+ Reply to Thread
Page 207 of 207 FirstFirst ... 107157197198199200201202203204205206207
Results 2,061 to 2,064 of 2064

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;2710383;
    IMO, and that's all it is, opinion, since I have no firsthand knowledge of Fleiss/ABC's motives, I think they avoided any mention of Andy/Tessa in the AFR show precisely because Andy's season received so much hype as “the.most.romantic.FRC.EV ER.” -- and then the engagement ends a few months after the show is over. They already had enough on their hands doing damage control for the outcome of Brad's season, and I think the last thing they wanted to do was remind the audience of yet another engagement that didn't last.

I know there are some people who believe Andy/Tessa are secretly together, but officially they broke the engagement and have been vague about what, exactly, is the status of their relationship. What could Fleiss do with that? "And here's our most.romantic.FRC.couple.EVER," who have ended their engagement and may or may not be in a relationship!" Not the best evidence for the success of the series!
    The new bachelor (#12) doesn't look like he will be renewing interest in The Bachelor.

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;2696047;
    Here's a thought.......

I don't know that I would state that it is my final one but I will share it.

Andy is under contract to ABC for a year(according to some post somewhere).Tessa was in Hawaii earlier this month. This has been documented by KTVI. Photos have been on threads everywhere of our darling couple looking comfortable and affectionate in each other's arms.

Brad balked. ABC had to do some damage control. The very day of the FR they had Andy change his MySpace to single(technically anyone is until they are married) and the Andessa lovers and the Andy haters went into a tailspin. This acted as a huge shock absorber for the outcome of B11. ABC makes no statement re Andessa, no word one way or the other from Andy or Tessa, so people are theorizing like crazy.

They are entering a phase where relationship issues are the least of their worries. I am sure they have everything in perspective.

Just call me Pollyana
    Is it possible Tessa was in HI to say good-by to Andy before he was deployed and get the things that she had taken to HI earlier. They could still be friends, but I seriously doubt if it's anything more. So, Fleiss certainly does not want to use them as you said. I'm sure Fleiss is aware of everything that goes on with these people. It's his business to know.

[mod edit]

I enjoyed Bach 10 for a number of reasons, and the billing of 'most romantic . . . ever . . . ' was accurate for at least this viewer . . . The women were also presented in a more multifaceted, interesting, intelligent, (less misogynistic?) way and not just as 'b*****s', 'loonies', 'bullies', or 'eye candy'. Andy was just a lot of fun . . . love him or hate him, that guy has energy to spare and is not afraid of putting himself out there. It was a 'fun' season, waiting to see what would happen next, guessing who he would actually end up with. And ending it in HI was simply beautiful.

The whole season made me want to rewind the last 25 years (to when I was 4 ) and do it all over again with my husband . . . well, except in Hawaii instead of New Jersey Oh yeah, and even though my DH does workout, run, and still looks good in a speedo (or without one . . . ); in my fantasy I would give him just a few more muscles and that tan. Oh, and I would be taller, thinner, and look beautiful in a short red dress with diamonds dripping from my neck and ears. And we would ride horses on the beach, and as the sunset over the ocean. Oh yeah, and my husband would say all of those cheesy things that guys say when they are smitten and trying hard to be romantic . . . Like 'Where did you come from?'

That is what I tuned in to enjoy with my one hr/week of 'Unreality' TV . . . romance and fantasy. If I wanted to see or hear about lying, cold-hearted, duplicitous men, catty women with potty mouths, ugly breakups, confusion, tears, accusations, anger, nasty parents . . . I would . . . I would . . . well, I would rewatch Bach 11.

I have no illusions that Andy and Tessa sailed off into the sunset together, but I do wish both of them the best, and that they are happy, either together as a couple, or in whatever they choose to do. I simply enjoyed what they shared with us during Bach 10. Their lives are now their own. I also pray that Lt. Andrew Baldwin will serve his country well, care for his men, and return safely at the end of his tour in the Persian Gulf.

Everyone else can tune in to eagerly await Bach 12, but for me personally, I would rather not . . . Bach 11 and left a sour taste in my mouth. If I need a romance fix . . . I will just have to check and see if I have any episodes of Bach 10 left on my DVR.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 12-19-2007 at 05:43 PM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma;2728383;
    [mod edit]

I enjoyed Bach 10 for a number of reasons, and the billing of 'most romantic . . . ever . . . ' was accurate for at least this viewer . . . The women were also presented in a more multifaceted, interesting, intelligent, (less misogynistic?) way and not just as 'b*****s', 'loonies', 'bullies', or 'eye candy'. Andy was just a lot of fun . . . love him or hate him, that guy has energy to spare and is not afraid of putting himself out there. It was a 'fun' season, waiting to see what would happen next, guessing who he would actually end up with. And ending it in HI was simply beautiful.

The whole season made me want to rewind the last 25 years (to when I was 4 ) and do it all over again with my husband . . . well, except in Hawaii instead of New Jersey Oh yeah, and even though my DH does workout, run, and still looks good in a speedo (or without one . . . ); in my fantasy I would give him just a few more muscles and that tan. Oh, and I would be taller, thinner, and look beautiful in a short red dress with diamonds dripping from my neck and ears. And we would ride horses on the beach, and as the sunset over the ocean. Oh yeah, and my husband would say all of those cheesy things that guys say when they are smitten and trying hard to be romantic . . . Like 'Where did you come from?'

That is what I tuned in to enjoy with my one hr/week of 'Unreality' TV . . . romance and fantasy. If I wanted to see or hear about lying, cold-hearted, duplicitous men, catty women with potty mouths, ugly breakups, confusion, tears, accusations, anger, nasty parents . . . I would . . . I would . . . well, I would rewatch Bach 11.

I have no illusions that Andy and Tessa sailed off into the sunset together, but I do wish both of them the best, and that they are happy, either together as a couple, or in whatever they choose to do. I simply enjoyed what they shared with us during Bach 10. Their lives are now their own. I also pray that Lt. Andrew Baldwin will serve his country well, care for his men, and return safely at the end of his tour in the Persian Gulf.

Everyone else can tune in to eagerly await Bach 12, but for me personally, I would rather not . . . Bach 11 and left a sour taste in my mouth. If I need a romance fix . . . I will just have to check and see if I have any episodes of Bach 10 left on my DVR.

Dogma - I loved reading your post! What you have said for your 25 years, I can say for my 43 years! No doubt, I too will have to go back and escape into what I considered to be one of the best Bachelor shows in years.

Somehow, there is still the hope within me that Andy and Tessa will eventually reflect on their time together and perhaps at that point be willing to take a chance again. Who can predict what might come to be - in Andy's words 'anything is possible'. I believe that too.

+ Reply to Thread