+ Reply to Thread
Page 201 of 207 FirstFirst ... 101151191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2064

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle_me;2621245;
    I couldn't agree more. I am so sad that they didn't make it work, but time will tell if it is for good. I do believe the press was too much in their private space, and Tessa didn't like it so much.
    Lately, I've begun to think that a lot of the exposure Andy was getting was not due to the media..especially his and Tessa's private time. I think most of that and still is was Andy's own publist, Joy, which makes it even more disgusting. Andy had total control over the publicity, I think this may have been what hurt Tessa so badly.

Joy, was and still is a confident of Andy's, isn't he smart enough to realized these people are using him to promote themselves as well, and start thinking for himself...what is best for him. He is so influenced by people like his friend Gatsby and Joy...these are two of the ones he needs to get the %#*! away from and grow up. Both of these people have benifited greatly by all this.:nono

If Andy loves Tessa like he has indicated, then, he is the only loser in this whole deal!! And, WOW, WHAT HE HAS LOST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy;2621727;
    Lately, I've begun to think that a lot of the exposure Andy was getting was not due to the media..especially his and Tessa's private time. I think most of that and still is was Andy's own publist, Joy, which makes it even more disgusting. Andy had total control over the publicity, I think this may have been what hurt Tessa so badly.

Joy, was and still is a confident of Andy's, isn't he smart enough to realized these people are using him to promote themselves as well, and start thinking for himself...what is best for him. He is so influenced by people like his friend Gatsby and Joy...these are two of the ones he needs to get the %#*! away from and grow up. Both of these people have benifited greatly by all this.:nono

If Andy loves Tessa like he has indicated, then, he is the only loser in this whole deal!! And, WOW, WHAT HE HAS LOST!!!
    ITA but it is my opinion that they are all using each other to promote themselves including Andy....that is one partying group and a very close knit group of friends.....athletes, models and photographers.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fortissimo;2621568;
    I didn't see any leg rubbing on Bevin at ATFR. The leg rubbing was all on Tessa.
    I was very surprised at how “touch feely” Andy was towards Bevin on the ATFR, especially with the leg rubs. Since we have since seen Andy exhibit the same "touchy feely" behavior with Miss Iran I guess it is just his nature. I wonder if Tessa took this "touchy feely" behavior in stride or if she was really bothered by it?

FORT Fan

Lately, I've begun to think that a lot of the exposure Andy was getting was not due to the media..especially his and Tessa's private time. I think most of that and still is was Andy's own publist, Joy.....He is so influenced by people like his friend Gatsby and Joy..
    IMO Andy enjoys/relishes the spotlight and will continue to be involved in publicized events with or with out Joy/Gatsby.

Andy/Tessa's private time was not really exposed. Yes, we saw some photographs from certain events but I am sure there are hundreds of hours that Andy/Tessa spent privately together with no media involved. Andy/Tessa must have other issues (besides the media) that have contributed to the end of their relationship

FORT Fan

There are countless relationships out there where the two parties involved have loved and lost. It is a risk you take when opening yourself up and becoming involved in a romantic relationship. It becomes even more complicated when you become engaged with out having spent enough quality time together in the real world to find out if you are actually a good match/fit for each other.

Andy is not a loser because his relationship with Tessa is over. I am sure he feels immense pain like we all do when a relationship ends. As time progresses he will regroup, move on, and hopefully at some point find a woman he is much more "compatible" with than he was with Tessa.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Fortissimo;2620575;
    Tessa's parents have never confirmed anything of that sort.

Tessa was asked about that in a radio or tv interview I remember watching or listening to on the web and andy said something about how he had no knowledge of her financial standing when the show was going on and then tessa said that her grandfather in hongkong has no relevance to her life and I cant be sure but there was this implication that even if he did have a lot of money she wasnt close to him. But she did mention him.

Quote Originally Posted by obtessed4sure;2622191;
    Tessa was asked about that in a radio or tv interview I remember watching or listening to on the web and andy said something about how he had no knowledge of her financial standing when the show was going on and then tessa said that her grandfather in hongkong has no relevance to her life and I cant be sure but there was this implication that even if he did have a lot of money she wasnt close to him. But she did mention him.
    That question came up during the conference call interview after the finale aired and the washington post reporter asked the question about the 'richest man in hong kong' and after she asked it, Tessa said "I don't think he has anything to do with this" with a rather firm, not jovial tone to her voice (that's what I remember from the conversation), can't remember if that was before or after Andy spoke. I guess saying 'he' could be confirming that her grandfather is the richest man in Hong Kong, but I took that as an "I'm not answering your question either way" response. :

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by SweetElvira;2620730;
    There are women willing to sublimate their careers, etc. and follow a man's ambition. I have a very good friend who gave up her career as an attorney for her husband, who is a CEO. And that relationship works beautifully for them and their young children. However, I will once again go back to the point I've made here several times. Andy still had to give somewhere. It can't be all about him. To me, the obvious place was on the publicity, the alone time together, the flirting with other women. If Tessa expected that from him while thinking she could be happy giving up her career and be a "traditional" wife and mother, that would make perfect sense. But if he gave on anything at all, it wasn't evident.

Both partners in a relationship have the right to expect things from each other. Relationships require compromise, which by definition means that both parties give sometimes.

If Andy sticks to his "you will make all the changes, I will make none" attitude, it will be a long, long time before he has a successful, lasting relationship.

At some point, he will have to decide to make this a higher priority than his triathlons, charity work, flirtations, publicity, and whatever else, or just be a bachelor forever.

I totally agree with this. And please dont flame me for this opinion but I really think there is an arrogance Andy has about his choices that are totally relative but he sees them as absolutes. He's a navy doctor (being deployed to iraq) and an athlete and clearly he thinks he's the bees knees for being these things. He seems to think his path is somehow" higher" than one a woman can have and that she should subordinate herself for his goals.

I wonder how he would react to a woman who disagrees with or even questions the war in iraq or his position as a government employee under this current political regime. There is something in his attitude that anyone who would question his choices wouldnt make it far with him and I am wondering if ideological differences are what drove andy and tessa apart. Maybe she's a liberal democrat? pure speculation but I dont see him as a support to his spouse if her views were radically different from his. He seems to be too entrenched in what he assumes as right good and worthy.

Again my comment isnt meant to incite anyone, there are plenty of couples with differing ideologies who are able to put their differences aside, compromise and make it work. I just feel that Andy with his ego wouldnt be one of those and yet he does seem to be attracted to independent thinkers ( like tessa and even bevin). This makes me think that he will be single for a loooooong time until he questions his inner conflicting beliefs/wants.

Even that comment that his friend mitch posted initially that mitch later ammended. Mitch wrote something about Andy being the JFK of our time. Andy and his supporters don't seem to understand that JFK was 50 years ago and whatever image he thinks he's living up to is totally passe. And that we today know FAR too much about JFK to believe his camalot facade like they did back when he was president.
    Last edited by obtessed4sure; 10-21-2007 at 08:31 PM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Secret;2622200;
    That question came up during the conference call interview after the finale aired and the washington post reporter asked the question about the 'richest man in hong kong' and after she asked it, Tessa said "I don't think he has anything to do with this" with a rather firm, not jovial tone to her voice (that's what I remember from the conversation), can't remember if that was before or after Andy spoke. I guess saying 'he' could be confirming that her grandfather is the richest man in Hong Kong, but I took that as an "I'm not answering your question either way" response. :

Ok that's right, I remember she made some comment about how he has nothing to do with this but I guess I assumed a bit more than what was said. I do remember Andy saying something about how he had no knowledge of Tessa's relatives when the show was taping and this to me sounded like if she had wealthy relatives it didnt influence his decision. Which might have construed an implication that she does have wealthy relatives but that might be stretching. I guess all Tessa really said when she spoke after Andy ( that much I remember) was that she did have a grandfather but that he didnt have anything to do with the show.

Quote Originally Posted by obtessed4sure;2622218;
    I totally agree with this. And please dont flame me for this opinion but I really think there is an arrogance Andy has about his choices that are totally relative but he sees them as absolutes. He's a navy doctor (being deployed to iraq) and an athlete and clearly he thinks he's the bees knees for being these things. He seems to think his path is somehow" higher" than one a woman can have and that she should subordinate herself for his goals.

I wonder how he would react to a woman who disagrees with or even questions the war in iraq or his position as a government employee under this current political regime. There is something in his attitude that anyone who would question his choices wouldnt make it far with him and I am wondering if ideological differences are what drove andy and tessa apart. Maybe she's a liberal democrat? pure speculation but I dont see him as a support to his spouse if her views were radically different from his. He seems to be too entrenched in what he assumes as right good and worthy.

Again my comment isnt meant to incite anyone, there are plenty of couples with differing ideologies who are able to put their differences aside, compromise and make it work. I just feel that Andy with his ego wouldnt be one of those and yet he does seem to be attracted to independent thinkers ( like tessa and even bevin). This makes me think that he will be single for a loooooong time until he questions his inner conflicting beliefs/wants.

Even that comment that his friend mitch posted initially that mitch later ammended. Mitch wrote something about Andy being the JFK of our time. Andy and his supporters don't seem to understand that JFK was 50 years ago and whatever image he thinks he's living up to is totally passe. And that we today know FAR too much about JFK to believe his camalot facade like they did back when he was president.
    Very insightfull and well written...I agree with you totally.

+ Reply to Thread