+ Reply to Thread
Page 203 of 207 FirstFirst ... 103153193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207 LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2064

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

Well, seems to me that what happened with Andy and Tessa was, basically, just what happens to most fledgling meetups -- two people felt attracted to each other, then got to know each other better and found out that they weren't compatible enough for a long term relationship. I'm sure they'll both eventually find people with whom they are compatible.

Trouble is, Andy found that the show also gained him lots of publicity, and, for both good and bad reasons probably, this is important to him -- he loves limelight and people, I think (that's the way I interpret his over-the-top affection toward so many of the women, anyway); he believes in causes that he'd like to publicize; and he even has the job of Navy recruiter in a very tough time for the military. For all those reasons, I think he had a whole lot more invested in producing a show with an idyllic happy ending. So for him, the show -- and by extension the relationship -- meant a lot more than it did to Tessa, so he's having trouble giving it up.

All she's had to do is give up one of the many guys she'll be initially attracted to in her life but not want to continue with. That happens to most of us many times. He's having to give up that, plus a real opportunity to get his name and self and causes out there and prominent -- which he really really wants to do -- and that's a much bitterer pill to swallow, I'll bet (besides which an achiever like Andy is likely to see a relationship ending as a failure for somebody -- so you're going to blame yourself or be kind of angry with the other person, or both, I suppose.)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fortissimo;2622679;
    Well, those who understand how the show was edited know that that I love you was a voiceover. Andy didn't love Bevin romantically. He loved her like he loves his friends and relatives.
    Andy had VERY strong feelings for Bevin. As far as the I Love You's to both Tessa/Bevin - how can your really love anyone in that short period of time?

When Andy was filming the Bachelor he was WAY into Bevin. Just go back and watch all of the intensity/make out sessions especially during their fantasy date. If Andy was only "in love" with Tessa he wouldn't have acted so passionately with Bevin.

Once he chose Tessa he had to somehow refocus his feelings for Bevin to the friend category. Yet during filming of the show Andy/Bevin were definitely more lovers than just friends

FORT Newbie

I completely agree with you. In fact, at the FRC he told her he loved her again and then talked about what a "fine line" it was to choose b/w the two. It is clear that the feelings it had for her were romantic. I can't imagine having a conversation like that, still hugging and holding her, then turn around and propose to Tessa. If I were Tessa, and watched that encounter, I would not be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by leeniel;2623105;
    Once he chose Tessa he had to somehow refocus his feelings for Bevin to the friend category. During filming of the show they were definitely more lovers than just friends
    Agreed. I liked Tessa a lot from the beginning, and I saw the romance between her and Andy right away. But he definitely had a thing going for Bevin, and I believe it was real. At what point he decided to choose Tessa, I don't know. And whether there was the same depth of feeling with the two women is another thing I couldn't even guess at. But had Tessa not been there, I think he would have chosen Bevin without batting an eye. Whether he would have proposed to her is anyone's guess.

One thing I'm sort of noticing now that Andy and Tessa have split is that there are people who lean towards each of them, just as there was with Tessa and Bevin. I like Tessa a lot, and in both situations my sympathies have been with her. Not that I saw anything wrong with Bevin, I just liked Tessa better. I think I ignored my bad gut feeling about Andy because he seemed to make Tessa happy. But in truth, I never did buy his act completely. Yeah, he does all this stuff and it's interesting and he's intelligent and athletic, etc., etc., etc. But he's never struck me as someone I'd actually enjoy sitting next to on an airplane, if you know what I mean.

Oh, well. I hope everyone goes on to have nice lives with other people.

FORT Regular

Did anyone happen to see the picture of Tessa and Bevin having a beer together at Oktoberfest in San Francisco on Bevin's myspace page? I don't know if that was before the Kona race or the same weekend but it seemed to me another confirmation that Tessa is hanging out in SF, not really too busy to go out to Kona but she made the choice not to go for whatever reason.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by tulip00;2623114;
    I completely agree with you. In fact, at the FRC he told her he loved her again and then talked about what a "fine line" it was to choose b/w the two. It is clear that the feelings it had for her were romantic. I can't imagine having a conversation like that, still hugging and holding her, then turn around and propose to Tessa. If I were Tessa, and watched that encounter, I would not be pleased.
    Tessa is well aware that there was massive editing involved in the making of the show. It's well known that Andy's I love you to Bevin was a voiceover.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

I just want one of these fairy tales to work out. Yes, yes, the Bachelorette did, but never, The Bachelor. It's so unrealistic and impossible, but I'm a hopeless romantic and feel like a dope when it all falls apart.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fortissimo;2624746;
    Tessa is well aware that there was massive editing involved in the making of the show. It's well known that Andy's I love you to Bevin was a voiceover.
    The producers may be able to do voiceovers with words, but when it comes to all of the non-verbal communication Bevin/Andy shared during the filming of the show touching/kissing/caressing these gestures were intense/passionate/real

Quote Originally Posted by Fortissimo;2624746;
    Well then that just proves Andy is a bigger JERK than a lot of us viewers already perceived. IMO he did tell her ILY and probably more than once. If he did not he would have been all over the Editors because we are told Andy run the show.

When Andy told Bevin he loved her, they were not in voiceover form.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread