+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 207 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

FORT Fan

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;2411873;
    He's a bit of a fame whore, I think. Have you checked out his web site, Andy Baldwin.com? I know it's up there because of triathlon sponsorship and all that, but you *can* be a triathlete without one of these things ....

This whiff of fame-whorishness is one of several reasons that I don't think he'll ultimately last with Tessa (the free birdism that you mentioned is another). ... Tessa has grown up around the rich and famous and doesn't have a hidden lust to be in that world, clearly, and she's also pretty clearly camera shy and so on. Andy is *so* not. Already last night I saw him envisioning her on his arm as a fabulous accessory as he was being honored for this that and the other thing and was strolling through the spotlight, and I just don't see that being Tessa -- either the spotlight part or the arm-candy part.
    Trista and Ryan is however an exemple that it can work. Trista loved camera and fame, Ryan didn't. He's the calm guy, camera shy like Tessa. Trista made a few TV appearances not him. And they got married and now they're pregnant. I think that it's because one loves the spotlight and the other doesn't that Andessa have a shot at it. It can never last when both are fighting for the spotlight. Hollywood is full of exemple that it doesn't work. Andy loves Tessa and he will be more than willing to make her happy. Tessa loves Andy and she will smile when he'll be in the spotlight.

FORT Fogey

Andy's mom was closed to Bevin with her arms crossed the whole time speaking in the living room... I don't think she ever warmed up to her, or "bought" what Bevin was trying to tell them. Andy's grandfather hit the nail on the head - Andy was turned on by Bevin, but that is not what keeps a relationship going for the long haul - it can so often burn out (we never learned what happened to cause Bevin's first divorce), so it may have been a red flag to Andy. I do think he was confused, but went a bit too far in telling both women that he loved them the night before the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcook77;2411909;
    What worries me about whether this relationship will last is that everyone is so certain of his love for Tessa (I am not convinced), but no one is harping on her love for him.

In the final hour with the pressure of "losing" on national television, she hesitantly tells him she loves him. I question the sincerity. Not that I think Tessa deliberately tried to lead him on (as he so blatantly did with Bevin), but perhaps the pressure got to her.

I know I am in the minority here, but that is just my interpretation. If Tessa keeps him around, I will be surprised. I think the pressure of the show and his "electricity" with Bevin will be something that always haunts her, and then adding to that is the stress and pressure of adapting to his lifestyle.

I truly hopes it lasts, but I just don't think it will. I give it two-three months.
    I couldn't agree with you more.

FORT Regular

I think they have a shot. I think that because Tessa was so guarded she really wanted to take the time, more so than others, to be sure before she spilled her feelings. She even said, that she hoped that it wasn't too little too late.

I was on the Tessa-train all the way. However, I felt so badly for Bevin. Honestly I thought she would rip him a new one. I was so proud of her for walking out of there with class. Do I think that Andy loved her too? Yes I do. I think that he loved both, but he was in love with only one of them. Do I think he should have told Bevin "I love you"? Of course not.

I think we need to wait and see where the conversations lead tonight at the ATFC. I think Tessa & Bevin will give each other great big hugs. At least I hope so. I hope that Bevin asks Andy some tough questions. She deserves that chance. But, Bevin has always understood the process. She was not afraid to put herself out there. She knew what was at risk with the whole thing. I think we will see that she is not bitter and has come out of this stronger.

SWINGING IN THE HAMMOCK.......

FORT Fan

i don't think tessa hesitantly told him--i think a genuinely shy person opened tup to say what was deep in her heart because she couldn't take the risk of losing him if she didn't open up. if you go back and watch the say again (and again and again) as i did last night--andy was sooo in love with tessa--on their last dates his expression was once again so telling--he was sooo into her and once again was encouraging her to open up to him--he wanted her to tell him that she loved him so badly. and that's all he needed. i think andy definitely had feelings for bevin-it was had to watch as a tessa fan, but, i think what andy was feeling for bevin was a reluctance to hurt someone who had been crazy about him from the very first. why i think tessa will forgive andy is becuase she took some of the repspoonsibility of andy's feelings allowed to grow for bevin by saying she lost valuable moments with andy early on in the process because of her holding back or being closed off. That made andy think maybe he should look elsewhere for love--enter bevin. why some of think that tessa can't adjust to military life-- ihave no idea. she works with children--i imagine they have some in hawaii....also, she struck me as very traditional with what she expressed to andy in their final date--i don't want the life that i had before you...i think she will cherish andy and he her--and what girl/guy wont appreciate that. at first, i was very upset at andy last night--but, i have now come to think of him as a man with a very big heart, not too knowledgeable about the workings of a woman's mind and heart(even for as smart as he is) who was honest about his emotions and was portrayed as someone who didn't know who he wanted. my thing is i think andy suffered from what i'll call the charlie syndrome--he loved sara b, but, wasn't sure how she felt about him so he kept krisily around. what's with these guys who want a second option if the first one doesn't work out?? all the while encouraging the girl to open up ,take a risk and put your heart out there? one last thought for now--i think andy wanted to tell tessa she loved him on the final date and the only way he could do that was to tell bothgirls he loved them. (not good, but the only reason i could come up with that he would do that)...
    Last edited by gonnerwife; 05-22-2007 at 10:10 AM. Reason: incorecctly typed my statement

Wow I totally disagree. I think they have an excellent chance to make it last. Everything he has said the last week just reinforces how much closer they are now than two months ago. And today we will get to hear how Tessa feels about where they are at.
    They are so very compatible in so many many ways. And when Tessa gave him her gift - they were both glowing. She really "gets" him. That is a wonderful thing for him to feel. But it says an awful lot about how she feels about him as well. They seem to have a very grounded , and mature relationship. Sure there are differences. We all have to compromise in a relationship. I think Andy thinks that with Tessa he is marrying "Up". And that will go a long way in helping him make the sorts of compromises that might not come so naturally with his perfectionist's nature.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2411863;
    Is this a trick question? I think they probably won't last more than the obligatory month or so, and she will dump him. If it were me, I would have dumped him last night already. Frankly, I wouldn't have tolerated the guy who put a ring on my finger acting the way he did with some other chick mere days and even minutes before he put said ring on my finger, in front of millions no less. There are just too many men on this planet to be tied down to someone like him.

I'm on the same page but I'll give them a little longer ....

I truly saw a connection with Bevin (ok maybe physical but stil a connection) - I still have not seen that with Tessa - she however did meet his "list" of requirements. I now realize what some have said about him - he's a male whore ala Clinton, JFK ilk. You marry the right women who can contribute to your success but you go elsewhere for the sex (easy enough to get outside of the marriage, right?)

I always liked Tessa and if she has half the brians I think she does she will move to Hawaii (who wouldn't want to try that?) have an adventure, some fun and then dump him. This girl has too many options to get tied down to a life ruled by Andy and his ambitions. This is no great romance.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcook77;2411909;
    What worries me about whether this relationship will last is that everyone is so certain of his love for Tessa (I am not convinced), but no one is harping on her love for him.

In the final hour with the pressure of "losing" on national television, she hesitantly tells him she loves him. I question the sincerity. Not that I think Tessa deliberately tried to lead him on (as he so blatantly did with Bevin), but perhaps the pressure got to her.

I know I am in the minority here, but that is just my interpretation. If Tessa keeps him around, I will be surprised. I think the pressure of the show and his "electricity" with Bevin will be something that always haunts her, and then adding to that is the stress and pressure of adapting to his lifestyle.

I truly hopes it lasts, but I just don't think it will. I give it two-three months.
    ITA that Tessa panicked when she realized that she could lose because she had been holding back. It's interesting that she only opened up the day before the FRC. What I don't understand is how Andy consistently stated that he ONLY SAW POTENTIAL with Tessa, and that he didn't get the same electricity in his core from her like he did with Bevin. To me this indicates that Andy had really fallen for Bevin, but was convinced by his grandfather and other family members to choose Tessa, who fits his life plan. During the FRC, He also told Bevin again that he loved her (first time at FD) and would NEVER forget her. (How do you think that makes Tessa feel?)

Do I think that Andy and Tessa's relationship will last??? I think that they will always have a great friendship. I agree with the poster who stated that Andy is attracted to women who DO NOT fit his life plan. I do believe that Andy will think about Bevin and wonder what if he had taken the risk. Andy didn't listen to the psychic when she told him to go with his heart and not worry about the fear. His fear was that Bevin would not be accepted; but he had fallen in love with her. Granted, he was very intrigued with the chase of Tessa and saw potential. So I don't see Andy and Tessa's relationship as a engaged couple lasting more than a year.
    Last edited by 2observe; 05-22-2007 at 10:12 AM.

I personally just wanna say last night was heartwrenching to say the least. I've been in the Tessa Hammock the entire time the WHOLE season and I DID see the love story from the beginning.
    With that said, I cried my heart out last night when bevin stepped out of that limo and I knew she was going home. She loved him too.
    Yes Andy may have had bevin pour her heart out to him. But ladies and gentleman *trumpets sounding* thats the point of the show... thats the point of the final 2. There is nothing we can do about it. When there are real feelings involved its even worse. I was NEVER a bevin fan but last night my heart broke for her. My heart broke for Tessa when I actually thought Bevin would be his chosen. That was one of the saddest yet sweetest Rose Ceremonies I've ever watched.

With that said, I don't think i can answer the question that this thread is focused around. I can't sit here and try to determine "how long they'll last". I think its none of my business anymore. They are a great couple and I could see that last night in the final interview after the show when they were laughing and talking about how she was nervous. To be perfectly honest I wouldn't even be able to answer this question if it were Bevin and Andy and why???? Because we saw on TV what Fleiss wanted us to see. It dawned on me last night that maybe they HAD to give bevin the "BAD EDIT" I mean, here are 2 wonderful women and they're both competing for his heart. One he sought out one who sought him out. Reguardless of whos chasing who they are both fantastic women and I think to sit here and judge how long they'll be together... well, I just can't do it. Its like someone judging how long my new love and I will be together. We won't see what they're like anymore, behind closed doors, and only sometimes on camera.
    I hope they live a happy and wonderful life together. I saw Tessa coming out of her shell last night, the picture frame with the collage was a great representation of the way they are together. I absolutely loved it. I don't think Andy would be immature enough to say " I should have chosen bevin" at ANY point in their relationship. Even if he were with Bevin I don't see him doing that and saying " I should have chosen Tessa"
    I do think either one of them would have adapted to his lifestyle and would work out. So here's to hoping andy and tessa have a long AMAZING *drinks* life together!
    "Sometimes I wonder if Navy ships are like Broadway musicals behind the scenes, like there's a ton of champagne and singing and dancing and guys wearing tight white suits or walking around without shirts on and complimenting each other's six-pack stomachs. Maybe that's just what I envision when I imagine Andy working on a Navy ship." Sportsgal

FORT Fan

imeant andy wanted to tell tessa he loved her--sorry about all the typos--sheesh

+ Reply to Thread