+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 207 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10-Do you think Andy and Tessa will last?

Tessa and Andy appear to be the type of people that take their commitments seriously, and actually think about their commitments before they make them. To me this suggests that they will give their relationship a dedicated chance, see how it goes. I think once Tessa opened up to Andy that was all he needed to confirm how he was feeling, that collage gift was incredible and showed Andy what he can expect of life with Tessa. They are a good match and if they can get past the bachelor series itself they probably have a great shot at a life together.

FORT Fanatic

I don't know.. I think that lasting will be up to them. But I don't think Andy was wrong for choosing Tessa over Bevin. Obviously Andy's feelings for Tessa were a lot stronger, and he really had to go for that. As for Tessa, I think she really fell for Andy too, as Andy mentioned, Tessa was really shaking at that rose ceremony.. So it took her six weeks to fall? That is not that long, especially when other girls are involved. As for the military, Andy isn't committed to it forever maybe 3/4 more years? I think that if somebody truly loved him they could put up with that.

confused

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2411773;
    Andy definitely had a problem throughout the whole season with being overly expressive, overly complimenting. It gave hope when there was none and in the end was cruel. jmo I understand the premise of the show, but Andy took it farther than most.
    I agree. I do think Andy loves Tessa and they probably grew closer now, but I hope she smacked him upside his head for leading Bevin on.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I think they will make it. Andy does not fail. He took this process very seriously, he adored Tessa from the muffin joke on and he wanted her.

Tessa does not give her heart away easily, Andy earned it and they will both cherish and respect that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2411773;
    Andy definitely had a problem throughout the whole season with being overly expressive, overly complimenting. It gave hope when there was none and in the end was cruel. jmo I understand the premise of the show, but Andy took it farther than most.

I agree, but I also think that Andy's an emotional kind of guy and being in this situation was keeping all his lust, affection, and so on right at the top all the time, so he was overflowing with warm feelings toward a bunch of women and they just came right out. I really think that he *felt* all the stuff he was saying, and he was so excited that he couldn't rein it in.

If I thought that he was being manipulative or acting like a player, it would annoy me, but it seems to me that he was just acting like the over-excited kid that he kind of is.

It is too bad for the women, in a way, but they'll all get over it, even Bevin, since they really didn't know him long enough for him to have said *too* many of these things to them! None of them has her life actually entwined with his at this point.

As for whether this will last, I don't think so but I do think that they're both serious people and will try to give it a good shot, so I'm predicting about a year. I just think Andy's too traditional, controlling, perfectionist, and, ultimately, stodgy to make Tessa happy in the long run, though I saw a love story with them all along and I believe they're very very emotionally attracted to and involved with each other right now.

(When it comes to the prediction, I would say the same thing had he chosen Bevin -- Yes, they'll give it a shot but it most likely won't last beyond a year or two -- for similar reasons. I kind of think that Andy is most strongly attracted to women who aren't the kind of people that his personality and life plans require, unfortunately. Maybe he'll figure that out within the next few years; I hope so, for his sake. )

FORT Fogey

I felt that the only one that had the chance for long term was Tessa. He may have been caught up with Bevin hormonally, but his heart was touched by Tessa. She did challenge him, she pushed him to really explore what he felt because she was questioning everying. She also was the only one of the two that I felt could handle the deployment aspects of military life - she is an independent woman, and did not need to have him around 100% of the time. Bevin mentioned so many times how she wanted someone home, around, and even last night she believed long distance relationships couldn't work - what does she think that deployment would be? Tessa took the time to consider everything, and I think that for this, they both will give it at least awhile to have a chance.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;2411812;

(When it comes to the prediction, I would say the same thing had he chosen Bevin -- Yes, they'll give it a shot but it most likely won't last beyond a year or two -- for similar reasons. I kind of think that Andy is most strongly attracted to women who aren't the kind of people that his personality and life plans require, unfortunately. Maybe he'll figure that out within the next few years; I hope so, for his sake. )
    I don't know..I think that we weren't seen enough with Tessa, but I think there were more similarities between Tessa and Andy then Bevin, and they might actaully have a better shot of making a marriage work.

Andy made mention of the fact in US weekley that Tessa wants lots of babies, and has talked a lot about how his fiance sures his values...So because of this I think that Tessa and him could work.

Personality wise I think they could be a match. Stephanie Kansas mentioned the fact that Tessa and Andy were a good fit personality wise, both were storytellers and they laughed together. Both also like to goof around.. I think they could possibly make it work.

FORT Regular

I want to say that I have enjoyed this season of TB so much more b/c of the FORT. I have never blogged before but this was fun and exciting and I brought a lot of friends in with me.

I was a Bevin fan last night, however I knew Tessa fit Andy's mold. I think I was so drawn to this season b/c Andy is a "cream of the crop" guy that I think we would all like to know.

Last night was a bit disappointing for me. I felt like Tessa was grabbing at straws in the end just to win and I felt like Andy led Bevin on BIG TIME. But it is all TV and the editing was crazy!

Tessa is such a "free bird", a life spent of traveling and curiosity that I don't see this lasting. I know Andy puts his all into everything to accomplish his goal, but I think Tessa will pull back from the whole experience, especially now after viewing Bevin's part. She is perceived to be a strong willed woman that does not have to take any @#$% from a guy and she had Andy begging all along.

Bevin was awesome last night at her departure, I was really worried about her. He led her on so bad the last few days, I think I would have passed out in her shoes.

Good luck to all of them, I hope Andy can handle the fame and fortune that this will bring into his future. Things will be totally different now in pursuing any woman and trying to live up to what everyone thinks of him, besides how all his military buddies are gonna rag on him.

See you all next season!

FORT Regular

perfectly stated!!!!
    Last edited by canuckinchile; 05-22-2007 at 11:34 AM. Reason: colored posting

Is this a trick question? I think they probably won't last more than the obligatory month or so, and she will dump him. If it were me, I would have dumped him last night already. Frankly, I wouldn't have tolerated the guy who put a ring on my finger acting the way he did with some other chick mere days and even minutes before he put said ring on my finger, in front of millions no less. There are just too many men on this planet to be tied down to someone like him.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread