+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 207 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

Quote Originally Posted by coop2;2411850;
    Good luck to all of them, I hope Andy can handle the fame and fortune that this will bring into his future. Things will be totally different now in pursuing any woman and trying to live up to what everyone thinks of him, besides how all his military buddies are gonna rag on him.
    He's a bit of a fame whore, I think. Have you checked out his web site, Andy Baldwin.com? I know it's up there because of triathlon sponsorship and all that, but you *can* be a triathlete without one of these things ....

This whiff of fame-whorishness is one of several reasons that I don't think he'll ultimately last with Tessa (the free birdism that you mentioned is another). ... Tessa has grown up around the rich and famous and doesn't have a hidden lust to be in that world, clearly, and she's also pretty clearly camera shy and so on. Andy is *so* not. Already last night I saw him envisioning her on his arm as a fabulous accessory as he was being honored for this that and the other thing and was strolling through the spotlight, and I just don't see that being Tessa -- either the spotlight part or the arm-candy part.

How do you break up gracefully with someone? In this situation there's just no right thing to say. I think he handled it as well as could be expected. I mean he's trying to say things to make her feel better, and unfortunately, that comes off to us as leading her on.

But yes, it would be refreshing for some Bach to just go into rejection mode when they're down to the f2 so she knows what's coming. But I also believe Fleiss has a talk with his contestants to coach them on what they can and cannot say and do, and Andy agreed to it all when he signed his life away on that contract.

If Fleiss didn't have a say it, we would always have this same ending. The f2 would see it coming.

FORT Newbie

Hi everyone! So sorry that I haven't been following the board this season, but I still wanted to give my opinion now that the show is ended.

I've thought from the beginning that Bevin wanted "to win." Though she said she was in love with Andy, I don't think she was. He was much more into her than she was into him. I was surprised every time Andy said Bevin was so mature and honest. I saw her more as play acting in order to "win." The drama around her ankle, stealing him away from the other women all the time, crying all the time, etc. She begged for his attention and he fell for it. Every time she told him how she felt, it seemed wooden and rehearsed...not from her heart.

Tessa and Danielle, however, seemed much more sincere and real. Though I can't predict if Tessa and Andy's relationship will last, I think they have a much better chance than Bevin and Andy would have...

My 2 cents.

FORT Fan

I think they have a great shot at making it. They have one thing going for them that is stronger than loving each other - I think they genuinely LIKE each other. They have fun. They get along so well. The thoroughly enjoy each other's company. That is so obvious during the bits of "real time" we got to see.

I don't see Tessa being overly upset with the show last night. I am sure Andy has explained everything to her, including the pressure from Fleiss and Co. to keep up with the emotional turmoil. They thrive on that.

His "I love you Bev" was never passionate. It was a guy declaring very caring feelings for a girl - but not the way you declare love when "totally in love and over the moon" - which is how I saw him with Tessa.

He was a goner for Tessa many episodes ago - but he really needed that reassurance from her to finally give in to those feelings.

Tessa will see this. He will assure her of this. If nothing else, she will see how genuine and kind and caring he is - and he is all hers. She won't bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin;2411712;
    I dont' know if they will last - but I think they have a better shot then if he would have chosen Bevin. I know I am not alone, when I say I was sure he was going to choose Tessa early on. She intrigued him.

Bevin - well - he is a Navy Lieutenant - and she looked so trashy with her tatoos everywhere. Plus she was just too open. Always saying the right thing, wanting to win a contest. In my opinion, he did seem to have genuine feelings for her. However, I just knew it was Tessa he really wanted.

I think it is more hoenst that Tessa was scared of the process, that is more normal. She didn't want to be hurt. Bevin was just a little too open, a little too phony.

Plus add in how traditional he is etc. and she is already a divorcee, I think he kept her around for the fun of it.

I hope Tessa and Andy last. I think they genuinely looked happy.
    Exactly what I am feeling about Bevin. I am glad he went with Tessa. She seamed more grounded than Bevin. Bevin was more like the High School popular cheerleader type crush. I know Andy's grandma liked Bevin more, but his mother seamed more drawn to Tessa. I won't put a time-line on this, but hoped that everything work out for the both of them. He was really smitten by Tessa.

I like Tessa very much. I hope they find happiness, but I think in order to fully reach that point, HDDA has a heck of a lot of explaining to do regarding his behavior with Bevin.
    I am not even talking his physically gestures. That I love you comment to Bevin went way over the top.
    So do I think they will last?
    I think that will depend on Tessa and how much rope she will be willing to give HDDA. Will he hang himself with it or will he gracefully slip out of the noose and will she gracefully allow him time to redeem himself. That will be what I watch for.
    I never warmed up to this particular series--something seemed off to me about HDDA from the day he was announced to be the Bachelor. Now after last night it all came full circle and I understand why. I see him as very narcissitic.
    So if he can bend some, he has some hope. Tessa is a great gal and deserves better. JMHO.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2411863;
    Is this a trick question? I think they probably won't last more than the obligatory month or so, and she will dump him. If it were me, I would have dumped him last night already. Frankly, I wouldn't have tolerated the guy who put a ring on my finger acting the way he did with some other chick mere days and even minutes before he put said ring on my finger, in front of millions no less. There are just too many men on this planet to be tied down to someone like him.
    Thank you MsFroggy and if I had been Bevin he probably would have experienced a notice voice change once he was able to stand again

FORT Fan

I don't think they'll make it. I guess time will tell and alot will depend on how much Andy wants to continue to live in the spotlight and how this will affect Tessa.

What worries me about whether this relationship will last is that everyone is so certain of his love for Tessa (I am not convinced), but no one is harping on her love for him.

In the final hour with the pressure of "losing" on national television, she hesitantly tells him she loves him. I question the sincerity. Not that I think Tessa deliberately tried to lead him on (as he so blatantly did with Bevin), but perhaps the pressure got to her.

I know I am in the minority here, but that is just my interpretation. If Tessa keeps him around, I will be surprised. I think the pressure of the show and his "electricity" with Bevin will be something that always haunts her, and then adding to that is the stress and pressure of adapting to his lifestyle.

I truly hopes it lasts, but I just don't think it will. I give it two-three months.

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;2411873;
    He's a bit of a fame whore, I think. Have you checked out his web site, Andy Baldwin.com? I know it's up there because of triathlon sponsorship and all that, but you *can* be a triathlete without one of these things ....

This whiff of fame-whorishness is one of several reasons that I don't think he'll ultimately last with Tessa (the free birdism that you mentioned is another). ... Tessa has grown up around the rich and famous and doesn't have a hidden lust to be in that world, clearly, and she's also pretty clearly camera shy and so on. Andy is *so* not. Already last night I saw him envisioning her on his arm as a fabulous accessory as he was being honored for this that and the other thing and was strolling through the spotlight, and I just don't see that being Tessa -- either the spotlight part or the arm-candy part.
    He's definitely a fame whore. He had a website, a MySpace and lots of publicity pictures even before the show started. Aside from this, pretty much everybody who goes on this show, no matter how hard they try to protest, is a fameho. Even Tessa. She wouldn't be on here if she was so averse to publicity. She'd be home watching this crap from a safe distance instead.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread