+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

I wonder if this isn't all staged. I truly do. Fliess needed this one to work. He needed it bad. It could be a set up and the girls in the house would be none the wiser if Tessa was a ringer. Wasn't there a spy in the house before?

Then I read stargazer and I wonder if Andy could pull a sting off? LOL

Then I remember he is military and could be a pro at deceit..............

I don't buy the happy love story. I didn't see it happen before my eyes and I don't see it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2420473;
    It changes my perception because people who understand how reality tv gets made should know better - should know that things get manipulatedand should know that someone will get led on until the bitter end. I hold insider's to a slightly different standard based on their knowledge. She should have used that knowledge to her advantage, if she did have it.
    She should have known to protect herself ,and not to make assumptions - "there's no way I wont get the rose".
    So you are agreeing with me that Andy was crossing the line in his manipulation of Bevin. Don't understand how she was to protect herself when he is all snuggling, telling her he loves her and choses to tango with her

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangler;2420436;
    Andy is not that good looking.

He is good enough for a woman desperate to marry.

Tessa, Bevin and the other Bachelorettes can find better guys (inside and out).

Just hope that Tessa realizes this too.

I get the vibe that Andy has bad manners low class = pregnancy joke on The Bachelor reunion, touching Bevin on the reunion show (as if they were on a Bachelor date), calling biracial Tessa a mutt (Hawaii interview), saying that Tessa sweats a lot from her armpits (interview).

Tessa can find a better guy.

Bevin can find a better guy.
    Yes I think Tessa and Andy will last. They will have to work at it like anyother couple. That is a part of life. They have the sense to stick with it. Tessa is strong. Andy loves Tessa.

Andy is a goofball and jokes around so does Tessa. The pregnancy joke did not bother Tessa.

The knee to me is a non issue, when I saw it it did not look sexual or anything. Tessa knows Andy she will know. Not only that the more time she spends with his family she will know even better.

Reporters were asking what they discovered about each other. Everyone sweats, so nothing personal was given away. Fast talking and avoiding the personal things.

I did not hear the mutt on a video, so I can not comment. I agree it is not nice thing to say. Even though very unflattering , it now means any mixture. I will not pass judgement on Andy. Let Tessa deal with it.

As long as everyone lets then lead their life and they get the support all new couples need, they will do great.

Skeptics can be draining. Hopefully Tessa and Andy do not find to many in Hawaii.

It was funny when Andy said people in the street used to call out pick Tessa.

I am sure Tessa will receive a warm welcome from Andy's friends and coworkers. That will go along way in helping the couple last.
    Last edited by canuckinchile; 05-27-2007 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by momsunshine;2420485;
    I wonder if this isn't all staged. I truly do. Fliess needed this one to work. He needed it bad. It could be a set up and the girls in the house would be none the wiser if Tessa was a ringer. Wasn't there a spy in the house before?

Then I read stargazer and I wonder if Andy could pull a sting off? LOL

Then I remember he is military and could be a pro at deceit..............

I don't buy the happy love story. I didn't see it happen before my eyes and I don't see it yet.
    who knows... I wouldnt put anything past Fliess

The whole thing seems a little too scripted and while I think Andy and Tessa felt something for each other in the house... maybe more comfortable who knows... but whatever it is... I don't think it will wind up being a life long commitment and marriage.

I give em till about August and it will be history.

Did Andy manipulate - sure. That's the entire foundation upon which this show is built. Fleiss manipulates them all . And the Bachelor, ( or Bachelorette) has to do his bidding. Absolutely has to lead someone on.More than one someone. It happens every season. It will continue to happen every season. I dont love that aspect of the show, but neither do I find it morally repugnant. Which is why I can watch the show, and not feel like a hypocrite.
    In this season, I actually felt that Andy had some substantial feelings for Bevin. I didnt see it until the end. But I have never seen a bachelor so upset at the FRC as Andy was with Bevin. But that does not reduce the chances that Andy and Tessa will last.
    fandango said it best, so I am bringing that post over from the Thoughts and comments thread. I could never be this articulate in a million years.
    Re: Thoughts and Comments in General
    what I find intriguing about this show, why I continue to watch it and even enjoy it, even though our role as voyeurs is necessarily a bit tawdry, especially given the pain that is built into the infrastructure of the premise, is that the layers and layers of UNREALITY that filter what we viewers see do ultimately still allow occasional but vivid glimpses into the raw emotion of real human encounters. It's all the more precious to be privy to this, like a coin found in the mud, precisely because of the context. And seeing people grapple with these universal but fundamentally personal emotions in this artificial set up invites all of us to reflect not only on our essential longings and fears, but also on the ways our most personal experiences are organized in universal ways. Because really, it's not just the editing that complicates things, or the nature of the show itself, with its constrained time frame and the multiple simultaneous developing relationships. I mean, isn't the project of falling in love already fraught with mystery? And don't we all, when feeling our way through the dark as our experiences unfold, try to find what's real and then express it within the framework of narratives by which we understand the world? There are certain conventions or markers which signal thresholds and milestones, certain gestures or words that convey entire packets of information. And we're always having to interpret these signs from others and choose what and how we communicate our own tremulous feelings. And the circumstances push us in certain directions. It's for this reason that I can forgive Andy for his declarations of love for/to Bevin and his gestures of intent intimacy with her. He had committed himself to the narrative of the show. The narrative required him to continue investing in each relationship until the end. When he's with Bevin, with everything around them set up to depict and also create ROMANCE, and with Bevin lobbing all the progressions of love, and I don't doubt that for her this was heartfelt, it's impossible that he wouldn't respond, and I don't doubt that this was heartfelt for him as well, with the narrative that is appropriate to that moment. He was drawn to her and had actively explored her as an option. It is heady to be loved. To me it is a sign of his sweetness and openness that he made his emotions available and once having committed himself to the project of the show, allowed himself to be pulled along by the narrative. Do I think that this means that he was truly conflicted until the end? Not for a moment! The fact of the still unexplained dogtags and the unique and persistent "Tessa will you PLEASE accept this rose" are huge signs. I think he knew early on that it was Tessa. But I also don't think he was leading Bevin on in a deliberately cruel way. I just don't think he's a phony person and since he did obviously care about Bevin and was committed to enacting these intimacies with her, he responded with exactly what we all understand to be the way one responds to those cues. I don't think that has to diminish what I would like to believe are his real feelings and relationship with Tessa.
    That said, I just want to add that I thoroughly appreciated this installment for the intelligence exhibited by the participants. It's possible that Fleiss has just not allowed us to see such depth before, but I thought the conversations had so much more substance than we've previously witnessed. His family's discussions about the women really pushed on ideas of what love and comittment mean. Bevin I thought had real moments of insight and grace, especially toward the end. And most of all Tessa, who in spite of or maybe even because of her awkwardness with the situation, was poignant and incredibly touching as she struggled to respond only to the parts of the narrative as they became real to her, and whose ideas of love focused less on roses and some ideal man, but on that man and who she is when she's with him. Which just so happened to be something magic. All in all very lovely I think, no matter what happens to them after this. Even in this overly constructed scenario, we get to think about what a mystery and miracle love is, how utterly ineffable, how it's not the symbols of romance or a list with boxes to check, not something we choose, but something that chooses us. Emily Dickenson has a poem, "Why do I love you sir? Because the wind does not require the grass to answer, wherefore when he pass she cannot keep her place."

FORT Newbie

..but with Andy..its like...no one seems to see anything he does wrong..its almost to the point of "hero worship" and a "he is on a pedastal" and can do NO wrong. I do find this strange...
    You described it perfectly.

Please ladies... when you meet a guy who wants to marry you, he has to be worthy of your time, body and soul.

You have to question the things that he does which bother you.

Let's face it- there are nice guys and there are bad guys.

Someone claiming to be one of Andy's ex-girlfriends started a thread- she said that Andy is a womanizer and a cheater. She doubts that Andy can remain faithful in a relationship. Some people believed her, others didn't. Some posted stories of their own regarding bad boyfriends. Someone claimed to know Andy's roommate who calls Andy a "man wh**e".

Another person (Li) started a thread about seeing Andy and Tessa on an Hawaiian interview. They were asked about weddings plans and Andy said "I want this..." and apparently Tessa had a look on her face ("what have I gotten myself into"). Li thinks that Andy is a control freak.

I'm just saying keep your eyes and ears open when you date a guy because you don't want to end up being married to someone who will cause you unnecessary pain.

Sorry I got distracted. I was just reading and I thought the mystery had been solved when I read the quote from I believe it was the Stars and Stripes "that some corpsmen had crushes on him...forgot the navy has women too..wonder why they didn't say corpswomen
    Last edited by DoodleBug; 05-27-2007 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Dang keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangler;2420501;

Please ladies... when you meet a guy who wants to marry you, he has to be worthy of your time, body and soul.

Someone claiming to be one of Andy's ex-girlfriends started a thread- she said that Andy is a womanizer and a cheater. She doubts that Andy can remain faithful in a relationship. Some people believed her, others didn't. Some posted stories of their own regarding bad boyfriends. Someone claimed to know Andy's roommate who calls Andy a "man wh**e".

Another person (Li) started a thread about seeing Andy and Tessa on an Hawaiian interview. They were asked about weddings plans and Andy said "I want this..." and apparently Tessa had a look on her face ("what have I gotten myself into"). Li thinks that Andy is a control freak.

I'm just saying keep your eyes and ears open when you date a guy because you don't want to end up being married to someone who will cause you unnecessary pain.
    I agree and i can totally see Andy as a "man wh---" and a "womanizer" "cheater" "player" etc etc.... I mean really....who advertises a bike on ebay SHIRTLESS? and posturing like a peacock?... the dude is an egomaniac who thinks he's gods gift to women

VERY good advice, starspangler!
    I think that in relationships there are things that bother us that we can live with, and things we can't live with.
    Ultimately, we each have to decide what we can live with and what we can't.
    There are some things that I have seen and read about Andy that I don't think that I could live with. Maybe Tessa can....

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangler;2420501;

Quote Originally Posted by DoodleBug;2420489;
    So you are agreeing with me that Andy was crossing the line in his manipulation of Bevin. Don't understand how she was to protect herself when he is all snuggling, telling her he loves her and choses to tango with her
    Bevin isn't an innocent babe with no life experience, she's one of the oldest women there. She's been around men her whole life and even married and divorced one. She also appears to be very aggressive/competitive and has no qualms showing high levels of affection for a guy she hardly knows who is dating 25 women at the same time. I can't imagine any woman who sought and applied to be on the show not being somewhat wary about what may happen in the end. After all, if she's seen previous seasons of this show, she has to know only one girl will get the rose and another will walk away with tears and possibly a broken heart. I'm not saying Andy was a gentleman in how he handled the whole Bevin situation, but I also understand the weight is on him to convince two women to go the distance or there wouldn't be a show. I'm sure there are things he could have done better, but given all the alcohol and lack of sleep, maybe he wasn't 100% in the right frame of mind. It wasn't as if he wasn't guilt-induced or upset over Bevin, obviously he was as evidenced by his emotional display at the final.
    Flight for two on JedAir.

+ Reply to Thread