+ Reply to Thread
Page 205 of 207 FirstFirst ... 105155195196197198199200201202203204205206207 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2064

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

Did Kate Brockhouse do an exit interview when she left B-10? Just curious. Can't remember her leaving.

Are we being manipulated?

Where is Fortissimo when we need her/him.

The rumor mill is spinning with a frenzy claiming that Andy has hung out the occupancy sign. I mean....TODAY of all days...the grand finale of TB11......after those pictures that looked like they should be in the dictionary next to the definition of "bliss".

I swear I hear hearts breaking all over North America!
    Last edited by blasie; 11-19-2007 at 09:29 PM. Reason: after thoughts

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

My final thought is that the best part of this season for me has been this board!! Im actually more excited to read your play by play than to watch in live on Ca time. Its fun to read all the opinions. tho I havent watched as closely as some of you, I have always thought it would be Deana, hands down. They just seemed to "fit". I just cant see him choosing Jenni, who is so into her cheerleading deal, which seems to be the most important thing in her life right now. Brad just doesnt seem the type of dude who would want to play second fiddle to some pom poms. I guess we will all know soon tho!
    Just wanted to say a big thank you, and have a group hug before it gets too cra-zazy tonite!! Now bring on Winter BB, WOOT!!

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;2679364;
    Are we being manipulated?

Where is Fortissimo when we need her/him.

The rumor mill is spinning with a frenzy claiming that Andy has hung out the occupancy sign. I mean....TODAY of all days...the grand finale of TB11......after those pictures that looked like they should be in the dictionary next to the definition of "bliss".

I swear I hear hearts breaking all over North America!
    That has kind of been the question all along, hasn't it, with all the smoke and conflicting information: are we being manipulated?

I honestly don't think so, because I don't want to ascribe that sort of duplicitous character to Andy or Tessa. I do think they are defining their relationship under their own rules, and common terminology may simply not be appropriate. Andy has said they love each other. He has admitted rocks in the road. He has admitted a "break" and suggested that they will "see how things are after he gets back." He has ALSO stated that he can't say more because of his contract with ABC.

Where there is smoke, there is often fire, and regardless of how they feel, the reality is they are separated by an ocean and prior commitments. It wouldn't shock me if they made a practical decision to allow each other to see other people, but without closing the door on the possibility of them furthering their relationship in the future.

I think the pictures we saw tell a story, and that story is of two people who care about each other. I can't put those pictures and the concept of a "good bye, have a nice life" visit together. But I CAN put those pictures together with a few serious talks about the reality of their situation, and acceptance that they can care deeply for each other while not making any current commitments to each other.

For those of us who want to believe in them as a couple, I think there is enough out there to hang hope for the future on.

Their love story was never more for us fans than a projection, anyway. As much as many like to believe they have always known the whole truth, I don't consider that possible. Only Andy and Tessa have ever known the whole truth. The rest has always been our own interpretation. And so it continues to be. Each of us gets to believe what feels right to us.

Until the next official announcement, anyway. And maybe past that - there will always be another way to construe it.

oops, Im so giddy about tonite that I thought this thread was for 11~~ please ignore my above post..duh!

Quote Originally Posted by obtessed4sure;2622218;
    I totally agree with this. And please dont flame me for this opinion but I really think there is an arrogance Andy has about his choices that are totally relative but he sees them as absolutes. He's a navy doctor (being deployed to iraq) and an athlete and clearly he thinks he's the bees knees for being these things. He seems to think his path is somehow" higher" than one a woman can have and that she should subordinate herself for his goals.

I wonder how he would react to a woman who disagrees with or even questions the war in iraq or his position as a government employee under this current political regime. There is something in his attitude that anyone who would question his choices wouldnt make it far with him and I am wondering if ideological differences are what drove andy and tessa apart. Maybe she's a liberal democrat? pure speculation but I dont see him as a support to his spouse if her views were radically different from his. He seems to be too entrenched in what he assumes as right good and worthy.

Again my comment isnt meant to incite anyone, there are plenty of couples with differing ideologies who are able to put their differences aside, compromise and make it work. I just feel that Andy with his ego wouldnt be one of those and yet he does seem to be attracted to independent thinkers ( like tessa and even bevin). This makes me think that he will be single for a loooooong time until he questions his inner conflicting beliefs/wants.

Even that comment that his friend mitch posted initially that mitch later ammended. Mitch wrote something about Andy being the JFK of our time. Andy and his supporters don't seem to understand that JFK was 50 years ago and whatever image he thinks he's living up to is totally passe. And that we today know FAR too much about JFK to believe his camalot facade like they did back when he was president.
    I completely agree!!!

...maybe we just need to realize that there's a reason why they were "Bachelors" in the first place.
    Last edited by TazoChai; 11-20-2007 at 04:03 AM. Reason: mistake

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fortissimo;2626205;
    You can't trust Bevin's word. I've seen e-mails from her where she was caught red-handed fabricating stories.

And granted if he did say those words to her, he never meant anything in a romantic way. The show Director also directs people to say certain things they don't mean.
    Legitimate debate lends itself to facts and credibility, not heresay. Supposed e-mails that contain lies mean nothing if they can't be produced and validated.

Andy Baldwin most certainly did say he loved Bevin. And if he said it and didn't mean it then he's a cad. Of course there was romance there. You don't say "I love you" to someone and then make out with them if youd on't mean it in a romantic way. It seems to me that he strung Bevin along right up to the last minute until he got a better offer. Andy seems to have the ability to say anything to anyone in an effort to be liked. Never mind the consequences.

FORT Fogey

Originally Posted by obtessed4sure
    I totally agree with this. And please dont flame me for this opinion but I really think there is an arrogance Andy has about his choices that are totally relative but he sees them as absolutes. He's a navy doctor (being deployed to iraq) and an athlete and clearly he thinks he's the bees knees for being these things. He seems to think his path is somehow" higher" than one a woman can have and that she should subordinate herself for his goals.

I wonder how he would react to a woman who disagrees with or even questions the war in iraq or his position as a government employee under this current political regime. There is something in his attitude that anyone who would question his choices wouldnt make it far with him and I am wondering if ideological differences are what drove andy and tessa apart. Maybe she's a liberal democrat? pure speculation but I dont see him as a support to his spouse if her views were radically different from his. He seems to be too entrenched in what he assumes as right good and worthy.

Again my comment isnt meant to incite anyone, there are plenty of couples with differing ideologies who are able to put their differences aside, compromise and make it work. I just feel that Andy with his ego wouldnt be one of those and yet he does seem to be attracted to independent thinkers ( like tessa and even bevin). This makes me think that he will be single for a loooooong time until he questions his inner conflicting beliefs/wants.

Even that comment that his friend mitch posted initially that mitch later ammended. Mitch wrote something about Andy being the JFK of our time. Andy and his supporters don't seem to understand that JFK was 50 years ago and whatever image he thinks he's living up to is totally passe. And that we today know FAR too much about JFK to believe his camalot facade like they did back when he was president.
    Unfortunately, Mitch did not compare him to JFK the elder, but JFK Jr. And the comparison was solely for the purpose of putting Andy out there as a young, handsome bachelor. This is what is important to the Mitch Throwers of the world.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;2629498;
    Well done Miss Froggy. I agree. IMO the ILY's should have never been said to Bevin either way.

I don't really like Andy that much. I never saw the connection with them. They always seamed so staged together to me. Especially Tessa, I never seen her into Andy. She always looked like she was disgusted with him or something to me. I am sure a lot of it was the editing.

I don't know what caused their break up but I don't think it was just him and his need for attention. I think it was probably a combination of a few things. I don't think it was all him. Like I said, I am not sure if she was ever really into him. I always thought once she seen the "real" Andy she would drop him. I never seen the relationship lasting. I am surprised it lasted this long. (but did it really)? No that does not mean it wasn't real for them. I don't know. This is JMO and how I seen them.
    Why is everyone assuming this is Andy's fault? andy is a genuine person who loves helping others. If you don't know him, don't judge him.

Their love story was never more for us fans than a projection, anyway. As much as many like to believe they have always known the whole truth, I don't consider that possible. Only Andy and Tessa have ever known the whole truth. The rest has always been our own interpretation. And so it continues to be. Each of us gets to believe what feels right to us.

QUOTE]

Andy has been very open about how he feels, unless he has lied..................so we know HIS truth. Tessa's actions have given us very obvious clues as to what she is feeling. Tessa did not move to Hawaii; she did not see Andy when he was in LA for a week after the Best Buddies event; she did not go to Kona and, instead, met Bevin at Oktoberfest; she has travelled all over since she quit her job, but she did not go to Hawaii until recently when, most likely, ABC paid for her to go, then she left after just a few days. So, to "interpret" all that and STILL believe they are together is something that only someone in a fantasy world could do. A logical person does NOT get to believe "what feels right to us." We "get" to believe what the facts so clearly point out.

+ Reply to Thread