used to being in the limelight (well, to a certain extent). Maybe this was inappropriate, but they don't owe us anything. If its ok with Tessa, then that's all Andy needs to worry about. I don't think they really care what other people are saying - just about each other and getting back to normal lives together.
    Last edited by hepcat; 05-27-2007 at 07:58 PM.

I am really perplexed by some of the issues here. I watched the ATFR expecting to see Andy groping Bevin, and he was just being comforting her. He's a physical, touchy-feely guy. No, that would not be my favorite attritbute in a boyfriend, but that's him. He felt guilty for upsetting her. The rest of their body language was pretty closed to each other, IMO. The mutt, armpit, etc. jokes are all just inside jokes for them; they have an offbeat sense of humor. They are getting to know each other, including the "hairy details" so to speak. The only reason Tessa made a blonde joke was that the show very obviously split them into blonde and brunette groups on that boat, and someone had to break the tension after Tina picked his teeth.

+ Reply to Thread